Skins/Vikings to interview Bevell

hawk45

Reaction score
If Bevell ends up in Washington he'd better figure out quick what a slant route is or RGIII is a dead man.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he goes to Washington RGIII will tell him what he wants to run cause Snyder says he can.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
indyhawk1984":rknj8w5e said:
Bevell hasn't been the greatest play caller in hindsight, however he has been far from the worst. It is one of those things where if you think he was bad, we could of done a lot worse this year. Personally I think he can be successful in a good situation. For the love of God I hope for his sake he doesn't end up in Washington. RG3 is a coach killer as well as Daniel Snyder. Players and coaches go to Washington to die. If Bevell has any common sense in his head he will pass on the Redskin job. If he was smart he would take an OC job somewhere else over being their head coach.

I understand these guys challenge themselves and thrive on it but Washington is a terrible career decision. It's as close as being setup to fail as there is in the NFL. Snyder is a horrible meddling owner that can destroy any culture a coach tries to create in the locker room.

If he could go there and truly fix things up and make RG3 not a diva that buys into his own hype. Then I will tip my hat to that and say the is a hell of a job. However, Washington would be a very bad choice. I would give it two years until Bevell would be looking for OC jobs again.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread Kubiak would be a great OC or or if Cable is still around he might get a promotion.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
chris98251":2vxex2rk said:
:sarcasm_on: Breaking News, Steve Sarkisian leaves USC for Seahawks to replace Bevell.
:sarcasm_off:
Doomsday Scenario:

Bevell Leaves (not all bad)
Sark gets canned at SC before he gets started (Tosh violations, Pat Haden zero tolerance)
Pete hires Sark as OC

USC gets bailed out of that horrible hire and we (Husky fans) have to live with Sark again.

OrFan

Reaction score
Let's see, under Bevell we had the 26th ranked passing offense in the NFL with Wilson at qb. Something a bit wrong there?

I like our defense, please leave Quinn alone.

Bevell, I believe he can be easily replaced with someone who can better use what we have.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Let Bevell go to the Redskins... he can then can convince Snyder to trade for Percy Harvin for their 2015 first rounder.

They do have a lot of money coming off the books

We'd even throw in our Matt Flynn 5th rounder and Robert Turbin because Bevell loves giving him the rock and watching be ankle tackled.

We then can keep everybody!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Besides Kubiack, who else would be interested. Lane Kieffen is pete's buddy. Proven to be a failure as HC but might be an ok OC. Chudzinski is an offensive guy but is a Florida and East coast guy. What about Bill Lazor in philly he had been discussed as making the jump from qb coach to HC maybe we get him as OC.

plyka

Reaction score
DavidSeven":29o1hx0n said:
Bevell is considered a great coordinator around the NFL by analysts and front offices around the NFL who are paid for objective analysis. They had a top-10 offense by every metric. Seattle is also arguably the best offense in the NFL that isn't run by an offensive HC or Peyton Manning. Only Cincinatti could claim to be better, but they played weaker defenses this year.

Don't let facts get in the way, though. If you disagree, feel free to name better coordinators who aren't simply running their HC's system.

This is called an appeal to authority. I'm assuming your premise is true, which it is not. You're talking as though "nfl analysts and front offices" are a single entity and they believe bevell is a great coordinator. Both assertions are false. But even if they were true your argument would be an appeal to authority. Meaning there is no argument.

Truth is that most nfl analysts and front offices don't know about the seahawks as much as we do. They watch limited games. But even in those games you see bevells failures. Thus far some of the blame has been diverted. Jaws claims it is Russell Wilson and he isn't that good while Tim hasslebeck believes the hawk receivers suck. But anyone who watches them for more than a few games understands that bevelll is just not good enough. Thus I doubt bevell gets a head coaching job and if he did the team will fire him soon.

plyka

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":2yfoq2s4 said:
chris98251":2yfoq2s4 said:
:sarcasm_on: Breaking News, Steve Sarkisian leaves USC for Seahawks to replace Bevell.
Doomsday Scenario:

Sark gets canned at SC before he gets started (Tosh violations, Pat Haden zero tolerance)
Pete hires Sark as OC

USC gets bailed out of that horrible hire and we (Husky fans) have to live with Sark again.

I would welcome.e sark with open arms. Pete is not an offensive guy. But it seems likely that he is directing bevell to call a game like this. He may not have confidence in bevell and the offense. If there was a great OC with a big personality and the confidence of Pete, it is possible that Pete would loosen the reigns a bit.

All I know is that Pete never had such an offense at usc. This extra conservative, take zero risks, punt punt punt, and hope the other team makes a mistake. USC had a damn good pro style offense at USC.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I would like Bevell to 'skeedaddle.' He's overrated because of Favre and Russell Wilson. Ever notice that, as Russell becomes more knowledgeable of what Bevell wants, and tries to faithfully execute the plays as written, the more 'Vanilla' and 'predictable' we become? We were more highly ranked as an offense last year because Russell knew less of the playbook and created more of his own plays because of it. Bevell is more of a hindrance to RW at this point. The Hawks need to hire somebody that allows Russell to continue to grow, so that he reaches his full potential.

McGruff

Reaction score
plyka":pvsuss11 said:
ChrisB Bacon":pvsuss11 said:
chris98251":pvsuss11 said:
Doomsday Scenario:

Pete hires Sark as OC

I would welcome.e sark with open arms. Pete is not an offensive guy. But it seems likely that he is directing bevell to call a game like this. He may not have confidence in bevell and the offense. If there was a great OC with a big personality and the confidence of Pete, it is possible that Pete would loosen the reigns a bit.

All I know is that Pete never had such an offense at usc. This extra conservative, take zero risks, punt punt punt, and hope the other team makes a mistake. USC had a damn good pro style offense at USC.

USC produced good college QB's but never the kind that put up 400 yards a five TD's every game. But they did put up huge rushing numbers with Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Justin Fargas, Chauncey Wahsington, Stephon Johnson, Joe McKnight and Allen Bradford. From 2004 tp 2009 there was one year that they passed more than they ran.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3cvrprxx said:
DavidSeven":3cvrprxx said:
Bevell is considered a great coordinator around the NFL by analysts and front offices around the NFL who are paid for objective analysis. They had a top-10 offense by every metric. Seattle is also arguably the best offense in the NFL that isn't run by an offensive HC or Peyton Manning. Only Cincinatti could claim to be better, but they played weaker defenses this year.

Don't let facts get in the way, though. If you disagree, feel free to name better coordinators who aren't simply running their HC's system.

Where did we rank when we had TJack in?

Russell and marshawn have made bevell, not the other way around.

What's funny is that people forget how good the 2011 team was in the second half. It's probably intentional to make a (false) point. TJ was competent when Seattle went 5-3 over the 2nd half of the year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
McGruff":16ipi2ky said:
MontanaHawk05":16ipi2ky said:
Sturm":16ipi2ky said:
I don't get why they think Bevell is head coaching material.

Probably because his team just had 13-3 and 11-5 playoff seasons.

While developing one of the beat yang QB's in the league . . .

Seriously, for supposedly the best fans in the NFL, we are probably the worst at being hateful towards our own team.
Agreed. The Bevell hate is childish, ridiculous, and unwarranted. And e will be missed if he does get a head coaching shot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2f6e2rdc said:
ClumsyLurk":2f6e2rdc said:
MontanaHawk05":2f6e2rdc said:
Sturm":2f6e2rdc said:
I don't get why they think Bevell is head coaching material.

Probably because his team just had 13-3 and 11-5 playoff seasons.
Not like we have the #1 defense in the league or anything ;)

Of course that was part of it. But if you actually watched the games, we had some brilliant offensive performances that weren't won by defense foremost. Arizona and New Orleans come to mind.

You mean the New Orleans game where Seattle gave up 7? And the Arizona game where almost all the 20 odd points Arizona scored were because Seattle turnovers set AZ up on a short field? The AZ game was not about brilliant play calling, it was Russell throwing dimes on broken plays, making miraculous escapes from blitzes.

I think Bevell will be a very good head coach. I think a lot of what he gets blamed for really comes down to our offensive players having some limits he has to scheme around. But i also think he bears some of the burden of being slow to adjust and bears a lot of the burden for an offense that was slow to start games. And I'm still having trouble forgetting play action on fourth and 15, not to mention a handful of other hard to explain play action on obvious passing down calls throughout the season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
All but a handful of fan bases blame either their OCs/QBs constantly if the offense isn't living up to their expectations. On the OC side of things many of them will claim they have the "worst OC in the league". Of course few of them could actually name a substantial number of OC's or know their system/history.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":bmjeqejh said:
All but a handful of fan bases blame either their OCs/QBs constantly if the offense isn't living up to their expectations. On the OC side of things many of them will claim they have the "worst OC in the league". Of course few of them could actually name a substantial number of OC's or know their system/history.
MN1XCyY
Most of us just like to watch the ball fly around and aren't really concerned with the cogs and gears of whole operation.

And then there are guys like Mel Kiper. hehehe....
6kKzXVz

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":jnb3svwi said:
indyhawk1984":jnb3svwi said:
Bevell hasn't been the greatest play caller in hindsight, however he has been far from the worst. It is one of those things where if you think he was bad, we could of done a lot worse this year. Personally I think he can be successful in a good situation. For the love of God I hope for his sake he doesn't end up in Washington. RG3 is a coach killer as well as Daniel Snyder. Players and coaches go to Washington to die. If Bevell has any common sense in his head he will pass on the Redskin job. If he was smart he would take an OC job somewhere else over being their head coach.
if offered the HC job at Washington, I think he'd be a fool not to take it. Like Bradley at Jacksonville its a tough job but these guys aren't about the easy way.
If he any coordinator has dreams of being a HC they'd be fools not to take it, there are only 32 spots available. Even for a first time HC if offered you should take The Dallas, Washington, Oakland, and Cleveland jobs even though those ownerships and front offices are dumpster fires just to build up the resume.