So who plays C?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1swbopz4 said:
I think we have plenty of talent to make a competitive situation under our roof right now. C might not be a strength, but it shouldn't be a glaring weakness, either, especially since we have a lot of time to get guys coached up instead of playing mix and match.
Yeah, and they've got time to work it all out. Will be interesting to keep an eye on all this. LJP is an acquaintance and many from around here rooting for him at my son's/ Lem's high school. Sounds like they've got plans for Sokoli, though, and Lem spoke highly of Patrick Lewis. Those guys root for each other/ friendships, even though they also represent competition.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2zei78fv said:
Tech Worlds":2zei78fv said:
The same guys who played much of last year
You mean the same ones who got injured right?

I don't think Patrick Lewis appeared on any of the injury reports. Is that what you meant?

Lewis might be the single worst athlete we have on our roster. I thought he was just playing slow due to inexperience until I checked out his pro day times:
40 yard: 5.28
10 yard: 1.84
Shuttle: 4.93
3-cone: 8.01

All four of these times are the slowest on the team. It helps to be quick footed at the center position, so he will need to make up for his speed deficit with a quick reaction time and great technique. It is unfortunate that we didn't even attempt to draft a player with prior center experience.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think the Hawks wanted Marpet, but Lewis played the best of who survived last season during Max's absence.

Competition will determine this however.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I would hope we can bring in a VETERAN veteran (not a 2nd or 3rd year player...) to compete with our younger guys.
Being young is nice, but our guys have very little experience at C and the "winner" could easily be mediocre. At least a wily vet knows the ins and outs of the position.

Disappointed we didn't get a real C in the draft, but wanting a C doesnt mean there was actually a good one available

bigDhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2nmsrx45 said:
Patrick Lewis, who beat out Jeanpierre for the starting job in the last two games. Cable said today that Poole and Glowinski can also play some center.

Exactly. Pat Lewis. Anything else will be surprising.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I love that we have 3 guys vying for the position. You know Carroll loves a good three way fight for one position. Cream will rise to the top.

I also think that with a full preseason and training camp working with Wilson, whoever is the starter will be much better this year than last year. We seem to be worried about center because its right now the weakest position, but its the type of position that its tough to have a backup play well because the familiarity just isn't there between Wilson and the starting center. A full preseason to prepare though for all three of these guys should be enough to not be a real weakness.