so not an x and o guy but for defense 2nd half

niveky

Reaction score
Was the collapse more a combination of Norton calling the coverages underneath too soft and not adjusting to King getting continually victimized.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
niveky":mvkoecu9 said:
Was the collapse more a combination of Norton calling the coverages underneath too soft and not adjusting to King getting continually victimized.

The coaching sucked hard for both the offense and defense in the second half. 450+ passing yards? Come on... Norton is garb.

Polk738

Reaction score
Shaq Griffin was playing lights out in man against Julio Jones in the first half, I don't know why they didn't keep him in man.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That whole "keep everything in front of you" thing is getting old imo. Very happy with the win, but come on.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Norton isn't a very good DC. Bring back Quinn in the offseason.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Why does the board hold Pete accountable for year on year of offense conservatism, but this is Norton’s defense?

Shouldn’t we absolve norton for just doing what Pete directs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why does Norton get a pass?

After all he is the DC, although he runs Pete's schemes he is still in charge of the D.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
jammerhawk":341h1e0v said:
Why does Norton get a pass?

After all he is the DC, although he runs Pete's schemes he is still in charge of the D.

I don't really know if it's so much as a pass as much as it is really difficult to judge what share of the blame goes where when it is very established how much of puppets PC's coordinators are. I honestly don't think the game would have looked much different if Quinn had been calling it or anyone else. I honestly think the DC would get in more trouble for calling a mistimed blitz more so than allowing 400+ soft coverage yards.

knownone

Reaction score
Few things.

It wasn't a collapse. Atlanta needed 4 scores at half time, and we played a slightly conservative version of cover 2. This is the logical thing to do mathematically. You don't care if the Falcons score, you just want them to eat the clock in doing so, knowing you only need to score once to effectively end the game. That's what happened. The only way the Falcons could come back in the game is if the Seahawk's give up big plays, or turn the ball over on offense.

Latest posts