Silver Linings...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":nkfc9fpp said:
Wilson has most of his limbs intact.
Clark played well.
Baldwin was tough-especially the final drive.
McEvoy made another impact play.

I don't see how this Oline will exactly improve though. Looks like it will consistently suck all year.
I disagree. I think they're getting better with Britt and Efidi upside and playing together upside.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great thread. Props to the OP. I agree on most of your points. Not sure about the OLine. While you are right that it will likely improve, I'm not sure it will get to where we need it to be to win a SB. I wouldn't hold my breath with Rawls. Even if he comes back, hard to say how effective he will be. And I sure hope you are right about Russell, might be hard to get healthier without a bye for the remainder of the regular season.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Wilson had no tape on his ankles.

This defense, still not 100% from last week, played out of their skins again. Yes, they wore down toward the end, but some of the play was downright astonishing.

AZ lost.

You're not a Browns fan.

ivotuk

Reaction score
cymatica":13s37c2p said:
1. Bevell might call a good gameplan to save his job

2. Pete and co will hopefully call out the officiating causing them to call the games evenly

3. I find something more productive to do on sundays

I've got some projects around the house that I've been putting off, working on them now and that will give me some feeling of accomplishment.

I HAVE to do something to deal with the frustration, anger, pain. I could see football being the cause of some men's deaths. Via heart attack mostly, maybe some through depression.

If we could only get Russell Wilson healthy...

Jville

Reaction score
How about them rookies, here is the video link on the Tanner McEnvoy to C.J. Prosise pass play >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com///SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/10-October/161030_LRS_TrickPay-3200k.mp4[/urltargetblank]

Seafan

Reaction score
Jon Ryan mishandled the snap. It wasn't a bad snap.

The defense is being forced to stay on the field too long. The problem is 3rd downs and the 3rd down play calls or execution of calls by RW. The young OL penalties have also killed drives but RW is not his normal self. This offense needs him to play at an elite level and he's incapable of doing that right now. I don't know how he walks with that huge brace on let alone try to run.

Getting Kam and Bennett back is really important. It could be a couple weeks or more for Bennett.

I usually don't attack the officiating but today it was obviously bad and it had an impact on the game. Not one insignificant play but multiple blatantly bad calls. I despise Pereira but even he called them out.

Hopefully the team stays together and weathers this injury storm.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Jville":3ib54ytb said:
Brock Coyle was given a number of snaps on defense today including some pass rush opportunities. That's a good thing since he had only seen one snap on defense prior to today. Good to see him in there.
Why is that good he's barely serviceable

Jville

Reaction score
HawkerD":2kbzm2as said:
Jville":2kbzm2as said:
Brock Coyle was given a number of snaps on defense today including some pass rush opportunities. That's a good thing since he had only seen one snap on defense prior to today. Good to see him in there.
Why is that good he's barely serviceable

My statement addresses your question. You'll need to work on that from your end.

You also might consider working on the meaning of this threads subject .... "Silver Linings"

Good luck.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Today was a road 10 am game in a hard place to play and we were playing with a ton of injuries. If our field goal connected earlier then we are likely kicking a FG at the end to win the game. If any of the penalties had gone the other way then the Saints probably end up with one fewer TD and we win the game. Every loss sucks in the NFL but there are lots of silver linings here if you can keep your perspective straight.

The 2013 season was not an easy stroll through the Super Bowl. We had very narrow escapes vs. TB, @CAR, @HOU, @STL and then lost to SF, STL and IND. The Saints playoff game was close until the final Lynch TD at the end of the game and I'd hope most people remember how close the championship game was against the 49ers. However, because we blew out the Broncos in the Super Bowl a bunch of fans only remember that and assume anytime we struggle in a game we must no longer be championship contenders and it's a reason to panic.

A close loss in the NFL does not mean your team sucks and we're still in the driver's seat of the NFC West.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Jville":39anddqf said:
How about them rookies, here is the video link on the Tanner McEnvoy to C.J. Prosise pass play >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com///SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/10-October/161030_LRS_TrickPay-3200k.mp4[/urltargetblank]
Like Tanner says, the only way it could have been better would be if he had hit CJ in stride better - that would for sure have been a TD.

When hearing that they'd been practicing that play it makes me wonder if they will use Tanner more frequently as a sometimes-passer. It was well-blocked in front of Tanner, well thrown by him, well run by CJ too, it worked beautifully.

Jville

Reaction score
Well well well .... the snap counts have been posted. And, look at Brock Coyle's numbers. He logged 34 snaps (45% of defensive snaps) at outside linebacker. Big opportunity for him to get reacquainted with game action within the defensive unit. And, a productive exercise for the coaching staff take a long look and gather lots of useful information. Useful silver lining. :2thumbs:

Iron Man McCray led the way once again with 84 total snaps.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/793076919780515840[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
I thought Coyle did pretty good considering his lack of snaps all year. Just proved the loss of Irvin was bigger than most thought, especially with Morgan out for the year and Bennett out, forcing Marsh into LB/DE role.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hmm, those are interesting snap counts. Jeremy Lane is making a lot of money for only playing 57% of snaps.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seafan":2p54cmdr said:
Jon Ryan mishandled the snap. It wasn't a bad snap.

The defense is being forced to stay on the field too long. The problem is 3rd downs and the 3rd down play calls or execution of calls by RW. The young OL penalties have also killed drives but RW is not his normal self. This offense needs him to play at an elite level and he's incapable of doing that right now. I don't know how he walks with that huge brace on let alone try to run.

Getting Kam and Bennett back is really important. It could be a couple weeks or more for Bennett.

I usually don't attack the officiating but today it was obviously bad and it had an impact on the game. Not one insignificant play but multiple blatantly bad calls. I despise Pereira but even he called them out.

Hopefully the team stays together and weathers this injury storm.

I've been watching a few other games and I listen to what Pereira has been saying. Listen, I couldn't stand the guy either after XL* because his narrative was to deny everything and protect the league. Now he's not getting a paycheck from the NFL and he's pretty honest about bad and good calls.

He's worth a listen to now because he's a lot more honest than he was allowed to be under the NFL. It also goes to show that the NFL knows there's a problem, but just like concussions is denying it.