Sidney Rice news!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
All players and Staff who were a part of the team at any point can get a ring. Especially if you are on IR and PS you get a ring as part of the "roster".

But the team can even give rings to players who are no longer on the team at all since they helped the team get to the SuperBowl during the year.

I know it might not be the same, but in baseball I remember one year one of the Molina brothers was going to get a ring no matter who won the World Series because he had played for both teams that year. They were talking about it during the broadcast that win or lose, he would get a ring. Pretty cool.

dbmack

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3kdm0cza said:
hawker84":3kdm0cza said:
So for us at work who can't see the attachment, what's the news?

He was in a pic wearing a shirt with a seahawk emblem on it. :icon_new:
Not in pads or anything, but in a weight room.
Good day to you.
:thirishdrinkers:
Go Seahawks.

And a tweet....21 days out from acl surgery and in a weight vest.
It is actually a short video of him doing step ups and lifting weights, not just a picture.

http://instagram.com/p/hMKIEMDYDJ/

rideaducati

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":37n6q8dy said:
MidwestHawker":37n6q8dy said:
Jiggy":37n6q8dy said:
This made me think. When the Seahawks win it all this year, do guys like Sid get a ring too? I wonder what the rules are.

I'm pretty sure that yes, anyone who spent even one game on the active roster gets a ring. Certainly part of the reason I'm glad that Mike Rob is back in the fold, since it would feel like a crime for him to not get a ring WHEN we finally broke through with this squad that is largely an extension of last year's.

Yes, WHEN the Hawks win the championship, Sid will get a ring just like any other player, coach or even certain employees associated with the team.

What's with the "if"? I fixed it for you guys.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
He was up here in Vancouver last week clubbing, my buddy got a few pics with him. I guess his Doctor told him a steady diet of Canadian white girls should get that knee back in tip top form

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3s2cx676 said:
He was up here in Vancouver last week clubbing, my buddy got a few pics with him. I guess his Doctor told him a steady diet of Canadian white girls should get that knee back in tip top form

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":5u3tik35 said:
I know everyone wants to throw Browner and Thurmond under the bus for weed but is also very possible it was for pain medication. It seems so much more likely to me, guys are trying to play through pain or recover from injury and get addicted to pills or taking them behind team doctors backs.

Please tell me you are kidding.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Purely speculattive on my part, but I think Rice is literally screaming "I want to be part of this team for the long haul." I wouldn't be surprised to see a re-working of his contract and perhaps an extension in the process for a net huge reduction in his salary.

I've been down on Rice, but he's a really talented player and strikes me as a very good teammate. He's already made a ton of money and seems like a guy who has his head on straight aka hasn't blown all his money (who knows, he might have). I am really hoping he's open to restructure because not only do I want him on the team going forward, but I think it would set a massive precedent within the locker room of being unselfish and wanting to be a part of something greater than the individual.

I think we might see ET, Sherman and RW do the same when it comes extension time. The only reason I say this is that these guys really, really care about football. Football nerds if you will. Sometimes a huge legacy brings you bigger $ down the road than one big payout in free agency.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Best of luck to Sidney whatever happens. He may not have always given us the best return on our investment, but he played hard whenever he could and made some big plays for us over the years.

mikeak

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":13mttxyx said:
MidwestHawker":13mttxyx said:
Jiggy":13mttxyx said:
This made me think. When the Seahawks win it all this year, do guys like Sid get a ring too? I wonder what the rules are.

I'm pretty sure that yes, anyone who spent even one game on the active roster gets a ring. Certainly part of the reason I'm glad that Mike Rob is back in the fold, since it would feel like a crime for him to not get a ring if we finally broke through with this squad that is largely an extension of last year's.

Yes, if the Hawks win the championship, Sid will get a ring just like any other player, coach or even certain employees associated with the team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1swo2rqn said:
No. There are countless plays who get addicted to pills.

Off topic but I don't remember ever hearing about a guy getting suspended for taking Advil, Tylenol, or Aleve. You have pain, take something that won't get u banned.

Terrible excuse Wenhawk. Don't try to justify what they did.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If you could retain Rice on something like a $2 million deal (more or less), how do you say no? I'd want him back. That would put Baldwin, Kearse and Rice in "prove it" years for 2014 (assuming SEA resigns Baldwin as a RFA). That's going to be a motivated group. Could end up being a steal if he gets his knee right.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
FargoHawk":20yup0h4 said:
Wenhawk":20yup0h4 said:

Off topic but I don't remember ever hearing about a guy getting suspended for taking Advil, Tylenol, or Aleve. You have pain, take something that won't get u banned.

He is referring to oxicodone and a couple others known to be addicting. Totally off topic though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tylenol 3 has codiene in it.

Rice may come back for a discount, in the leagues eyes he's damaged goods, we could certainly use him and he knows what playing here on a winner versus a losing team is like. Other teams may offer more but this group and winning at this stage of Rices career may have a edge over a few doollars since he already has a big payday.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
My prediction. Rice stays at a discount. He has a few business's in the Sound.

Baldwin stays

Tate goes.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yn4109w said:
Jiggy":2yn4109w said:
Yes. I think it's up to the descretion of the team, but if you played a down in the regular season you are probably getting a ring. I know during SF's Super Bowl years (at least one of them) the cheerleaders got rings.
You saw that on the pawn shop show...admit it

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the knee he had operated on is the same knee that was a nagging problem for him? If that problem was cleaned up as well,
it's possible he could get back to better shape than we saw all this season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FargoHawk":3fqs9wzw said:
Wenhawk":3fqs9wzw said:

What he "did?" This is all based off of his earlier, speculative post. Take a chill pill. On top of that, he's free to opine on the subject.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1e9yq3ye said:
My prediction. Rice stays at a discount. He has a few business's in the Sound.

Baldwin stays

Tate goes.

no way man. Golden Tate for LIFE! Future ring of honor resident!

I can see Seattle being the perfect place for a guy like Sid; a fantastic athleate with several nagging injuries. He's going to be spending a lot of time with the trainers and a lot of time in the weight room and the various hot/cold tubs rehabbing some nagging injury or another, so the quality of the training facility will be a HUGE selling point. I can't see Sid, who has spent the past few years in the Shangri La of training facilities, leaving town for someplace like Cleveland or Cincinatti or wherever with dumpy facilities for a few extra bucks.

That was one thing that stuck out for me when Moffitt co-hosted Bob & Groz the other day; the culture shock he had going from the VMAC to the somewhat dumpy run of the mill facilities Denver has. Sid's already got paid, he's not going to get another moster payday like that anywhere else, so he's going to have some relatively pedestrian contracts to choose from. Aside from coming back home to his fam and a winning team, VMAC could be the deciding factor for him.

Damn that place was money well spent... Thank you Mr. Allen! :)