Seattle Kraken Hockey

chris98251

Reaction score
Chawker":3q0otdlz said:
Ok, try this one out: "The Seattle Scream" fans here can scream quite loud. :2thumbs:

Logo

large-fun93228sd.jpg

Maulbert

Reaction score
Crizilla":1w5y4ovy said:
my first choice is still Metropolitans

A meh name for a meh team. That cut it in 1918. Now, it sounds no better than soccer teams that call themselves United, Alliance, or FC. Those are boring names that have no color and don't represent anything about their host cities or region.

If they're called the Metropolitans, I will never buy any team merchandise. I don't rep stuff that doesn't rep me.

Chawker

Reaction score
Maulbert":q9onx5ib said:
Scream. Kracken. Quake. Sea Monsters. These all sound like AFL team names. Your choices all suck.

Maulbert, why are you so negative all the time? I'd like to hear your suggestion on a suitable name for Seattle NHL would be?

Its just not right go'in around blasting people without giving us your opinion on the matter.

So, what do you think a suitable name would be?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Chawker":3mlyv6b8 said:
Maulbert":3mlyv6b8 said:
Scream. Kracken. Quake. Sea Monsters. These all sound like AFL team names. Your choices all suck.

Maulbert, why are you so negative all the time? I'd like to hear your suggestion on a suitable name for Seattle NHL would be?

Its just not right go'in around blasting people without giving us your opinion on the matter.

So, what do you think a suitable name would be?

I'm not negative. I've said since day one Sockeye fit Seattle (and hockey, with a light double entendre) better than anything else, and it has alliteration which I'm quite fond of. It's been the obvious choice for awhile now, and it seems to me people are grasping at straws just because they don't want a fish name. Well, I don't want a name that sounds like a generic minor league team somewhere nobody's heard of.

Also, I might add, using Sockeye would lend itself nicely to using red as one of the team colors, which could make the team decidedly distinct from the Seahawks, Sounders, Mariners, or Sonics (if we ever get them back), as well as paying tribute to the Metropolitans without using the crappy name.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Maulbert":35t0t5ub said:
Crizilla":35t0t5ub said:

Those are boring names that have no color and don't represent anything about their host cities or region.

Lots of the native tribes in seattle area wore red and painted in red, and green is already a good color to represent the area. If anything don't root for blue or lime green because the M's, Seahawks, and Sounders already use those colors.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Crizilla":1smitqwa said:
Maulbert":1smitqwa said:
Crizilla":1smitqwa said:

Those are boring names that have no color and don't represent anything about their host cities or region.

Lots of the native tribes in seattle area wore red and painted in red, and green is already a good color to represent the area. If anything don't root for blue or lime green because the M's, Seahawks, and Sounders already use those colors.

I don't literally mean color. I mean the name sounds like a business, not a sports team.

Chawker

Reaction score
Well maulbert, you guys are probably closer to the real name then the rest of us.

Seattle skipper's

Seattle Sailor's

Seattle Cyclone's

Seattle Sawyer's

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing this is Seattle and has a majority of Women on the council and a female Mayor, this is what you would get.
87319ddc6b86aea524910  sailor costumes dress belts

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ughhh!

https://mobile.twitter.com/home

I hope this is wrong.

First part of 2020?????

IMHO they are botching the name/colors/logo/jersey thing by dragging this out.

They could already be starting to get cash flow into the organization by selling team gear/merch, now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":30gjoac4 said:
Is there supposed to be a link to an actual story here? Mobile twitter doesn't help.
It works when I click on the link.
I didn’t know how to embed it.

NHLtoSeattle
@NHLtoSeattle
Here is the latest on the timeline for naming the team from the
@cotsonika
article: "It's my understanding we'll hopefully get a name out the first part of 2020, and hopefully with that will be some colors as well"

Latest posts