Seattle will cakewalk to the Super Bowl?

AZ_fan

Reaction score
chris98251":3ju1foaf said:
We are now a pissed off team and are going to vent that going forward on whomever we face.

We will see how well that turns out next week.

Can't wait... glad we have something to play for. It will making the end result 100% legit.

Chapow

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1glmxnv2 said:
Not all of us feel that way Ringless. I would prefer to beat the Cards with Palmer at full strength and Mathieu in. -bsd

Looks to me like Carson is just fine.

I would prefer to beat the Cards with Russ, Lynch, Rawls, Graham, Willson, Okung, Kam and Bennett all at full strength and in.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seattle is a battle-tested playoff team. The Rams game gives me no real consternation. Our boys know how to turn it on in the playoffs. Hope we meet up with AZ in their house. Would be a pleasure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't know why there's so much smack talking about this week's game.

I'd honestly be astounded if we played most of our starters the entire game. I'd be shocked if Wilson, Baldwin and anyone else who is knicked up plays after half time.

This game literally means nothing for the Seahawks. They looked very apathetic against a Rams team that does nothing but tee off on them and cheap shot them. If that doesn't piss you off enough to win, you just don't care. I can't see them getting all fired up about the Cards in a meaningless game.

yes, meaningless. If going 5-3 at home doesn't piss you off, then getting swept by 2 division rivals shouldn't either. You protect your home turf. We just haven't this year, and the team looked like it could care less for the most part last Sunday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seattle is not going to cakewalk to anything. If they win anything in the postseason this year it's going to be a struggle. There are not any 43-8 like dominations by the Hawks this year in any playoff game with the amount of injuries to stud players, and general ineffectiveness of the O-line against good to great defenses.

Rob12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ikyg1lt said:
Seattle is not going to cakewalk to anything. If they win anything in the postseason this year it's going to be a struggle. There are not any 43-8 like dominations by the Hawks this year in any playoff game with the amount of injuries to stud players, and general ineffectiveness of the O-line against good to great defenses.

This, Arizona is the team to beat. 13 wins, and possibly 14 come Sunday. They're just a damn good football team with a great coach. Losing Mathieu hurt, but they can overcome it.

Arizona, as much as it pains me to say, is my pick to win it all. Barring health, they're that good.

Seattle is having a very, very down year. Despite our QB having the best statistical season of his career, the team as a whole is just flat. On paper, we should be a 12-14 win team. We're not, so there's a lot of work to be done.

We ain't cake walking to anything. If we get there, it will be a huge struggle. At this point, I'm tipping my hat to the Cardinals and hoping I am wrong.

And for the record, I am impressed with the Cardinals fans here. We may bicker and debate, but the ones who have showed up have been pretty solid.

None of this has been easy to type. Injuries got the best of us this year. Lynch, Graham, Rawls... Not many teams are going to recover from that. And that doesn't even touch on the Cary Williams catastrophe and Kam holding out and subsequently getting hurt. It just doesn't feel like our year. I do believe in my heart, but my mind says this just isn't the year and the team will hopefully grow from that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rob12":2ykpmo4r said:
Sports Hernia":2ykpmo4r said:

This, Arizona is the team to beat. 13 wins, and possibly 14 come Sunday. They're just a damn good football team with a great coach. Losing Mathieu hurt, but they can overcome it.

Arizona, as much as it pains me to say, is my pick to win it all. Barring health, they're that good.

Seattle is having a very, very down year. Despite our QB having the best statistical season of his career, the team as a whole is just flat. On paper, we should be a 12-14 win team. We're not, so there's a lot of work to be done.

We ain't cake walking to anything. If we get there, it will be a huge struggle. At this point, I'm tipping my hat to the Cardinals and hoping I am wrong.

And for the record, I am impressed with the Cardinals fans here. We may bicker and debate, but the ones who have showed up have been pretty solid.

None of this has been easy to type. Injuries got the best of us this year. Lynch, Graham, Rawls... Not many teams are going to recover from that. And that doesn't even touch on the Cary Williams catastrophe and Kam holding out and subsequently getting hurt. It just doesn't feel like our year. I do believe in my heart, but my mind says this just isn't the year and the team will hopefully grow from that.
You've pretty much summed up my feelings to a T Rob. Good post man. This team has been off all year. Capable of beating the good teams but just not putting it together enough to do so. Suspect we'll see some bigger type changes this offseason and it may not just be to the roster.

Agree with you about the Cards too. Just looking like their year more and more.

Largent80

Reaction score
Only someone without much playoff experience would say any team has a cakewalk, actually they should know better. Seattle has lost more starters than any of the teams in the NFC.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I highly doubt Seattle has lost more starters than anyone in the NFC. Rawls is not a starter. You guys overall don't have many starters on IR that I can see. And certainly none the caliber of the #1 rated CB in the league and DPOY candidate honey badger.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle could have calm seas and a full tank of gas and the wind at their back and still could not cake walk across Puget Sound. We do things the hard way or make them harder then need be, we may achieve things but it's never the easy road, things get ugly and then better, or just stay ugly.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":i06b38bm said:
Seattle could have calm seas and a full tank of gas and the wind at their back and still could not cake walk across Puget Sound. We do things the hard way or make them harder then need be, we may achieve things but it's never the easy road, things get ugly and then better, or just stay ugly.

I will say this, and it's non-disputable: Hawks have gone to the SB two years in a row w HFA.

To get there on the road for a 3RD year in a row: now, that's NFL History and highlights for the next decade.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":35szweoc said:
chris98251":35szweoc said:

I will say this, and it's non-disputable: Hawks have gone to the SB two years in a row w HFA.

To get there on the road for a 3RD year in a row: now, that's NFL History and highlights for the next decade.

True, but we did it non conventionally, look at our drafts and where our starters came from. Not a stack of high draft picks, not a easy schedule, for sure not the cake walk. We got HFA but earned it.

Now the Patriots, sure they have a non conventional way of putting their roster together as well, but name a team that has had a road grader smooth out a schedule more then they have, not to mention the other stuff they do.

Put the Patriots in the AFC North and take out the Browns, do you think the Patriots are as successful of a Franchise?

That's what I mean by not a cake walk.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":3i3ypgbl said:
RedAlice":3i3ypgbl said:
chris98251":3i3ypgbl said:

True, but we did it non conventionally, look at our drafts and where our starters came from. Not a stack of high draft picks, not a easy schedule, for sure not the cake walk. We got HFA but earned it.

Now the Patriots, sure they have a non conventional way of putting their roster together as well, but name a team that has had a road grader smooth out a schedule more then they have, not to mention the other stuff they do.

Put the Patriots in the AFC North and take out the Browns, do you think the Patriots are as successful of a Franchise?

That's what I mean by not a cake walk.

My opinion of the Patriots is worse than yours.

The NFL way over glorifies the East Coast, and the "cake" teams.....Hawks have never been one and have worked (the hard way as you say) their way into some fame. With HFA. Now, you have the opportunity to do it for the 3rd year in a row on the road. That is NFL history if you can do it.

That's my only point.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Largent80":1pmhq71o said:
Only someone without much playoff experience would say any team has a cakewalk, actually they should know better. Seattle has lost more starters than any of the teams in the NFC.

Lets take a look at STARTERS on IR
Jimmy Graham IR

Who else? Thats really not that bad.
Other than that you have Lynch who is set to return. In fact Seattle is a very healthy team overall and have been for years. Not one defensive starter is on IR

Sure there are "Man games missed"
But GB has lost more, NYG have lost more. Philadelphia has lost more. Detroit, SF, NO. In fact if you look at man games lost Seattle Ranks 20th! 19 more teams have had it worse! So no I dont believe that. I do however see that Seattle is going to be a very healthy team going into the playoffs. The players that have missed games were backups or role players on special teams. But not starters outside of Graham.

NINEster

Reaction score
Ringless, shame on you for the thread.

Seattle has never cake walked to any Super Bowl, except maybe SB 40.

2012/2013/2014 Seahawk NFC postseason has always been tighter than most fans would have imagined.

I look at historical trends to predict a lot of things, and right now its saying Seattle will have to earn every W it gets.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm not getting all the "woe is me" posts and doubt of the Seahawks. Even playing their worst football we have seen in a while, the Seahawks had the lead in the fourth quarter of EVERY loss up to last week. The Seahawks also played a tough schedule while they were going through their funk. To me, expecting to lose is just a way of giving up and I'm not going to give up like the rest of you quitters.

Expect to win... Its not like there is an unbeatable team and no team out there can beat the Seahawks if the Seahawks play like they're capable of playing. This team likes to take on challenges and I think they will prove that they are more than up to the challenge.

Damn quitters.