Sidney Rice catch

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Amazing catch getting his feet down. I wish Wilson had seen him on his long run. Rice was 10 yards behind the corner

Bomgoat

Reaction score
Was a great catch...Seahawks need to somehow get the ball in his hands more.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
He was so wide open on that play where Russ scrambled up the middle that it was crazy. He must have had 20 yards on his man right over the top. Too bad Russ didn't see that one. Sid had his hands out like "How much more open can I get?!"

captSE

Reaction score
Never watched the replay but my first thought was he was near the line of scrimmage line when he passed and might have thought he had no choice other than to run....not sure if that was the case though.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Nope, Sidney broke free while Russ was still in the pocket.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'm just saying it would have been a sure TD. I'm not griping at the play Russ made. It was just cool to see Sid so wide open. He's got the speed. Next week if it happens Russ will see it and make the Falcons pay. I guarantee that. We'll see how it plays out. But he was most definitely getting open. The field sucked, the line was getting beat, it was a hard angle to see Sidney as Russ hadn't rolled to the right, he was in the pocket. I get it. If it had been the first read I think he'd have nailed him for a TD and put the game away earlier.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
How many of us, a couple of years ago, bitched at Houshyourmama when he would throw his hands in the air and sulk the way Rice did today on that long run of Wilson's? At least that's the only time I saw Rice do it. But I sure hope it doesn't happen again.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":xdv9og2n said:
How many of us, a couple of years ago, bitched at Houshyourmama when he would throw his hands in the air and sulk the way Rice did today on that long run of Wilson's? At least that's the only time I saw Rice do it. But I sure hope it doesn't happen again.

Rice is entitled to gripe every now and then because he gives all of himself to the team. He has caught balls over the middle and been drilled and not let go, and made some spectacular catches (like the sideline one today and the TD against the Bears). Housh never did anything to warrant griping. He was slow as molasses and dropped everything. Also, Housh would pout over on the sideline after the play while Rice only had his hands out in frustration during the play, not after he realized how successful DangeRuss's run was.

Galen96

Reaction score
That's just blatantly incorrect. Housh made VERY tough contested catches, but the coaching staff didn't like the attitude he had

mikeak

Reaction score
RW will watch film an then apologize to Rice. Gripe on that was justified. Ironic on one of the dropped passes RW could have picked up as much running but passé and it was dropped....

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I don't feel like we have any "me" players on our team. Being frustrated at the time of the play, fine, no problem. Carry it over, and I ain't cool with you. Team game, wins are all that matters. Period.