Sit RW? The Roethlisburger argument

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine who is a long time steeler fan (forgive me, at least his families from Pitt). He asked me why we haven't sat RW down for a few games. His argument was that RW has the same/similar MCL sprain as roethlisburger.

It's a great point. Even if they are not identical injuries, pitt's strategy is to heal roethlisburger so that he is healthy(er) down the stretch/playoffs.

If RW has a similar MCL sprain and additional high ankle sprain and pec injuries, why not concede 3-6 weeks so he's healthy down the stretch/playoffs (hopefully)? We have a 1.5 game lead in the division and have easier games (including 2 afc games after this one) the next 6 weeks before we have a critical end of the year.

Thoughts?

mikeak

Reaction score
Landry Jones has been on the bench in that system for three years before this season with occasional games. He played in 7 games last year and while nothing impressive he is a "known commodity"
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... ndry-jones

Our backup is a rookie that is very much unknown on how he will handle himself. Plus Roethlisburger has in past years played through injuries so every injury is different and you have to look at it and see if you get a better product with that guy on the field than without and what are the risks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If they didn't sit Russ for the Jets game, they're not going to sit him now. If he can play, he will play. That much has been proven this season.

Optimus25

Reaction score
If you told Russell Wilson you were going to sit him i think in all seriousness that he would ambush boykin in the tunnel, take his jersey, and proceed to throw for 300 and 2 scores.

Ain't happening till he's literally in a wheelchair.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
might be a smart idea if he is more banged up with yet another injury...if he goes down there will be a lot of hindsight here...Put Boyking in for a game...even if its a loss it might be better in the long run..as in the playoff run.