Serious- Has the shine wore off on Russ?

rjdriver

Reaction score
acer1240":1nxtjyt5 said:
Xray is the inaugural member of my ignore list. You'd think Russ banged his wife or something

Just to dispel any question of my fandom,

I'd be quite proud if Russell banged my wife.

acer1240

Reaction score
rjdriver":2g9iqjva said:
acer1240":2g9iqjva said:
Xray is the inaugural member of my ignore list. You'd think Russ banged his wife or something

Just to dispel any question of my fandom,

I'd be quite proud if Russell banged my wife.

Golden Tate kinda approves of this post.

I think

Smellyman

Reaction score
xray":k9ry6924 said:
He was shiny for 4 seasons when the Hawks had the best defense and top ten run game in the NFL. THEY made him look good. Fast forward.... the last two years having to earn his keep...not so good. Wilson was exposed along time ago. He is toast this season. Fan since 1976 longer than some of you been alive. I always want them to win but money and politics have F***ed this team up. :irishdrinkers:

He led the league in TDs and yards LAST YEAR with 0 run game and an awful oline.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
xray":2m4hjjaz said:
He was shiny for 4 seasons when the Hawks had the best defense and top ten run game in the NFL. THEY made him look good. Fast forward.... the last two years having to earn his keep...not so good. Wilson was exposed along time ago. He is toast this season. Fan since 1976 longer than some of you been alive. I always want them to win but money and politics have his team up. :irishdrinkers:

Shocking that each post, even though it's the same as the one before It, is somehow worse.

He literally led the league last year.

No more masked f bombs. Next one is time off

semiahmoo

Reaction score
xray":irke54kf said:
He was shiny for 4 seasons when the Hawks had the best defense and top ten run game in the NFL. THEY made him look good. Fast forward.... the last two years having to earn his keep...not so good. Wilson was exposed along time ago. He is toast this season. Fan since 1976 longer than some of you been alive. I always want them to win but money and politics have this team up. :irishdrinkers:

Agree with much of what you are saying here particularly regarding how RW had the benefit of a world -class defense and running game at the beginning of his career. Since those two things are now gone he has struggled a lot more to win/lead the team to the playoffs. (Last season was a miserable outing)

Not ready to call him "toast" just yet. Hoping he can find a way to improve as a pocket QB given his speed is reduced and teams are so tuned in to his scrambling habits. (The old backwards spin thing that has cost us a ton of yards of late)

Hoping for the best but won't be at all surprised if we don't see it...

mrt144

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3s102krt said:
xray":3s102krt said:
He was shiny for 4 seasons when the Hawks had the best defense and top ten run game in the NFL. THEY made him look good. Fast forward.... the last two years having to earn his keep...not so good. Wilson was exposed along time ago. He is toast this season. Fan since 1976 longer than some of you been alive. I always want them to win but money and politics have this team up. :irishdrinkers:

Agree with much of what you are saying here particularly regarding how RW had the benefit of a world -class defense and running game at the beginning of his career. Since those two things are now gone he has struggled a lot more to win/lead the team to the playoffs. (Last season was a miserable outing)

Not ready to call him "toast" just yet. Hoping he can find a way to improve as a pocket QB given his speed is reduced and teams are so tuned in to his scrambling habits. (The old backwards spin thing that has cost us a ton of yards of late)

Hope you have some stuff left in the tank to take Drew Brees down a peg for not compensating for his miserable team over the years.

Look, RW could be much better. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. But let's put it out there that a QB, no matter how good they are, can compensate for a team that erodes over time. Ask yourself, if RW must be better, why must he be better? Because he has a 2nd contract? Because of all the defense that got paid, only ET remains and Wags remain? And remember, not even Saint Breesus can will a team to playoffs on his talent alone.

I think this is also a good time to invoke how efficient market hypothesis is bunk.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mrt144":3ttinbfz said:
semiahmoo":3ttinbfz said:
xray":3ttinbfz said:

Hope you have some stuff left in the tank to take Drew Brees down a peg for not compensating for his miserable team over the years.

Look, RW could be much better. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. But let's put it out there that a QB, no matter how good they are, can compensate for a team that erodes over time. Ask yourself, if RW must be better, why must he be better? Because he has a 2nd contract? Because of all the defense that got paid, only ET remains and Wags remain? And remember, not even Saint Breesus can will a team to playoffs on his talent alone.

I think this is also a good time to invoke how efficient market hypothesis is bunk.

-911565758fc2c4ac.JPG

chris98251

Reaction score
Jeez, can't wait for game two this season, two threads with mostly the same people arguing the same point.

Wilson has not Peaked he is in his prime years as a QB, he needs some more refinement and we have a guy here that can do it, he isn't slower but defenses are now getting smarter about contain and also looking at his habits of where he rolls and going to where he will be not where he is.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I'm personally getting sick of all the side gigs he does, playing with the "Yankees' and the #notimetosleep bullshit. You cant be doing that and go out on sunday and shit the bed. Hes not good enough to be pulling this crap

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RCATES":14w27rim said:
100% yes. He’s regressed badly and is terribly inconsistent.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seah ... ssion=true

Yet more proof the franchise isn't sold on Wilson's longer-term viability w/the team. This hesitation is most likely due to last season's hot/cold performances and general grumblings among players past and present that perhaps he's not the one to make a return to the SB happen.

Gonna have to kick my accuracy rate up to 98.27% to account for this latest media confirmation of things shared here months earlier.

chris98251

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1xmmc9rm said:
RCATES":1xmmc9rm said:

Yet more proof the franchise isn't sold on Wilson's longer-term viability w/the team. This hesitation is most likely due to last season's hot/cold performances and general grumblings among players past and present that perhaps he's not the one to make a return to the SB happen.

Gonna have to kick my accuracy rate up to 98.27% to account for this latest media confirmation of things shared here months earlier.

Proof? He is still under his contract, second looking at the current injury situation they have more then a few things they are dealing with, thirdly who is to say they have not been watching these other contracts to figure out a structure in house that would allow them to start making plans for negotiations.

Nice pat yourself and try to prop yourself up statement howver concerning things that you have nothing to prove any accuracy of however. You must strech regularly :)

mrt144

Reaction score
For real, the transparency of people wanting to be right about how wrong RW is for no other purpose than their own ego indulgence...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2s4fn5ku said:
mrt144":2s4fn5ku said:
semiahmoo":2s4fn5ku said:
xray":2s4fn5ku said:

-911565758fc2c4ac.JPG
How does the team get better if it has eroded when you are faced with paying the QB
a big chunck of the cap?I thought the point was to play for Titles and if that won't happen
what is the point of watching RW slow down the rebuild more than needed?
That picture is interesting ..Brees clearly has more height to work with.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
semiahmoo":fftt1lg7 said:
RCATES":fftt1lg7 said:

You're reading too much into this. Carroll will have signed his death warrant here in Seattle if he doesn't sign Wilson. Do I think he is 30 million/yr? Hell no. Does the team have any choice in the matter? Probably not. It's quite the pickle to be stuck in.

mrt144

Reaction score
IndyHawk":13tayuos said:
semiahmoo":13tayuos said:
mrt144":13tayuos said:
semiahmoo":13tayuos said:

-911565758fc2c4ac.JPG
How does the team get better if it has eroded when you are faced with paying the QB
a big chunck of the cap?I thought the point was to play for Titles and if that won't happen

RWs salary numbers dont explain nearly every FA and trade being bustos and the draft picks from 2015 onward also being bustos. 7 mil in salary to joeckle had infinite less utility than 7 mil to RW. Infinite. And thats just one example.

Y'all want to quibble over RWs salary hamstringing the team and yet the only plausible alternative is 3 years in the past and didnt happen vis a vis drafting his replacement.

Again, we almost universally want RW to be better but I think the context of how the FO bungled things along with untimely career ending injuries is a factor all the simplistic detractors ignore. To reiterate, if RW has to be better than contemporary QBs in the discussion for GOAT, that isnt something that just happens in isolation as you might imagine with Brees,thats a reflection of how piss poor the team is in its current state.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok, for arguments sake, say it's true we get 3 first rounders for Wilson, I don't think we will because we always get less for some reason, maybe 2 firsts and a third.

But now you have to have a team needing QB and have the draft capital, how many teams are there now that have that need, Bortles in Jacksonville may not be the answer, Tampa Bay may want to move on from Winston, Dolphins maybe, the list gets smaller fast, also how many of those have that draft capital and willing to part with it.

Now if your smart you have a target in the draft already, which QB coming out next year would we want and go all in to get.

*Shea Patterson – QB – Michigan
Drew Lock – QB – Missouri
*Jarrett Stidham – QB – Auburn
Clayton Thorson – QB – Northwestern
*Justin Herbert – QB – Oregon
Ryan Finley – QB – North Carolina State
*Will Grier – QB- West Virginia
Kelly Bryant – QB – Clemson
Nick Fitzgerald - QB - Mississippi St

Who jumps off the charts at you on this list, it's the top ranked ones to date.

Or are do you have him here already in Hundley or McGough.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3d7mh1g4 said:
semiahmoo":3d7mh1g4 said:
mrt144":3d7mh1g4 said:
semiahmoo":3d7mh1g4 said:

-911565758fc2c4ac.JPG

Yes, he does. I've stood next to both. Brees is taller. Don't care what the roster stat says.
I knew Wilson was on the short side but was stunned by how short he really is. I'm 6-foot and felt like I towered over him. Huge hands though. And seriously low center of gravity.

Brees is the better all around QB - no contest.

Wilson is the better all around athlete - no contest. That athleticism worked fine when the team scheme had the influence of an all time great defense and Beastmode.

Now? Not so much...

Latest posts