Silver Linings...

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3q3mhesd said:
Jville":3q3mhesd said:
How about them rookies, here is the video link on the Tanner McEnvoy to C.J. Prosise pass play >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com///SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/10-October/161030_LRS_TrickPay-3200k.mp4[/urltargetblank]
Like Tanner says, the only way it could have been better would be if he had hit CJ in stride better - that would for sure have been a TD.

When hearing that they'd been practicing that play it makes me wonder if they will use Tanner more frequently as a sometimes-passer. It was well-blocked in front of Tanner, well thrown by him, well run by CJ too, it worked beautifully.
It's a trick play. If you use it too often, it will stop working. ;)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":3e7gn6i6 said:
LeftHandSmoke":3e7gn6i6 said:
Jville":3e7gn6i6 said:
How about them rookies, here is the video link on the Tanner McEnvoy to C.J. Prosise pass play >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com///SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/10-October/161030_LRS_TrickPay-3200k.mp4[/urltargetblank]
Like Tanner says, the only way it could have been better would be if he had hit CJ in stride better - that would for sure have been a TD.

When hearing that they'd been practicing that play it makes me wonder if they will use Tanner more frequently as a sometimes-passer. It was well-blocked in front of Tanner, well thrown by him, well run by CJ too, it worked beautifully.
For sure, it worked because of the surprise.

But it's fun to have a WR who can throw like that, another 'silver lining' from the game.

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":353b1ab2 said:
sutz":353b1ab2 said:
LeftHandSmoke":353b1ab2 said:
Jville":353b1ab2 said:

For sure, it worked because of the surprise.

But it's fun to have a WR who can throw like that, another 'silver lining' from the game.
And in the larger sense, defenses going forward will have this in the back of their minds every time we go to a WR bubble screen. That may help loosen some things up, even if we never do it again. It's kind of like the fake punt. Once you do it, it might be less effective going forward, except that opponents will have to account for it in prep.

Jville

Reaction score
They got C.J. Prosise more involved ...... "silver lining". More experience and more information to work with.

He saw 23 snaps representing 43% of the offensive snaps this week. An increase over the 16 snaps representing 25% participation in the offensive last week.

Looking forward to seeing where the integration of Prosise takes the offense.

Also ....
“The explosive plays just aren’t happening,” Carroll said. “Those numbers are down. We really have typically been a very explosive team, and we’re not getting those plays, so the field isn’t shifting.”

Carroll sees his offense turning things around in the near future, especially as Wilson gets healthier: “I think we’re going to turn here. In the next couple of weeks, you’re going to see something really shift. I’m really excited about it. We may have been fortunate to be as far along as we are right now. With everybody coming back together—Russell really will be at his very best. I don’t know that he’s 100 percent, but he’ll be at his very best. He looked good yesterday. He had a great naked (bootleg) that he ran to the left, which is the best he has looked on the run throwing, and he hit a great shot there. I think you’re going to see some things happen that will help us get a little bit better here. I’m really looking for the turn here.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/31/five-things-we-learned-seahawks-coach-pete-carroll%E2%80%99s-appearance-710-espn-seattle[/urltargetblank]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
During the preseason, there were 2 glaring issues that I thought would carry into the regular season.

1 - We simply could not score TDs, even with our 1s.

2 - Our 1s really struggled to get any pressure or push on defense.

That assessment of the defense was no even close to correct. Not only are we getting some push, but I think we are getting sacks at a record pace. (Too bad #2 was completely correct and probably going to squander this defense)

It looked like our defense was a shell of itself. Since that was our route to winning, I was disturbed. The better description was apoplectic. But based on the #s and results so far (especially considering the complete lack of contribution to winning by the offense and the sheer amount we shovel the responsibility to win/lose games on our defense - the defense is really solid.

I was dead wrong on that. Dead wrong. This is a solid defense, and we had little way of knowing that before yesterday. Because before yesterday we really did not put our defense up against a good or great offense that could test them.

If you want a silver lining, we went up against the #2 offense in the league, even on the goal line multiple times and held them to FGs.

Until this point, the defense looking great might have been a product of our craptacular schedule. But against the Saints in their home at 10am after a travel, adding in the 5+-quarters we damn near ran our defense into the ground on the game before? The defense is the only glue keeping us from being even with the Browns at this point.

So I suppose the Silver Lining is we know the defense we saw in the preseason isn't the one we come to the real games with.

Jville

Reaction score
Many many of us felt very positive about this defense going into the 2016. It's good to have a healthy feel for the Seahawk program ..... a silver lining for positive fans tuned into the program.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seattle/Arizona game was so brutal that the team was set up for a letdown. Yet the Hawks were still competitive and one play away from a win.

We saw what happened to Arizona during their hangover.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/793501128734367745[/tweet]

More to come ........... in turning the corner.

RCATES

Reaction score
Yes we're currently the #3 seed and are leading and have a great shot at winning the division.

My concern is still the offensive line and Wilson's health moving forward because of it.

Also the toll its beginning to have on our defensive players. Guys are dropping left and right and will continue to do so if the time of possession is as lop sided as its been the past few weeks.

Health wise on both sides of the ball we will not be in good position to make a playoff run if our offense continue's to struggle.

Its Super Bowl or bust. Still holding out hope this team makes a trade in the next two hours. I doubt it though. Our FO's arrogance on producing a capable O-line out of scrubs will be this teams demise yet another year.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^^
This is not a doom and gloom thread. Much of the forum is already suffocating under that pandemic. :141847_bnono:

This is the Silver Linings thread ........ please wipe your feet and leave that pessimism at the door.