So who ends up trading for Sherman

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1az2z2sh said:
Sports Hernia":1az2z2sh said:
Looks like the RS haters on sportsradio had a giant swing and a miss on this one. :lol:

Said from day one, they made a huge mountain out of mole hill- just to have something interesting as a topic for a change.
It's bad enough when they do it once (slow news day, whatever) , but when it becomes a daily thing, where they double and triple down on their own stupidity because they want it to happen SO badly, it shows what no talent radio hacks they really are.

I give mad props to John Clayton who said from the get go it wasn't going to happen, but of course he is a REAL NFL insider without an agenda.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
From Maulbert:

According to ESPN, Schneider says they've moved past actively shopping Sherman. They'll listen to offers, but they're not making them anymore.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1923 ... rman-trade

Honestly, I've been really frustrated with this story, as Sherman is my favorite Hawk, and while I usually don't mind him speaking his mind, I really wish he'd exercised a little more self control over the last season. I don’t want him going anywhere, I want him to retire a Hawk, but I can't blame Pete and John for shopping him. I just hope this means Sherman has buried the hatchet.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Think the team has done everything to posterize him for the Draft to come. That is really it. "You want em, what ya got?"

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3urv3dkq said:
Sherman is worth 1 win a season. I'm quite happy to keep him.

Do you have a link to prove this? :twisted:

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3u52g588 said:
Seymour":3u52g588 said:
MontanaHawk05":3u52g588 said:
Sherman is worth 1 win a season. I'm quite happy to keep him.

Do you have a link to prove this? :twisted:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2151/files/rs25-hero-tip.jpg?31975

Pretty damn good try, but sorry, I'll need something more recent. :mrgreen:

In reality though, I actually do not disagree with Montana's assessment in general....but we would need to know his replacement for any real discussion. If I get 2 picks and get lucky with them, the picks could "possibly" net me more value, especially since I get to spend his extra $12M elsewhere now. Chances are not good though.....I'll admit.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Never actually seen the "WAR" used in football. Would be interesting. Sherman is the perfect candidate for the exercise really.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing they were ever serious about trading Sherman. There is no way you get enough value for him to still have a competitive DB group next year. Shead is hurt, remove Sherman and now you have either untested draft picks from the last few years, rookies or free agents starting to open the season. Doesn't make sense to risk sacrificing next year to move Richard now. Draft a couple of CB's, get them some experience and then it makes some sense to trade Richard.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":1xts838u said:
I have a hard time believing they were ever serious about trading Sherman. There is no way you get enough value for him to still have a competitive DB group next year. Shead is hurt, remove Sherman and now you have either untested draft picks from the last few years, rookies or free agents starting to open the season. Doesn't make sense to risk sacrificing next year to move Richard now. Draft a couple of CB's, get them some experience and then it makes some sense to trade Richard.

If it doesn't happen, we'll never know how serious it was.

If I had to put a percentage on it, this whole exercise was 50% trying to accommodate Richard if he indeed was the one who initiated the trade request..............and 50% sending him a message that;

1. You're not above being traded if you continue to be a pain in the ass.
2. Your value isn't as high as you think it is, thus no teams offering the moon for you.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i73owyj said:
StoneCold":1i73owyj said:

If it doesn't happen, we'll never know how serious it was.

If I had to put a percentage on it, this whole exercise was 50% trying to accommodate Richard if he indeed was the one who initiated the trade request..............and 50% sending him a message that;

1. You're not above being traded if you continue to be a pain in the ass.
2. Your value isn't as high as you think it is, thus no teams offering the moon for you.

As you know I don't buy the message sending idea either, it may be true, I just don't have enough info to draw that conclusion, I know many do and that's cool, we don't have to rehash our reasons. When I think about it from the Teams perspective they are looking at next year and the year after with the mantra "always compete", I just don't see how they do that by trading Richard this year. There's no way they get enough value.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":1cmesa2e said:
When I think about it from the Teams perspective they are looking at next year and the year after with the mantra "always compete", I just don't see how they do that by trading Richard this year. There's no way they get enough value.

This is probably why it hasn't happened. I take John's word at face value, if he says we'd trade Richard to get younger and open up cap space, but only if the offer blows us away...........then that's probably what it is.

I'm more interested in the why it happened, which is what I was guessing at.