Skins/Vikings to interview Bevell

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":kmn93yvr said:
Think they should wait for the entire season to end before starting interviews, they have jobs to do and it will be a big distraction I think.

I think it was a distraction for Bradley last year. Our D looked terrible at the beginning of both playoff games. I chalk it up to poor game plans.

It is impossible to focus entirely on your job when you are also preparing for the biggest interview(s) of your life. And if you have one foot out the door looking to the future, you won;t be giving your current job 100%.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2see6bo2 said:
TorontoHawk":2see6bo2 said:
Think they should wait for the entire season to end before starting interviews, they have jobs to do and it will be a big distraction I think.

I think it was a distraction for Bradley last year. Our D looked terrible at the beginning of both playoff games. I chalk it up to poor game plans.

It is impossible to focus entirely on your job when you are also preparing for the biggest interview(s) of your life. And if you have one foot out the door looking to the future, you won;t be giving your current job 100%.
Which is why I believe the NFL should not allow any interviews/hirings for coaching replacements until after the Super Bowl. They are talking about moving the draft back to mid-May and that would allow plenty of time to get new coaches in place before FA and the draft.

djb28

Reaction score
Please delete all Fire Bevel posts. We do not want other teams coming here and learning the truth!

McGruff

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1k1qvkfc said:
Sturm":1k1qvkfc said:
I don't get why they think Bevell is head coaching material.

Probably because his team just had 13-3 and 11-5 playoff seasons.

While developing one of the beat yang QB's in the league . . .

Seriously, for supposedly the best fans in the NFL, we are probably the worst at being hateful towards our own team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bevell is considered a great coordinator around the NFL by analysts and front offices around the NFL who are paid for objective analysis. They had a top-10 offense by every metric. Seattle is also arguably the best offense in the NFL that isn't run by an offensive HC or Peyton Manning. Only Cincinatti could claim to be better, but they played weaker defenses this year.

Don't let facts get in the way, though. If you disagree, feel free to name better coordinators who aren't simply running their HC's system.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10vtgs34 said:
Sturm":10vtgs34 said:

Not like we have the #1 defense in the league or anything ;)

Exittium

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2lv8jzj8 said:
MontanaHawk05":2lv8jzj8 said:
Sturm":2lv8jzj8 said:

That and.. well its more Pete's team then Bevell's

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3e5svqzh said:
MontanaHawk05":3e5svqzh said:
Sturm":3e5svqzh said:

Of course that was part of it. But if you actually watched the games, we had some brilliant offensive performances that weren't won by defense foremost. Arizona and New Orleans come to mind.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I have faith in PC & JS to find a suitable replacement should he opt for a HC job.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1kj2ii1p said:
Bevell is considered a great coordinator around the NFL by analysts and front offices around the NFL who are paid for objective analysis. They had a top-10 offense by every metric. Seattle is also arguably the best offense in the NFL that isn't run by an offensive HC or Peyton Manning. Only Cincinatti could claim to be better, but they played weaker defenses this year.

Don't let facts get in the way, though. If you disagree, feel free to name better coordinators who aren't simply running their HC's system.

Where did we rank when we had TJack in?

Russell and marshawn have made bevell, not the other way around.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1f7wjr4o said:
DavidSeven":1f7wjr4o said:

Oh, but that was all TJ!'s fault, remember?

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":e8k22mt2 said:
DavidSeven":e8k22mt2 said:

We are 13-3 though. That's like, proof. Of everything.

chris98251

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Breaking News, Steve Sarkisian leaves USC for Seahawks to replace Bevell.
:sarcasm_off:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sturm":297t9jw2 said:
Shhhhhhhh! The Vikes need to think he is good, just need them to remember he put up 30+ on them this year. If they ask me I'll give them a glowing review. 8)
Oh please football gawds, make this happen! :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2uwmpgpw said:
:sarcasm_on: Breaking News, Steve Sarkisian leaves USC for Seahawks to replace Bevell.
:sarcasm_off:
As a UW and hawks fan I find that offensive. :sarcasm_off: Sark is highly overrated as a playcaller, USC will find that out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3k6uytpj said:
Coug_Hawk08":3k6uytpj said:
DavidSeven":3k6uytpj said:

We are 13-3 though. That's like, proof. Of everything.
13-3 despite him, not because of him. IMHO they could be 15-1 if it weren't for epic offensive playcalling failures in SF and here against the Turds! Just my .05 worth of course.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
Bevell hasn't been the greatest play caller in hindsight, however he has been far from the worst. It is one of those things where if you think he was bad, we could of done a lot worse this year. Personally I think he can be successful in a good situation. For the love of God I hope for his sake he doesn't end up in Washington. RG3 is a coach killer as well as Daniel Snyder. Players and coaches go to Washington to die. If Bevell has any common sense in his head he will pass on the Redskin job. If he was smart he would take an OC job somewhere else over being their head coach.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
indyhawk1984":1o1ohetm said:
Bevell hasn't been the greatest play caller in hindsight, however he has been far from the worst. It is one of those things where if you think he was bad, we could of done a lot worse this year. Personally I think he can be successful in a good situation. For the love of God I hope for his sake he doesn't end up in Washington. RG3 is a coach killer as well as Daniel Snyder. Players and coaches go to Washington to die. If Bevell has any common sense in his head he will pass on the Redskin job. If he was smart he would take an OC job somewhere else over being their head coach.
if offered the HC job at Washington, I think he'd be a fool not to take it. Like Bradley at Jacksonville its a tough job but these guys aren't about the easy way.