Solari fired, Desai hired

James in PA

Reaction score
Per "reports" on the Interweb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Oh hell yeah baby!

Desai is a future head coach. This guy is a rising star. This is the type of hire everyone has always wanted but Pete never went for.

I will miss Solari, but Dickerson is getting promoted from within, and he seems to have an amazing feel for the run game. More synergy with Waldron.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1492160858302021633[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1492169610715557890[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1492171581820444672[/tweet]

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Am I the only one confused at to the team structure and where Hurtt is on the chart now? If at all?

kf3339

Reaction score
If it was Solari's decision to move Lewis to LG, then I'm fine with letting him go. Lewis should have been kept at RG and Jackson should have been the LG last season. If Jackson can't or won't make it work then either trade or let him go. His cap savings could be used to help find a starting caliber LG. I also think Phil Haynes could be a possible answer at LG. At least I would give him a shot at the spot.

I am really happy the PC figured out he needed Desai and gave him a title that worked to get him signed. Perhaps our future HC will be on staff!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":18p04ysn said:
Am I the only one confused at to the team structure and where Hurtt is on the chart now? If at all?

Hurtt is the DC. Karl Scott is the passing game coordinator. Sean Desai is the Assistant Head Coach (Defense). A purposely vague yet high level title. I'd expect him to have significant input on the defense.

Rat

Reaction score
Bears fans have overwhelmingly good things to say about him. He sounds like an up-and-comer who could make an awkward situation if Pete doesnt hang them up after next season.

seabowl

Reaction score
Desai may be the head coach in waiting for when Pete retires.

xray

Reaction score
This could mean that 2022 is Carroll's last year as HC . :D

ivotuk

Reaction score
Finally!! Solari's a good dude, but a "media okra" coach that's set in his ways. He resembles a slightly less assholier Cable. Unable to adjust, but not quite so arrogant, or ignorant when it comes to evaluateing talent.

I blame "Tom Cobble it together" for Eddie Lacey Luke Joekel, Carpenter, Pocic, and Ifedi. I think he pounded the table for them, the had them practice all over the line, and playing out of position.

The reason the Rams OLine looks so good is because they hide their weaknesses with play calling. Something older OLine coaches have never tried.

Great things ahead Russell! Great things ahead

Hurtt and Desai are going to be our best hires ever! Young, respected by the players, smart, and up to speed on today's NFL.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is pleasing, and gives me a bit more hope. For sure.

Desai got interviews all over this offseason, so I can't imagine he'd take this job unless he was promised some authority and a sense of advancement.

It's a bit muddy what he'll actually do, but it certainly makes the defensive staff better overall.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like these moves.

Desai was the guy I wanted to be the DC ahead of Hurtt but promoting from within is a good thing.

Changing the OLine coaching allows for the creation of new approaches to pass pro and run blocking and should cause the Line to be more in tune with the OC. if nothing else it offers a fresh approach to the protection of Wilson. Adding the the upcoming younger coaches to key positions on the team infuses the coaching staff with a renewed sense of purpose and energy. Besides Solari was older than Pete and he undoubtedly was thinking about stepping back anyway.

In all it is clear there is no Rooney Rule compliance problem with the team coaching staff.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
“Hurtt, we believe in you! We believe in you soooo much we are going to hire an Associate Head Coach of Defense to keep an eye on things AND we are trying to hire DC coordinator level people to take jobs way beneath their resume level to make sure you dont john it up. But the point is we believe in you and your depth of experience. Just forget you’ll be the least qualified person in the room. Just be grateful PCs son won’t also be standing over your shoulder. Just PC himself”

ivotuk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":nuhxfp2u said:
“Hurtt, we believe in you! We believe in you soooo much we are going to hire an Associate Head Coach of Defense to keep an eye on things AND we are trying to hire DC coordinator level people to take jobs way beneath their resume level to make sure you dont john it up. But the point is we believe in you and your depth of experience. Just forget you’ll be the least qualified person in the room. Just be grateful PCs son won’t also be standing over your shoulder. Just PC himself”

Jesus. Manufacturing misery on that post. Pure fantasy to fit your jaded outlook on the world. Like Brock Huard says, "There's only one person on the defensive headset calling in plays, and that will be Hurtt.

We could win the Superbowl and you'd find something wrong with it. :141847_bnono:

keasley45

Reaction score
Well, it's not exactly what I pictured the structure to be, but in the end, it's what I was hoping might be happening. Get young guys in and up that can bring new eyes and ideas to Pete's system. And, in doing so, have on your staff, the guy who will eventually replace Pete without missing a beat from a culture perspective.

Desai. Hurtt. Waldron. Hopefully these guys are the cornerstones of the staff for the foreseeable future.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Dickerson has been a Rams assistant Oline coach since 2012 and was kept on the staff when McVay took over. That is a pretty good sign.

My glimmer of hope is Pete bringing in these young coaches to take over the systems and he focuses on player motivation/improvement.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So is he an assistant head coach? or is he the assistant to the head coach?

*The Office joke*

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If Dickerson came over with Waldron can this also be seen as an endorsement of Waldron and his offensive system?

Jville

Reaction score
What the Andy Dickerson promotion means to me, is that Damien Lewis, among others, had best have a different set of off season priorities in 2022. Lewis was largely ignored when he blew off the right side to left side narrative. I suspect he went overboard with the weight lifting. I expect to see much greater mobility out of him when training camp opens.

I think the Dickerson promotion bods well for the resigning of Duane Brown and Max Unger

There currently are only 6 linemen listed in Jammer's roster thread. That affords a lot of flexibility. Free agent reports can telegraph the direction of priorities. Pre-draft reports on what prospects the Seahawks are looking at should be interesting.

I'm guessing better movement and range will be the priority for 2022.