Seattle sacks Rogers 5 times.

Seahawk

Reaction score
D is giving up too many long passes. Wish they would clean that up. Also, the line is letting QB's out of the pocket. Not just Rogers, they aren't containing the pocket very well.
Still did well enough for the W. Go Hawks!

94Smith

Reaction score
Their sacks rushing just 4 on 3rd down were impressive.

Jville

Reaction score
94Smith":22m9aro0 said:
Their sacks rushing just 4 on 3rd down were impressive.

I was impressed as well. So much of the league has gone to 5 man rushes.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Rodgers now has 30 sacks on the season, tied for fourth most sacks, so I don't know if this is a good metric of our pass rush. Clearly, several of these sacks were coverage sacks, and Rodgers should have thrown it away.

We will have a better sense after facing the Panthers and the Chiefs. Newton and Mahomes are tied at 23rd with 17 sacks each.

As an aside, Drew Brees with only 9 sacks this season comes in at 36th on the list Drool.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
^^^^ Exactly. Surprised people are putting it mainly on coverage when Rodgers could have tried to get rid of the ball, which is what we usually expect for our QB. I guess it’s the emotional aspect of rooting for the Seahawks, we still need a stronger pass rush and it will show itself against future opponents like Cousins or even Brees. Unless Clark plays out of his mind

mrt144

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":6kzht6k8 said:
The previous 2 games Seattle was unable to pressure the QB . Well that changed tonight and pressure on Rogers was the difference in the game along with Wilson. If they can do that the rest of the year there's a realistic chance for a Wildcard.

I bet that a lot of the cheesehead nation today is looking at Rodgers and McCarthy the same way we've looked at RW, Pete and Schotty over the past two weeks where they perceive dysfunction in many areas to allow 5 sacks like that.

I mention this just to put the idea out there that we shouldn't over credit our own team when it comes to some things that happened in the game and to think about how one individually assigns credit and blame when we take sacks. At times it felt like a mirror image out there.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mrt144":3712evik said:
Northwest Seahawk":3712evik said:
The previous 2 games Seattle was unable to pressure the QB . Well that changed tonight and pressure on Rogers was the difference in the game along with Wilson. If they can do that the rest of the year there's a realistic chance for a Wildcard.

I bet that a lot of the cheesehead nation today is looking at Rodgers and McCarthy the same way we've looked at RW, Pete and Schotty over the past two weeks where they perceive dysfunction in many areas to allow 5 sacks like that.

I mention this just to put the idea out there that we shouldn't over credit our own team when it comes to some things that happened in the game and to think about how one individually assigns credit and blame when we take sacks. At times it felt like a mirror image out there.

They are. They were in chat last night. The fact that they saw a ray of sunshine in CM 3 on what was not his sack fumble (it was Martinez) was a shocker to them. Then he did get a sack. OMG.....LOL

It seemed that MM was doing the same things that Voldemort was doing.

Turning out to be interesting for a Retool year.

chris98251

Reaction score
According to Rodgers we didn't do anything to stop them the second half, they beat themselves.

getnasty

Reaction score
Not to be Douglas Downer but I thought most of the sacks were due to Rodgers not finding open receivers and holding on to the ball. I can only think of one time when they got quick pressure and that was on a blitz. Regardless good team effort.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Funny how Rodger's sacks were coverage sacks and Wilson's sacks were "holding the ball too long" sacks.

Like there's a difference.... :roll:

JGreen79

Reaction score
sutz":29t4j115 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":29t4j115 said:
Uncle Si":29t4j115 said:
That 2nd half defense, as it was last week, was really good. Great adjustments

Absolutely! I'd like to see more adjustments after Q1
That is harder to do, and nearly impossible if the O is throwing 3 and outs.

I agree 100%, on the sidelines you can make minor adjustments but it's harder to communicate them. In the locker room at halftime is where Norton is shining this year imo.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
chris98251":1093qxz3 said:
According to Rodgers we didn't do anything to stop them the second half, they beat themselves.

Rodgers always says that. The Packers never actually lose to an opposing team, it's always the Packers that beat the Packers. In that sense he can always imagine himself as undefeated.

I remember in the Championship Game back in 2014 when Seattle had that miraculous win against Packers, if I remember, Rodgers claimed that the "better team lost today". He's a sack of shit and a poor sportsman.