Seattle Sounders 2017 season thread

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Went to game tonight (first Sounders game since 1981 maybe?)

Liked Bruin and Morris' movement off the ball and I have to imagine that was one of Lodeiros better performances this season. He was great.

That said... MN United was simply awful. No pressure on the ball, no sense of urgency off it and just completely disorganized all over the field.

Soundest exploited every opening of time and space. They looked strong.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Yesterday was weird. Could have been 7 or 8 but the sounders were also really sloppy at points and a better team may have exploited that.

Thought roldan in particular made a few mistakes.

Feel like the team is so much more solid with the new rb. It was a big weakness all year and now is a strength.

Minnesota were awful. Hopefully they improve next year in squad and new stadium but the gophers logo at the end zones and half way line made it hard to watch. Along with weird camera angles.

Results in other games seem to be falling favorably. Dallas and houston seem to have dipped a bit but portland are improving. Kc will be a tough game next week.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Sounders looked awesome last night. That's how you play less talented expansion teams. With that said, I'd like to see Morris finish shots better. He was doing great with his runs....but could have had a hat trick last night if he finished better.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Also.. if you know any of the traveling Sounders fans share my compliments and those of many of friends. They were out and engaged before the home groups even got into the stadium. Shouted down United chants all night.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I really dont get the neagle move unless there is an injury we dont know about.

He wasnt great in his last spell and hasnt done anything in DC. He's not even improving our bench.

Scratching my head at this one. Seems like a waste of a roster spot.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":4g9clfbz said:
I really dont get the neagle move unless there is an injury we dont know about.

He wasnt great in his last spell and hasnt done anything in DC. He's not even improving our bench.

Scratching my head at this one. Seems like a waste of a roster spot.

Even worse, it probably says we were holding a roster spot open for hopefully another big transfer window signing, and it didn't happen. So we traded for Neagle.

I wasn't a fan either of Neagle when he was here the first time around. I can't think of a player that ran himself into being dispossessed more than Neagle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders traded for Calum Mallace, MF who was with Montreal. Looks like they are focused on adding bench depth rather than a big signing. So now they have Victor Rodriguez, Neagle, and Mallace as the new additions. It sounds like the Derlis deal is dead for now as Dynamo Kiev wanted more than what the Sounders were offering.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sounders are getting hot at the right time. If they can avoid injuries to key players they have every chance of winning the west and making the mls cup final again. Probably the best depth ive saw in a sounders team.

Portland and vancouver lost too amd kc are on a skid. We should beat minnesota and hopefully firm our position at the top.

Also it shows how meaningless the first few months of the mls season are. If you go around a five game run and have enough resources to get a good dp in, you can get at least a play off spot due to the parity in the league- unless you really suck.

I still think it will be hard to repeat though, toronto and the new york teams look pretty good in the east.

Chapow

Reaction score
PSA

If you go to games, print out your tickets. Do not rely on the match pass app on your phone. We (and many others) missed the first 20 minutes of the game because the app wasn't working so we had to stand in line at the ticket window. I go to 8-10 games a year and although this hasn't happened before, once is enough for me. I will be printing out my tickets from now on.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Chapow":38goejc0 said:
PSA

If you go to games, print out your tickets. Do not rely on the match pass app on your phone. We (and many others) missed the first 20 minutes of the game because the app wasn't working so we had to stand in line at the ticket window. I go to 8-10 games a year and although this hasn't happened before, once is enough for me. I will be printing out my tickets from now on.

I always make sure the tickets are displayed in the app before leaving home. By not working do you mean not displaying or do you mean not connecting to their server to retrieve the tickets?

Chapow

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2nls81s8 said:
Chapow":2nls81s8 said:
PSA

I always make sure the tickets are displayed in the app before leaving home. By not working do you mean not displaying or do you mean not connecting to their server to retrieve the tickets?

We couldn't connect to the servers to retrieve the tickets. We were told that "there had been a surge that knocked out the servers". Tickets were displaying fine on Friday night, but I didn't check before leaving the house on Saturday morning. I emailed my account rep yesterday and he said Ticketmaster was responsible and there wasn't anything that he could/would do. Like I said, I'll just print out my tickets from now on because it's a quick, simple thing to do and it's not worth missing basically a quarter of the match because there's some hiccup with the servers. Not a big deal at the end of the day and I have the ability to make sure it doesn't happen again by printing out my tickets and not relying on the match pass app.

One more quick note regarding Century Link though. At the ticket window area we went to, there were 3 windows. Only one of them would deal with the long line of people in our situation. The other 2 were will call only and the 2 people working those windows were just sitting there on their phones doing nothing. Basically everyone in line was somewhere between really annoyed to downright pissed off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I actually felt sorry for Minnesota last night, they deserved that point.

Obviously I'll take the three point and first place in the west now, but I was impressed with Minnesota's energy.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sounders were poor last night. Really slack and complacent at the back and could have lost more than one goal.

Had lots of possession and half chances on offense but their final ball really let them down, especially Lodeiro.

We lucked out but we need to up our game against Vancouver and Portland.

I hope Bruin starts next game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Agree on Lodeiro, he's not half as sharp as he was last year..............not sure what's going on with him. Too much dribbling into being dispossessed and uncertainty on his passes.

Ozzie also didn't have a great match.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jubrrp0x said:
Agree on Lodeiro, he's not half as sharp as he was last year..............not sure what's going on with him. Too much dribbling into being dispossessed and uncertainty on his passes.

There was talk of him wanting to return to Argentina about a month ago. Maybe his head has been turned or there is truth to it and he is unsettled?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":gikyow1y said:
Sgt. Largent":gikyow1y said:

There was talk of him wanting to return to Argentina about a month ago. Maybe his head has been turned or there is truth to it and he is unsettled?

Well if we're going to draw conclusions about what is going on this year as opposed to Lodeiro being super happy here last year? Only thing I can point to is Dempsey.

Last year Lodeiro had free reign to go wherever he wanted to get his foot on the ball. Now he's sharing the center space with Dempsey, who also demands his touches.

So if the rumors are true, it might stem from this.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Joevin Jones has joined the Trinidad National team without permission from the Sounders for their next two games meaning he'll miss Vancouver and Portland. Not sure what the Sounders will do about it.