Seattle Sounders 2015 Season Thread

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3g9lzn48 said:
Uncle Si":3g9lzn48 said:
Sgt. Largent":3g9lzn48 said:
Uncle Si":3g9lzn48 said:
Why is the MLS playing during the International break?

Cause Garber still thinks it's 1994 when the MLS didn't have any international quality players to care about stopping play for.

MLS fans are aware that this is stupid and immediately diminishes the legitimacy of league standings then?

I'd say a big percentage of MLS fans aren't even aware that there's an international break.

Is there any site that tracks how many MLS players go off to international duty? As much as I hate on Garber, my guess is he and the owners need a bigger number of international players to be on active rosters before they either cut down on matches or extend the season for an international break.

I know MLS.com has written on it, but I'm not sure how detailed it is.

Smurf

Reaction score
razgriz737":5dqynarl said:
Darwin Jones with the hat trick today.

Indeed. S2 is rolling right now. 2 games. 8 Goals scored. 6 Points. Top of the league.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22mcgcaa said:
Why is the MLS playing during the International break?

Its stupid. Just stupid. Klinsmann is mad about it. Supporters groups are mad about it. Coaches are mad about it.

Not sure why it hasn't been changed yet.

But for now, we have to live with it.

Smurf

Reaction score
Xavi is not heading to qatar. Door open to mls entry. Seattle, NYRB and NYCFC rumored to be the three clubs interested.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smurf":1mjj2pb8 said:
Xavi is not heading to qatar. Door open to mls entry. Seattle, NYRB and NYCFC rumored to be the three clubs interested.

Don't even tease me with Xavi.

Besides, do we even have the allocation cash to buy down Ozzie's (I assume his cause he's the lowest of the three DP's) contract in order to fit another DP under our cap?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mp4w873 said:
Smurf":2mp4w873 said:

Don't even tease me with Xavi.

Besides, do we even have the allocation cash to buy down Ozzie's (I assume his cause he's the lowest of the three DP's) contract in order to fit another DP under our cap?

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Smurf jumped through some hoops to get to his conclusion there. Xavi has said "I was just visiting, I was just visiting," Xavi said. "When I am ready to talk about it I will let you know."

Pretty open door to anywhere, including Qatar. I think is that he would rather wait to announce he's leaving the club until after the season has run out. Which makes a ton of sense.

He is one of, if not the, only senior player who spends much time at Barca's fabled academy, La Masa. a few of my friends have spent time there and say he was always about, meeting with the players and staff, spending time around the facility. I think his heart is in coaching, and Qatar's coaching academy is top notch. I can see him playing a year or two while he gets his license than joining La Masa and later Barca as a coach.

You can follow Zidane's coaching trajectory as one to both emulate and avoid. He had to be officially removed from coaching the Real B team because he did not have a license, despite spending 5 years in the club's coaching system. He's been all over Europe getting his badges as he manages the squad unofficially.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2iko7wgd said:
Curious to know what you guys think of the Reign's Wambach trade.

Gave up a promising young player for one who may not play club soccer until after the Summer 2015 World Cup.

All about pub...

(and screw you for talking about women's soccer)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3avse77k said:

I haven't watched one minute of NWSL, but it makes no sense considering Wambach just said she's not playing club soccer anymore.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mmzpbz5 said:
dumbrabbit":1mmzpbz5 said:

I haven't watched one minute of NWSL, but it makes no sense considering Wambach just said she's not playing club soccer anymore.

Not "anymore"... just not in 2015. Training on her own in the PNW (probably with the Reign) to get ready for the World Cup.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mppoupc said:
Sgt. Largent":1mppoupc said:
dumbrabbit":1mppoupc said:

Not "anymore"... just not in 2015. Training on her own in the PNW (probably with the Reign) to get ready for the World Cup.

Good point, and she is closer to her wife now who lives in Portland, so maybe being traded to Seattle will make her re-examine her stance on not playing this year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35m32hyx said:
Uncle Si":35m32hyx said:
Sgt. Largent":35m32hyx said:
dumbrabbit":35m32hyx said:

Good point, and she is closer to her wife now who lives in Portland, so maybe being traded to Seattle will make her re-examine her stance on not playing this year.

I'd bet she would play some club ball after the World Cup. This is probably her last WC and she has been pretty adamant in her desire to win it.

Smurf

Reaction score
Should be noted that the other player we received in the trade is a promising young player who many believe has more upside than LeRoux.

Smurf

Reaction score
Alonso back in full practice.

Brad Evans has said he believes the team will be at full strength for our next match.

Alonso, Marshall, Martins and Dempsey are all coming off injury, and Pappa is returning from International duty on Thursday.

Smurf

Reaction score
Big rumors floating around today that Kenny Cooper is being sold to a team in Sweden. No club named as of yet. Their window closes TOMORROW. So deal should be done then at the latest (thursday announcement possible).

This would net the club International Transfer Allocation funds....which could be used to buy down Alonso's contract to non-DP status making way for another big name player....Xavi....potentially....

Those are just a few of the many dots that could be connected.

Edit: I should mention that the club is still sitting on a giant pile of allocation money from the Yedlin Transfer and Qualifying for the CCL....even before a Cooper transfer is taken into account....We have the funds to do pretty much whatever we want...

From reports we have enough Allocation $ to buy down Alonso, buy another DP player, and buy another regular "In the 18" player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smurf":1ewzkvh9 said:
Big rumors floating around today that Kenny Cooper is being sold to a team in Sweden. No club named as of yet. Their window closes TOMORROW. So deal should be done then at the latest (thursday announcement possible). .

That'd make sense as to why he hasn't been training with the club.

Exciting that we might score some more allocation cash, but not sure how much we're going to get for a player like Cooper.

knownone

Reaction score
Smurf":1duhoz4k said:
Big rumors floating around today that Kenny Cooper is being sold to a team in Sweden. No club named as of yet. Their window closes TOMORROW. So deal should be done then at the latest (thursday announcement possible).

This would net the club International Transfer Allocation funds....which could be used to buy down Alonso's contract to non-DP status making way for another big name player....Xavi....potentially....

Those are just a few of the many dots that could be connected.

Edit: I should mention that the club is still sitting on a giant pile of allocation money from the Yedlin Transfer and Qualifying for the CCL....even before a Cooper transfer is taken into account....We have the funds to do pretty much whatever we want...

From reports we have enough Allocation $ to buy down Alonso, buy another DP player, and buy another regular "In the 18" player.
wow... why on earth would Kenny want to go to Sweden? that just doesn't make much sense at his age, unless they intend to pay him a lot more than he's making now.

I'd be surprised if Xavi actually signed here. He's definitely the type of player Seattle is missing though. If we did sign him, it would make Seattle by far the most talented team in MLS and virtually unstoppable.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Where are the Sounders on the DP list? Isn't it rotation based? Why would the Sounders be potentially favorites for Xavi? Excuse me for the question, because I don't have much knowledge of this subject.

Smurf

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1qd77bo8 said:
Where are the Sounders on the DP list? Isn't it rotation based? Why would the Sounders be potentially favorites for Xavi? Excuse me for the question, because I don't have much knowledge of this subject.

You are thinking of the Allocation Order which does have a rotation too it.

DP's, unless they are US internationals, are not subject to allocation order.

Sounders are a potential landing spot for Xavi:

-$$$$
-Large Club
-$$$$
-Fan Base
-$$$$
-Quality of Team
-$$$$

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. When would the Allocation Order be used instead of a DP? Why doesn't Xavi qualify for the Allocation Order?

Latest posts