Shaun Alexander: Everybody's All-American

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chawx":35z107gr said:
Marshawn's head would explode if he could run through some of the holes Jones, Hutch, and Mack Strong created for Alexander on that left-side. I have no doubt Shaun was great and he took full advantage of having some of the best blockers in the history of the game to help him rack up those Godly stats... but which dude was all 'bout that action and got us a ring? I loved Alexander as much as anyone, but Lynch is who I would pick to be the RB if I was to pick an "all-time" best Seahawks team.
It's this "Blocking by HOF's "No other Hawk rb had it made like SA..

Anthony!

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3c2xbgo6 said:
chawx":3c2xbgo6 said:
Marshawn's head would explode if he could run through some of the holes Jones, Hutch, and Mack Strong created for Alexander on that left-side. I have no doubt Shaun was great and he took full advantage of having some of the best blockers in the history of the game to help him rack up those Godly stats... but which dude was all 'bout that action and got us a ring? I loved Alexander as much as anyone, but Lynch is who I would pick to be the RB if I was to pick an "all-time" best Seahawks team.

Hmm since he had more yards running right then left who were the HOF on the right side again? Oh wait no one. I am not an alexander fan but I have come to appreciate him, especially once I saw the breakdown of his yards and how many came form the right side were we were at best avg.

Atradees

Reaction score
Alexander the Great was fast; very fast for his size. He did have great vision. He didn't always run behind Jones and Hutch.

If Alexander had Pete and John; he might be a champion.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I loved how Alexander took great advantage of the "beasts" that were blocking in front of him. The GREATEST and most dominant offensive left side in the history of the NFL. I will always love Shaun for being part of that dominance.
However, Lynch does it all on his own. He, alone, is the BEAST!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Anthony!":126bicql said:
IndyHawk":126bicql said:
chawx":126bicql said:

Hmm since he had more yards running right then left who were the HOF on the right side again? Oh wait no one. I am not an alexander fan but I have come to appreciate him, especially once I saw the breakdown of his yards and how many came form the right side were we were at best avg.
That whole offensive line from 2005 would dominate the lines that Lynch has had to run behind. Marshawn is just a BEAST!!!
The reason the 2014 team has a ring is mainly because of the D, Lynch, and a much better QB in DangeRuss.

Oline-2005>2013
RB-2013>2005
QB-2013>2005
D-2013>2005

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":erqsgv4z said:
Anthony!":erqsgv4z said:
IndyHawk":erqsgv4z said:
chawx":erqsgv4z said:

That whole offensive line from 2005 would dominate the lines that Lynch has had to run behind. Marshawn is just a BEAST!!!
The reason the 2014 team has a ring is mainly because of the D, Lynch, and a much better QB in DangeRuss.

Oline-2005>2013
RB-2013>2005
QB-2013>2005
D-2013>2005

Wow so much disrespect for SA and Hasselbeck. If we had the D from today on that team I say they don't get beat that year at all.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nbkh55j said:
I'll just say this, SA is one of the reasons I love Lynch so much!

Plus 1 to this.

I'm a huge SA fan if he doesn't have to run through contact or if he's running in the red zone.

Put Lynch on the 05 team and they still get to the dance. Put SA on this year's team, and with how many times Lynch was met in the backfield and kept the drive alive by getting to the LOS or better...don't see rings for the team if it's Shaun back there.

Shaun is my third fave behind Curt Warner and Beef Moe, with Beef Moe in first by a comfortable margin.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":lr9mdy4x said:
Wow so much disrespect for SA and Hasselbeck. If we had the D from today on that team I say they don't get beat that year at all.

To be fair, any team with the '13 D and the '05 O-line would be juggernaut.

Plug in Marshawn and Russell, and they're also probably 16-0.

warden

Reaction score
The biggest difference between 2005 and 2013 is coaching. We had a good coach in 2005, but in 2013, our coach is a great coach. It is mind boggling how well he develops players, changes schemes to get the most out of player skill sets and how his teams are always prepared.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Fair enough, but I will say that if the current squad had that OLine they would have been unbeaten the last two years.

Also, I loved the 2005 team. Alexander, Hass, Strong, Walt, Futch, Tobek, Grey, and Locklear(2005 was his only really good year). I love everything Hawks.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
warden":11wvk5m2 said:
The biggest difference between 2005 and 2013 is coaching. We had a good coach in 2005, but in 2013, our coach is a great coach. It is mind boggling how well he develops players, changes schemes to get the most out of player skill sets and how his teams are always prepared.

This is the biggest difference in coaching I see from Holmgren to Carroll.

Holmgren, from my perspective, expected square pegs to fit in round holes and wouldn't adapt now matter how much the situation dictated it. As long as he had exactly what he needed he was top of the pack. As soon as that was deviated from he quickly dropped to the middle.

Carroll, on the other hand, seems to have a solid idea of what he wants to do but is very good at adapting that to the players he has available to him.

I know a lot of my opinions make it sound like I didn't like those Seahawk teams around 2005. That couldn't be further from the truth. It was more that I found myself frustrated with some of the things they would do way more often then I should have been. And while I recognize we had a lot of good talent on those teams, in my opinion a lot of people couple that talent with the franchise's first real taste of that level of success and that elevates the memory of what those players did (again just my opinion.)