Smoking cigarettes

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":wjoj236v said:
Any trip is an opportunity to give up the habit.

I've read the physical addiction to nicotine lasts for 36 hours. He psychological "want" addiction lasts longer, but 36 hours for the "need" feeling.

If you get an 8-hour sleep before getting up and around for a 5? hour flight for which you need to be at the airport an hour ahead of time, then you've accounted for around 15-16 hours of that 36. Best done when heading home or you won't have a good time in Seattle. But if you can show her half of the physical addition is covered by time she *can't* smoke, then she might be able to meet it half-way.

I was luckier - I quit in France, so I had a train trip to a Paris-Chicago flight, then a stopover and a Chicago-LA flight, followed by an LA-Santa Maria drive in my boss' car. My entire journey was in smoke-free environments, and I arrived home in the evening, so all I had to do was not have a smoke before going to bed, and I was well past 36 hours when I woke up the next day.

Easiest cold-turkey quit ever.
For those of us that are, or in my case have been, thoroughly addicted it takes more than 36 hours and the psychological "urge" goes at least a year. It's been over 13 years now and I still on the rare occasion get the "wow, a cigarette would be nice right now" thought. When you are someone it REALLY gets its hooks into, it's not like you described. But I am truly glad it was easier for you.

Latest posts