Sidney Rice signs 1-year deal

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smellyman":238tdxhu said:
Natethegreat":238tdxhu said:
Sidney Rice is the Franklin Gutierrez of the Seahawks. Everyones excited to see him here and what he would be like if healthy but he never makes it through a year. This really doesn't excite me much.

Franklin has Ankylosing Spondylitis as do I. I was hurting forever too. When you are finally diagnosed it is good and bad. Good news is you know why you were in pain for 10 years and can treat it. Bad news is you have an auto immune disease. :(

Like 23 million Americans have some autoimmune disease or another. Mostly women and / or the obese. Eat right, sleep right and exercise.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":11dq0ovd said:
Cartire":11dq0ovd said:
Natethegreat":11dq0ovd said:
Sidney Rice is the Franklin Gutierrez of the Seahawks. Everyones excited to see him here and what he would be like if healthy but he never makes it through a year. This really doesn't excite me much.

So were just pretending like 2012 didn't happen. Got it.

He's also missed 15 games in 3 years due to injury, and those knees aren't in the best of shape. I love Sid, but banking on him to be completely healthy and his old self is a risky proposition.
Wait, he only missed 1/3 of the games since he's been here? From the sounds of some of the posters here, he only played in three games since he's been here.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":20roxu3d said:
Polaris":20roxu3d said:
If I understand the terms of the deal correctly, our F.O. isn't counting on him to be completely healthy. This is essentially a 1yr minimum "prove it" deal, and if Rice doesn't pan out, the 'hawks lose very little. OTOH, if he does have some of his 2012 form left and can stay out of the training room, it's a steal of a deal.

Large upside with almost no downside. I like it.

It becomes a bad deal IMO if they feel content with their WR corps and pass on drafting a WR early though. This is the best class for WR's in a long time.. not drafting one in the first 64 picks would be a mistake.

Bah. It's only the best because that's the story line. With the exception of a few each year, you never know what your gonna get from these kids. 1st-2nd rounders bust out. UDFAs become strong starters. I'll wait till the highly paid front offices make the picks and coach up the kids before I start fretting over a supposed missed opportunity in the first 2 rounds.

I would not be mad if we went OL with our first 2 picks. Or OL and DL.

If we go WR that early, the kids better be a stud instantly.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkWow":2fpze8ii said:
Smellyman":2fpze8ii said:
Natethegreat":2fpze8ii said:

Franklin has Ankylosing Spondylitis as do I. I was hurting forever too. When you are finally diagnosed it is good and bad. Good news is you know why you were in pain for 10 years and can treat it. Bad news is you have an auto immune disease. :(

Like 23 million Americans have some autoimmune disease or another. Mostly women and / or the obese. Eat right, sleep right and exercise.

good to know. I will try this so my spine doesn't fuse together and in less pain.

thanks for the tip.

/sarcasm

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1m27e8vr said:
Cartire":1m27e8vr said:
Natethegreat":1m27e8vr said:

He's also missed 15 games in 3 years due to injury, and those knees aren't in the best of shape. I love Sid, but banking on him to be completely healthy and his old self is a risky proposition.

And Minnesota banking on Adrian Peterson to be completely healthy and his old self was a risky proposition in 2012.

theascension

Reaction score
At least on paper our offense is starting to look damned scary.
1. Percy
2. Baldwin
2.5 Sidney
3. Kearse

But we also have Luke Willson who had a steller rookie year and seems like he could become a great endzone target, Zach isn't so shabby either. Bowie and Bailey were starting to play some really good ball at the end of the year. I'm thinking all we need is to go OT heavy the first couple rounds of the draft (unless a great talent shows up in the first round) and draft some late round WR or find another Baldwin undrafted receiver.
This team could be scary good, even with a tough schedule I see 14-2 right now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smellyman":1x31yhe8 said:
HawkWow":1x31yhe8 said:
Smellyman":1x31yhe8 said:
Natethegreat":1x31yhe8 said:

good to know. I will try this so my spine doesn't fuse together and in less pain.

thanks for the tip.

/sarcasm

Add some yoga.

seahawks08

Reaction score
One of my favorite player, skill wise and personality wise. The chicago game, the Patriot game, the Jaguars, 49er at Clink and the Arizona game. Even if he is not thrown to, it is not because he was not capable of, RW was still growing. I am sure he will be a great asset specially in our tough division.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Smellyman":1tnqmw02 said:
HawkWow":1tnqmw02 said:
Smellyman":1tnqmw02 said:
Natethegreat":1tnqmw02 said:

thanks for the tip.

/sarcasm

It's HawkWow. If you respond, he just says progressively more ridiculous stuff.

Good luck with managing your illness.

theascension

Reaction score
Spiderdan":1f30emhz said:
Hasselbeck":1f30emhz said:
Cartire":1f30emhz said:
Natethegreat":1f30emhz said:

And Minnesota banking on Adrian Peterson to be completely healthy and his old self was a risky proposition in 2012.

As was Denver on Peyton Manning....
Football is a risky business but you have to believe Pete sees great progress in Rice's workouts and lets be honest it's great he's come back for a reduced salary... hopefully he can pay dividends on some of his past salary he hasn't entirely fulfilled.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkWow":21dydzwx said:

It's HawkWow. If you respond, he just says progressively more ridiculous stuff.

Good luck with managing your illness.[/quote]

Yeah...because advising exercise and proper nutrition is way more ridiculous than wishing someone "luck". Run along now.

King Dog

Reaction score
Tical21":3fkk4246 said:
If this takes Kearse off the field, I'll be a little irritated. Hopefully this is more Percy insurance than anything. I'm still a little bummed that Rice stole so much money for next to zero production, and we still decided to pay him even more money, but I'll live.

Would be cool though if between Harvin and Rice we got 19 games next season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
King Dog":2e8ggya0 said:
Tical21":2e8ggya0 said:
If this takes Kearse off the field, I'll be a little irritated. Hopefully this is more Percy insurance than anything. I'm still a little bummed that Rice stole so much money for next to zero production, and we still decided to pay him even more money, but I'll live.

Would be cool though if between Harvin and Rice we got 19 games next season.
I see what you did there.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Spiderdan":1b2j55lh said:

That was Peterson's first major injury, he doesn't have anywhere near the injury history that Sidney Rice has.

Again, I hope he's healthy.. my main concern is if this changes what we planned on doing in the draft.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":3ez5o9f4 said:
If we go WR that early, the kids better be a stud instantly.

Golden Tate was a 2nd round pick and took a bit to shine. So.. no.. they don't have to be a stud "instantly"

byau

Reaction score
Happy Happy Happy! If he is healthy he is awesome. If he isn't, he can be a great influence on whatever WR's we have by being a leader off the field. He's shown that character.

Yeah!

JKent82

Reaction score
Sweet. Sidney's awesome. + Draft flexibility. Hugely important in my opinion.

Latest posts