Shaquem could start Week 1...

HawkGA

Reaction score
FinNasty":1txyenmk said:
If you let him on the field... you’re going to have a hard time getting him off.

So to speak.

OP
OP
FinNasty

FinNasty

Reaction score
hawknation2018":jyuwafxf said:
How was he playing in coverage at UCF?

Here was him covering Temple's #1 WR last year at the 4:57 mark...

[youtube]tD_RiRSFGkw[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
hawknation2018":27klga09 said:
How was he playing in coverage at UCF?
He was fantastic. His second best trait behind getting to the QB IMO.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
If Wright can't start I am absolutely fine with this, considering that they are fixing to prepare Queem to replace KJ.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
As an aside, I feel like he is absolutely going to block a punt this season. He's been close at least twice already, and I know it's preseason, but it's gonna happen!

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I still think that Shaquem will be better as a situational player and not as a starter.

OP
OP
FinNasty

FinNasty

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2efwgbp9 said:
I still think that Shaquem will be better as a situational player and not as a starter.

Because of size? The hand? Why exactly?

pmedic920

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":li2lf17x said:

Fair opinion, I disagree but it’s fair.
Could you elaborate on the situations you speak of?

What situations is he suited for, which ones is he not?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
FinNasty":3wfexh7k said:
vigilantgrrl":3wfexh7k said:

Size and knowledge. Right now he's a bit of a bull in a CHna shop. Needs to refine his game a bit before he's starter material and then it's hard to know if he'll hold up to the pounding at his size.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2mmzc6kk said:
FinNasty":2mmzc6kk said:
vigilantgrrl":2mmzc6kk said:

Size and knowledge. Right now he's a bit of a bull in a CHna shop. Needs to refine his game a bit before he's starter material and then it's hard to know if he'll hold up to the pounding at his size.

I agree. I know hes a feel good story and everyone wants to see him succeed but, IMHO, he needs some more experience. I dont believe hes ready to be thrown to the wolves and still may be a bit of a liability. The kid is 100% all the time, which is good, but you also learn when and where with time.

xray

Reaction score
Yet another injury.....KJ Wright....according to Carroll he didn't feel 100% so he takes time off for some BS surgery....WTF is
wrong with the modern day NFL player???..In an interview with Mike Ditka not many years ago he was asked to assess the
Bigger Faster players and he said "Faster and Bigger but a bunch of Pussies" and making more money than ever! John Madden said along time ago that QB's and kickers should be wearing skirts ....LOL....kinda true for most of the players now days.

chris98251

Reaction score
Football players are like Horses, used to be you had a Morgan that would do everything and work all day never complain and enjoyed being busy and had a great disposition, now they are treated like Thoroughbreds, worth too much to chance a injury of any kind, will devalue them if hurt for breeding etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm OK if Shaquem starts, especially against a pretty mediocre Denver offense.

I'd much rather he face Devonte Booker and Case Keenum than a higher powered offense led by a good veteran QB that can take advantage of his inexperience and over excitement.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They put him out in coverage and space often.

His greatest value is getting to the QB and we don't even try it.

Disappointing. He was getting to the QB pretty effectively even against top-tier college players, and he has the speed and bend to do it against NFL talent. I know he can never be a guy that puts his hand in the dirt like Bruce Irvin, but it is somewhat weird they don't use him at one of the things that is literally his strength.

Not like we don't desperately need help rushing the QB or anything.

I like how he is played so far. He looks solid. But he could do a few things that are exceptional if they bothered to open the door a bit on letting him play to his strengths, ie staying near the line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":zhsosxyf said:

Disappointing. He was getting to the QB pretty effectively even against top-tier college players, and he has the speed and bend to do it against NFL talent. I know he can never be a guy that puts his hand in the dirt like Bruce Irvin, but it is somewhat weird they don't use him at one of the things that is literally his strength.

I like how he is played so far. He looks solid. But he could do a few things that are exceptional if they bothered to open the door a bit on letting him play to his strengths, ie staying near the line.

He blitzed quite a few times against the Colts, and if he starts believe me Norton and Pete will put that into the defensive scheme package...........especially against a QB like Keenam that will throw picks if he's under pressure.

You don't have a WIL with 4.38 speed and not take advantage of that.

If Griffin has problems, it'll be staying assignment sound out in coverage and staying in his run gaps. That's the kind of stuff that rookies make mistakes at.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24tgua8t said:
TwistedHusky":24tgua8t said:

He blitzed quite a few times against the Colts, and if he starts believe me Norton and Pete will put that into the defensive scheme package...........especially against a QB like Keenam that will throw picks if he's under pressure.

If Griffin has problems, it'll be staying assignment sound out in coverage and staying in his run gaps. That's the kind of stuff that rookies make mistakes at.

On that note, this is encouraging:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1034445420330708992[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2n4edehn said:
Sgt. Largent":2n4edehn said:
TwistedHusky":2n4edehn said:

On that note, this is encouraging:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1034445420330708992[/tweet]

Dude Griffin's football instincts are off the charts, and he's such a hard worker. I'm really excited to see what kind of football player he'll be, and frankly already is.

KJ's a great player, but IMO he's hit his ceiling. Griffin's ceiling is even higher with his size, speed, work ethic, attitude and football instincts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One thing I love about Griffin is he takes really good angles.

He did that all through college and for the most part, seems to be doing it here.

Latest posts