Shaun Alexander To Join Ring Of Honor

kidhawk

Reaction score

We all know that his final seasons here weren't what we might have wanted or expected, but for most of his time here, he was one of the best in the game. I'm thrilled to see him finally join the ROH. Ceremony to take place during the Cardinals game October 16

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have no strong feelings when it comes to the ROH.

IMO the more the merrier, any chance to celebrate past Hawks is awesome in my book. Also is cool to get Shaun back into the Hawk family, he's been kinda aloof since retirement about coming back and being a part of the Hawk family.

So that'll be cool to celebrate him.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Touchdowns.

37-112
80-101
24-66
28-62

2005 league MVP was a true weapon, Holmgren's ace in the hole.

Rat

Reaction score
His first half against the Vikings in primetime (I want to say 2002) was possibly my favorite memory as a Seahawks fan. I laughed so hard during that. Much deserved honor; I'm surprised to learn he wasnt in already.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
His first half against the Vikings in primetime (I want to say 2002) was possibly my favorite memory as a Seahawks fan. I laughed so hard during that. Much deserved honor; I'm surprised to learn he wasnt in already.

Yes, that game was definitely 2002. Still the only game my mom has ever been too. That first half was so one-sided it was ridiculous.

Reactions: Rat

chris98251

Reaction score
Well you kind of have to add him before you add Lynch, Sherman and the rest.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
One of the biggest no-brainer inductions. Absolutely deserved.

Peak Hasselbeck/Alexander era is still, in my opinion, the best our offense has ever been.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
One of the biggest no-brainer inductions. Absolutely deserved.

Peak Hasselbeck/Alexander era is still, in my opinion, the best our offense has ever been.

How I'd love to see another offensive line here as good as when we had Jones & Hutchinson etc opening holes as wide as a bus for Shaun. I do think our O-line has taken the right steps in this past draft by anchoring the Tackles.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
How I'd love to see another offensive line here as good as when we had Jones & Hutchinson etc opening holes as wide as a bus for Shaun. I do think our O-line has taken the right steps in this past draft by anchoring the Tackles.
Agreed, though Jones was kind of a once in a generation level talent so you can't really count on landing a guy like that easily.

Our young guys on OL are looking good, though.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Agreed, though Jones was kind of a once in a generation level talent so you can't really count on landing a guy like that easily.

Our young guys on OL are looking good, though.

Not to stray too far off topic, but I agree, Jones was a special player. I doubt we ever see anyone repeat what he gave us here, but I can see Cross getting close enough to give us a chance to make an overall O-line that is just as good as a whole. We aren't there yet but I feel reason to be hopeful

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Deserves it for sure. I thought he was already there.
THIS.

I never had a problem with him. I saw the decline and the business decisions he made at the end.

BUT 2005 was my first year as a Hawk fan (or NFL fan). To see him set the TD season record was amazing. In large part it was what MADE ME a Hawk fan. You can quibble about his Oline and how it stacks up to now/etc - but it was a thing of beauty to watch at the time. He always made it seem effortless at the peak - and yayaya, I get it, the Oline.

Thank you SA. Good on him.