Reaction score
Jville":1yhbrh97 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/status/785931998124650496[/tweet]

LOL.. fantasy points.

I benched him and lost.

treefidy

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3crxiu3z said:
Atlanta won a game with a raw scared qb.. changes the whole dynamics of the team, wonder how the Falcons would have done had Lynch been your qb.

but hey, you guys won, well done, pat your self on the back because had you lost to Lynch, I'd say your season would have been over.

That's fine. I'll let you believe that Lynch was the reason. Even though he played significantly better than Siemian did in his first game.

Largent80

Reaction score
treefidy":1cg1d026 said:
Largent80":1cg1d026 said:
I'm sorry tree fondler but you are the most uneducated fan I've seen around here in a while if you think the falcons OL will dominate the Hawks DL, especially in Seattle.

Funny. I heard this all week from the Denver fans.

Then during the game, heard plenty of "Well damn, maybe their OL is better than we though"

Seattle does not have the pass rush that Denver has. Not even close...

You have a lot to learn. Respect is one of them. Football is NOT just about pass rush.

Read and weep.....http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team ... on/defense

Were #1 you are 27, how do you think this is going to work out for ya?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
We've seen countless fans like treefiddy. They never amount to much as their fledgling bravado wears thin remarkably quickly.

I'll just sum it up as I see it: your team is a soft, finesse, timing squad. We've had our way with far better offenses than yours.

treefidy

Reaction score
Largent80":3ud6zr9h said:
You have a lot to learn. Respect is one of them. Football is NOT just about pass rush.

I have a lot to learn?

Let's dive deeper into this Defense.

Seattle's Opponents combined record (minus Seattle): 5-11 (.313)
Seattle's Opponents Total Offense Rankings: 14, 24, 26, 29
Seattle's Opponents Scoring Offense Rankings: 18, 24, 28, 31

I'll wait to see your counter argument before I continue...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
treefidy":15ateaol said:
Largent80":15ateaol said:
I'm sorry tree fondler but you are the most uneducated fan I've seen around here in a while if you think the falcons OL will dominate the Hawks DL, especially in Seattle.

Then during the game, heard plenty of "Well damn, maybe their OL is better than we though"

I would agree we don't have the edge guys they have. But we have better interior pass rush.

ATL's line seems to be really good from C to LT. But on the right side pretty suspect. Seattle rushes Bennet/Clark over the RG/RT. ATL seemed to game plan for a lot of quick hitting passes to eliminate Denver's speed rushers. Clark/Bennett and Avril can still get home if Ryan holds onto the ball to work deeper downfield.

Where Seattle is much better than Denver, is at linebacker. I watched that Denver game and took away from that game that their LBs are poor -- both in speed and in tackling ability. Seattle's LBs are some of the finest in the league at sure tackling and getting to the ball.

ATL's OL isn't a fluke. But I think where they are less that stellar is where we happen to have great pass rush options. I don't know who Denver was trotting out to defend the run, but Seattle is very stout on the interior. Should be a really good matchup of strength on strength. I do expect that Wagner and Wright will be the difference makers on the LOS.

As noted before, Seattle likes to play zone with their LBs and in general will concede cheap yards to RBs -- relying on their sure tackling to limit the gash plays that the Falcons enjoyed in Denver. I don't see a lot/if any explosive plays coming on passes to Coleman. If they do get some it'll be of the blown coverage variety we saw to Foster in week 1.

Seattle's defense is tough to forecast. It's not short on star power, but it's real strength is that it's very disciplined and is one of the best in the league at gap integrity and tackling. It's really very much a team defense concept and that to me is what makes it stand out as a whole and what gives our depth/rotation players such impact. Not sexy for sure. But it's been the key to our back to back to back to back #1 defensive scoring ranking.

On the other side of the ball -- can't really take much away from the Denver game. There will be no ability to cheat the defense like was done last week. Wilson and company is on fire. And if they do spend extra effort to deny Graham, there are a lot of other 1 on 1 options Wilson will exploit happily all day.

treefidy

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3vlqe3ay said:
We've seen countless fans like treefiddy. They never amount to much as their fledgling bravado wears thin remarkably quickly.

I'll just sum it up as I see it: your team is a soft, finesse, timing squad. We've had our way with far better offenses than yours.

Got this from Denver fans all last week as well. They not only told me they've had their way with far better offenses than ours, they said they used to have one.

You haven't, you won't and you were warned.

2_0_6

Reaction score
treefidy":3f4japsh said:
CodeWarrior":3f4japsh said:

Got this from Denver fans all last week as well. They not only told me they've had their way with far better offenses than ours, they said they used to have one.

You haven't, you won't and you were warned.
HLiCBtk

ball4life34

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":25y4lxhh said:
I remember hearing similar chatter from the ATL fanbase last year. Well, ya we all know how that went.

My matchups to watch.... Jimmy and ADB against the less than lockdown secondary.

The Atlanta Falcons are allowing 290 yards passing a game and have allowed a league-worst 14 passing touchdowns through five weeks.
You're just looking at the box scores. Falcons have gotten big leads the last 4 weeks and have given up a lot of yards / points playing prevent defense to chew clock. Both the Broncos and Panthers had 3 offensive points heading into the 4th quarter. And the secondary hasn't give up 100 yards to any receivers this year(usually struggle against RB's / TE's). Not saying the Falcons D is close to y'alls but it really isn't bad at all and probably finishes middle of the pack at the end of the year. Sunday might be the first week where all 11 staters are healthy.

Largent80

Reaction score
treefidy":3coww9r7 said:
Largent80":3coww9r7 said:

I have a lot to learn?

Let's dive deeper into this Defense.

Seattle's Opponents combined record (minus Seattle): 5-11 (.313)
Seattle's Opponents Total Offense Rankings: 14, 24, 26, 29
Seattle's Opponents Scoring Offense Rankings: 18, 24, 28, 31

I'll wait to see your counter argument before I continue...

I'm not going to argue, I'm just going to watch the Hawks kick the Falcons ass and giggle while it happens. We're #1 and you are #27 PERIOD.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":73363exa said:

Can we limit ourselves to attacking posts instead of posters, please? Treefidy is bringing good discussion material to the table, and I'd rather see this board reward substantial discussion rather than bully it out. Let's not get sensitive.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ball4life34":uinwd5ws said:
Hawk_Nation":uinwd5ws said:
I remember hearing similar chatter from the ATL fanbase last year. Well, ya we all know how that went.

My matchups to watch.... Jimmy and ADB against the less than lockdown secondary.

The Atlanta Falcons are allowing 290 yards passing a game and have allowed a league-worst 14 passing touchdowns through five weeks.
You're just looking at the box scores. Falcons have gotten big leads the last 4 weeks and have given up a lot of yards / points playing prevent defense to chew clock. Both the Broncos and Panthers had 3 offensive points heading into the 4th quarter. And the secondary hasn't give up 100 yards to any receivers this year(usually struggle against RB's / TE's). Not saying the Falcons D is close to y'alls but it really isn't bad at all and probably finishes middle of the pack at the end of the year. Sunday might be the first week where all 11 staters are healthy.

Actually no I have better things to do than look at the Falcons stats. I got those stats from the Espn twitter account. They were ranking to teams that they thought were most likely to come back to earth.

Falcons, Eagles, and Cowboys all were mentioned.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seems like every year, Atlanta comes out of the gate looking like big SB contenders and then by the 5th game, it's like someone sucks it out and it's laughing gas.

hawkpride

Reaction score
treefidy,

I have an idea...how about a little wager on who wins. After reading all the posts (obviously I'm a Hawks fan), If Atlanta wins I will go on your fan forum of choice an spew the greatness of the Falcons, however if (when) the Hawks win you come to This forum and spew (bow to) the greatness that is the Seattle Seahawks.

What say you?................ :rumble:

Largent80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1nj06ydh said:
CodeWarrior":1nj06ydh said:

Can we limit ourselves to attacking posts instead of posters, please? Treefidy is bringing good discussion material to the table, and I'd rather see this board reward substantial discussion rather than bully it out. Let's not get sensitive.

This is good discussion?...It is simple baiting and disrespect.

treefidy":1nj06ydh said:
Largent80":1nj06ydh said:

ball4life34

Reaction score
Bobblehead":343bu9ky said:
Seems like every year, Atlanta comes out of the gate looking like big SB contenders and then by the 5th game, it's like someone sucks it out and it's laughing gas.
Honestly I keep seeing a lot of people say that but the only time I remember it happening was last year.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm late to the party, is this dude trying to compare ATL vs Denver's offense with a backup QB to Russell Wilson's offense after two weeks to prepare for 50 year old Dwight Freeney?