Shaun Alexander: Everybody's All-American

razor150

Reaction score
Sad that this became an Aexander vs Lynch thread. Lets just say Lynchis more consistant because of his tough running style, but when on Alexander could take over a game like Lynch only wished he could.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Bitter":1otf2oen said:
Seanhawk":1otf2oen said:
I loved Shaun and his vision with the football in his hand was second to none. It's too bad this thread will turn into a "he was soft", "anyone could run behind that o-line", "he faked the concussion", bash fest of a Seahawk great.

If those that hold SA as the Seahawk's God send at RB don't want to hear the opposite opinion they should stop posting threads about him every couple of months.

Anybody who says SA was the most gifted athlete the Seahawks ever had at running back would probably be correct.

That being said, Lynch is twice the football player that SA was anytime the play didn't include a shot at the endzone and because of that I would take Lynch over SA every day of the week and 5 times on Sunday.

Where in my post did I say he was the most gifted athlete the Seahawks ever had at RB? I didn't. And I wouldn't say that he was. I mentioned his vision.

I never said I wouldn't take Lynch over Alexander. I probably would 9 times out of 10. I never even mentioned Lynch. I'm capable of talking about one player without comparing him to everyone else.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
razor150":2e9h2h2u said:
Sad that this became an Aexander vs Lynch thread. Lets just say Lynchis more consistant because of his tough running style, but when on Alexander could take over a game like Lynch only wished he could.

I think the individual runs like Beast Quake (and there have been several like that) do more to "take over a game" then SA have big games running through holes the size of the Holland Tunnel ever did.

Seanhawk":2e9h2h2u said:
Where in my post did I say he was the most gifted athlete the Seahawks ever had at RB? I didn't. And I wouldn't say that he was. I mentioned his vision.

I never said I wouldn't take Lynch over Alexander. I probably would 9 times out of 10. I never even mentioned Lynch. I'm capable of talking about one player without comparing him to everyone else.

I quoted your post simply for the comment about too bad that it will turn into SA bashing thread. I personally think SA was the most gifted athlete (combination of physical and mental ability) which is why who he was as a football player (in my opinion) was a little disappointing.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ggqi01n said:
I loved Shaun and his vision with the football in his hand was second to none. It's too bad this thread will turn into a "he was soft", "anyone could run behind that o-line", "he faked the concussion", bash fest of a Seahawk great.

Forgot to mention "stabbed in the back"

kpak76

Reaction score
razor150":1y0qkpir said:
Sad that this became an Aexander vs Lynch thread. Lets just say Lynchis more consistant because of his tough running style, but when Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson could take over a game like Lynch only wished he could.

Fixed it for you.

kpak76

Reaction score
Sean was good. But in my eyes he will always be that soft runner that folded when someone came within 3 yards of contact from him. You put any of the other great Hawks RB behind and lets see how well they run. Maurice Morris had 100 yard games running behind that line should tell you all that you need to know right there.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Why don't we switch Largent and Baldwin. Think about how much better Steve would be with Russ throwing to him. :roll: :229031_banghead: He could then reclaim all the records Jerry took from him. :les:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
warden":16qn77h1 said:
4 of the top 6 playoff games by a running back for the Seahawks are held by Lynch.

When the going gets tough the tough get going. You just can rely on Lynch

Exactly...Also funny....Wilson only needs 1 more postseason win and he will have the same ammount Hasselbeck did in his ENTIRE CAREER

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3eb83vjf said:
Steve2222":3eb83vjf said:

This is definitely what I'll always associate with Shaun more than anything else.

The guy who's scored the 7th most rushing touchdowns in NFL history? We're still talking about that guy, right?

suppaball

Reaction score
drrew":5a47qntp said:
Sports Hernia":5a47qntp said:
I'll just say this, SA is one of the reasons I love Lynch so much!

Love Marshawn, but he can only wish in his dreams that he could do some of the things Shaun Alexander did.

266 yards in one game.
5 touchdowns in one half including an 80 yard reception.
All time team leader in rushing yards
Single season team leader in rushing yards
All time team leader in touchdowns
Single season team leader in touchdowns
6th in NFL history with most 100 yard games in one season
2nd in NFL history with most TD's in one season
7th in NFL in career rushing touchdowns

Marshawn might be the most exciting running back I've ever seen in a Seahawks uniform, but Shaun Alexander was the best the team has ever had.
I agree not to mention 5 years in a row of 1300+ rushing yards and 15+ TDs. First RB to do that love me some Alexander.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1fwv8nq5 said:
MidwestHawker":1fwv8nq5 said:
Steve2222":1fwv8nq5 said:

This is definitely what I'll always associate with Shaun more than anything else.

The guy who's scored the 7th most rushing touchdowns in NFL history? We're still talking about that guy, right?

He showed what he was truly capable of when the endzone was involved. Too bad he didn't feel the need to give the same effort on 3rd or 4th and short.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Bitter":36wnj0bi said:
Zebulon Dak":36wnj0bi said:
MidwestHawker":36wnj0bi said:
Steve2222":36wnj0bi said:

He showed what he was truly capable of when the endzone was involved. Too bad he didn't feel the need to give the same effort on 3rd or 4th and short.

If I told you that on 3rd and 3 or less Shaun converted 1st down 84% of the time would you believe me? Would it even matter?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well don't believe me. Because it's not true. But he did get a 1st down or score a TD about 75% of the time on 3rd and 3 or less and I'm pretty sure that ain't bad.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I feel like Alexander doesn't get enough credit. I think his smooth style made him look worse than he was. He was even better than I remembered after seeing some of his stats. Incredible talent. #1 in Seahawks history for me.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't even know if those stats makes him one of the best. I just know they seem at least efficient, probably better than that. They don't look like the stats of somebody who didn't give full effort on 3rd or 4th & short.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I will always love Alexander , for in 2002 he made me a Seahawk fan for life after destroying the Raiders for 266 on SNF. I Probably had about 10 Alexander jerseys . His Knack for the endzone was second to none.

Him and Beast mode couldn't be anymore different. I often wonder what Beast Mode would do behind Jones/Hutch but man Alexander was so nasty at cutbacks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":hp07e5c6 said:
I will always love Alexander , for in 2002 he made me a Seahawk fan for life after destroying the Raiders for 266 on SNF. I Probably had about 10 Alexander jerseys . His Knack for the endzone was second to none.

Him and Beast mode couldn't be anymore different. I often wonder what Beast Mode would do behind Jones/Hutch but man Alexander was so nasty at cutbacks.

That game Vs. The Raiders was my first I ever been too!!! Raider fans being jerks in the parking lot of Husky Stadium talking crap to me, I was only 14! My pops almost got in a fight with one, it was cray cray. Then we watched as Alexander just ran all over em as if they weren't even on the field.

Much love to Shaun, idc what many hindsighters gotta say about him, they were the same ones yelling "best running back in the league" all those years, but when you talk in hindsight you always sound smarter I guess.