So, after week 3, the Seahawks are 3-0.....

BlueTalons

Reaction score
volsunghawk":8nla8yp2 said:
So, after 3 weeks of the 2013 season, which games do you think look easier for the Seahawks compared to when we first looked at the schedule? And which do you think are more daunting now than they were when the schedule was released?

Easier:

@Giants
Buccaneers
@Texans
@49ers

Harder:

@Colts
Saints
Titans
Honestly...I would add Rams, Cardinals, and Vikings to the "easier" list (no NFL game is "easy" however...) 14-2 looks very doable; we'll see following the next two games. Losses in either will not hurt any potential playoff tie-breakers.

Things are shaping up very nicely. SO GLAD that Saints game is HERE. Could prove to be HUGE for seeding!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BlueTalons":1nt938gs said:
volsunghawk":1nt938gs said:
So, after 3 weeks of the 2013 season, which games do you think look easier for the Seahawks compared to when we first looked at the schedule? And which do you think are more daunting now than they were when the schedule was released?

Easier:

@Giants
Buccaneers
@Texans
@49ers

Harder:

@Colts
Saints
Titans
Honestly...I would add Rams, Cardinals, and Vikings to the "easier" list (no NFL game is "easy" however...) 14-2 looks very doable; we'll see following the next two games. Losses in either will not hurt any potential playoff tie-breakers.

Things are shaping up very nicely. SO GLAD that Saints game is HERE. Could prove to be HUGE for seeding!

I actually don't know what to make of the Rams and Cards games. The Rams still have a fearsome D-line, but that was a horrible performance against Dallas yesterday. They're still a mystery to me.

As for the Cards, I'm actually leaning toward them being harder. Palmer is playing better than I expected, and Mathieu looks very good in their secondary. Maybe my expectations for them were too low going into the season.

The Vikings didn't get added to my easier list because I never thought they'd be a challenge in the first place. Minnesota and Jacksonville were the two games at the start of the season that I was most confident were solid victories for us.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1kx374wp said:
BlueTalons":1kx374wp said:

I actually don't know what to make of the Rams and Cards games. The Rams still have a fearsome D-line, but that was a horrible performance against Dallas yesterday. They're still a mystery to me.

As for the Cards, I'm actually leaning toward them being harder. Palmer is playing better than I expected, and Mathieu looks very good in their secondary. Maybe my expectations for them were too low going into the season.

After the losses the Rams and Cardinals took this week, I'm just not sure how you can draw those conclusions. The Rams D was abysmal, and the Cardinals hardly looked like a team that would challenge the Seahawks for a win. Sure there are a few individual players on the Cards that look good, but one player does not a team make.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1bq2rk8x said:
volsunghawk":1bq2rk8x said:
BlueTalons":1bq2rk8x said:

After the losses the Rams and Cardinals took this week, I'm just not sure how you can draw those conclusions. The Rams D was abyssalal, and the Cardinals hardly looked like a team that would challenge the Seahawks for a win. Sure there are a few individual players on the Cards that look good, but one player does not a team make.

You do have throw out the record for divisional games. Plus, everyone is going to give us their best shot. It's part of being the king of the mountain.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Tough Games that could go either way for me are

@ Houston
@ Indy
@ Atlanta
@ San Fran
New Orleans

Every week is different in this league and remember our travel woes. I am hoping and paraying we can win these next 2 away games. Beat Houston & Indy and I will be supremley confident we can get home field for the playoffs. Those 2 games bring 2 different propositions from a tough D and great running game, and a great passing QB.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Texans 2-1 (in Houston) - Fraudulent 2-1. I expect a good game though. Hawks only win by 10.
Colts 2-1 (in Indy where they lost a game) - Pass happy teams that aren't named the Broncos can't beat us. Trent Richardson had no impact on the Colts.
Titans 2-1 at home - Jake Locker is just not good enough. I doubt they score more than 6 points.
Cardinals 1-2 (in Arizona) - Division road games are always a pain in the ass. We're so much better than them though.
Rams 1-2 (in St Louis) - Ditto.
Bucs 0-3 at home - Jacksonville the 2nd.
Falcons 1-2 (in Atlanta) - This time, it's personal.
Vikings 0-3 at home - LOL
Saints 3-0 at home - I'm excited for this game. The team that most resembles the Broncos in offensive ability. Their defense won't be able to stop us though. Lynch goes for 200 yards this game.
49ers 1-2 (in SF) - God knows where SF will be at this point.
Giants 0-3 (in NY) - We might as well leave a few items at the stadium for FEB ;).
Cardinals at home - But we already clinched HFA.
Rams at home - Ditto.

I know I'm a homer, but I see maybe 1 freak loss. This team is just so good and they are so freaking calm. Is anyone worried about this team being down 14 (god forbid) in the 4th quarter and not coming back? I don't know how you beat the Seahawks. Great RZ defense? Limit us to FGs? At least then you are able to maybe have a winning TD drive with no time remaining. But none of the remaining teams (excluding TB, which ... well) has a good enough RZ defense.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, the whole "easier" list is a little silly. We still don't know how we'll fare on the road this season. We've played one away game and are about to hit a big stretch of road games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":yuve07qp said:
I think were in for a unpleasant surprise in Houston.
Without looking through the thread..........weren't you the person that predicted a final of Jacksonville 14, Seattle 13?
Undercover Whiner troll?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
This one will probably resemble the Carolina game (Texans) but I think Seattle will run the ball much better against the them than against the Panthers.
Indy I have no idea, Luck seems like a clutch QB but I don't think they will run on our D line like they did against San Fran and I like our offense against that D. I think this one will be high scoring but Seattle can salt the game away late.

I think we can run and stop the run pretty well, even though Foster/Tate is a pretty nasty two headed attack, and as long as we limit our turn overs and generate them I'm pretty sure they will win these next three games.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm not seeing or feeling any loses.... I think we'll be ready for a 1-0 each week... One week/game at a time... :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, most of this is reactionary from this last week....but:

NO looks like our toughest challenge so far. Typcially, we don't get enough pressure on Brees and he tears us up. To really get Brees' number, you have to have penetration from the middle of the line. He's not as mobile as Wilson, and that really screws with him. Their defense looks a ton better than they did; they're going to have Wilson scrambling a lot with our OL.

ATL, HOU...both look a lot more winnable than they did. I think we can beat Houston's defense as we have so many different options. We need to stop their run; A. Johnson is dinged up and either Browner or Sherm can lock down Hopkins so we're ok there.

ATL is giving up a lot of pressure on Ryan. That's what killed us in our game against them, lack of pressure.

TEN is looking a bit tougher. Their defense looks very good but we will be at home and I honestly fear no team at home the rest of the year, outside of NO.

Indy: before last game, I had them down as a loss. I would be beyond thrilled with us going to SF and getting the win they just got; it would actually exceed expectations, even of our team now. I'm not sure you can really contain Luck, but if we do what SF just did to Luck, don't turn the ball over, and control their run game, we win, fairly easily. That's a lot to accomplish all at once.

ARI is what I expected: a team trying to throw the ball deep, with poor pass pro and an immobile QB. This is a win.

STL is looking worse than I thought they would through 3 games. Bradford seems off, they don't have a run game, and their lack of playmakers is showing. Also, their defense shows it can be gassed. If we maintain drives and keep the ball, we win easily.

I've been harping all year that the Giants don't look all that good and they don't scare me at their house.

As of right now, I think we go 14-2. It sounds a bit homeristic, but if we can get a steady improvement every week on offense, we're going to be scary come playoff time. With homefield advantage, I see us in the SB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Early but methinks that MNF game against the Saints determines who gets the 1 seed in the NFC.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3or130pz said:
Early but methinks that MNF game against the Saints determines who gets the 1 seed in the NFC.

That wouldn't surprise me a bit.

But I don't see the TITs beating us at our house even with Jake Locker at QB!

:les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I went to school at Houston (embarrassed to say) and have to give props to their fan base down there. This was in the "Love you blue" Oiler days, but those fans were absolutely LOUD. The good news is they were loud regardless of who had the ball.

I've had this game circled since the schedule came out. Aside from Carolina, I felt it would be our first REAL test (seriously). The closer we get and the more I see, I'm not predicting a cakewalk (per se) but I do expect us to impose our will and win going away... 27-16 Hawks (baby!).

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":3fo02pnq said:
Chukarhawk":3fo02pnq said:

Elaborate please. A hobbled Andre Johnson and Adrian Foster and Matt Schaub playing extremely tentative? I don't see how they move the ball effectively against us. We will have our hands full with their pass rush, but all things considered we are looking pretty good to go in there and win.

Our O-line was struggling before our all pro left tackle went down, add to that a 10am road game with one of the best defenses in the league, throw in 10 penaltys and you have us not putting up a lot of points. I had this as a loss before Okung went down.

If we win it would be the first time this franchise has started 4-0.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":25kcrqo2 said:
Barthawk":25kcrqo2 said:
Chukarhawk":25kcrqo2 said:

Elaborate please. A hobbled Andre Johnson and Adrian Foster and Matt Schaub playing extremely tentative? I don't see how they move the ball effectively against us. We will have our hands full with their pass rush, but all things considered we are looking pretty good to go in there and win.

Our O-line was struggling before our all pro left tackle went down, add to that a 10am road game with one of the best defenses in the league, throw in 10 penaltys and you have us not putting up a lot of points. I had this as a loss before Okung went down.

If we win it would be the first time this franchise has started 4-0.

Chin up. Seattle's got this.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
just one of those feelings. 4-0 would be a serious statement.

Latest posts