Solari fired, Desai hired

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":1brdkzp0 said:
What the Andy Dickerson promotion means to me, is that Damien Lewis, among others, had best have a different set of off season priorities in 2022. Lewis was largely ignored when he blew off the right side to left side narrative. I suspect he went overboard with the weight lifting. I expect to see much greater mobility out of him when training camp opens.

I think the Dickerson promotion bods well for the resigning of Duane Brown and Max Unger

There currently are only 6 linemen listed in Jammer's roster thread. That affords a lot of flexibility. Free agent reports can telegraph the direction of priorities. Pre-draft reports on what prospects the Seahawks are looking at should be interesting.

I'm guessing better movement and range will be the priority for 2022.

We're getting Max Unger back? Yay!! :irishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, the team makes a positive move with the hiring of these various new coaches and the 'retirement' of a few others and it's spun as a negative. I would seem that to several nothing that Pn'J do will ever be right.

Changes are being made and that's should be seen as a positive thing.

Jville

Reaction score
ivotuk":ofwwk9rl said:
Jville":ofwwk9rl said:
What the Andy Dickerson promotion means to me, is that Damien Lewis, among others, had best have a different set of off season priorities in 2022. Lewis was largely ignored when he blew off the right side to left side narrative. I suspect he went overboard with the weight lifting. I expect to see much greater mobility out of him when training camp opens.

I think the Dickerson promotion bods well for the resigning of Duane Brown and Max Unger

There currently are only 6 linemen listed in Jammer's roster thread. That affords a lot of flexibility. Free agent reports can telegraph the direction of priorities. Pre-draft reports on what prospects the Seahawks are looking at should be interesting.

I'm guessing better movement and range will be the priority for 2022.

We're getting Max Unger back? Yay!! :irishdrinkers:

..................... Woops

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Unger still can play he's certainly an improvement over what the team presently has won the roster at the position, which is diddly squat. Sadly this is a poor year for draft candidates at C.

There are not many choices out there as FAs at present either.

nanomoz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2wakdqbl said:
Wow, the team makes a positive move with the hiring of these various new coaches and the 'retirement' of a few others and it's spun as a negative. I would seem that to several nothing that Pn'J do will ever be right.

Changes are being made and that's should be seen as a positive thing.

Jammer, dude, exactly one post in this thread is negative. The rest are entirely--or largely--positive.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Doing something is better than doing nothing ...when you know there are problems.

Not sure if this is good news or bad news yet. But it could be good news.

The nice thing is that if Pete had to step aside, we have some kind of HC option on the sidelines now.

That is better than where we were.

I lived in abject terror that Pete standing aside would get us one of the PetesGuys (or worse, one of his sons) as the next HC.

Things are looking better.

xray

Reaction score
seabowl":qgaddqte said:
Desai may be the head coach in waiting for when Pete retires.

^
Wouldn't surprise me if during Carrolls meeting with ownership ; he was nicely instructed to go find the next HC ...chop-chop. 2022 is PC's last season as HC . imo

sutz

Reaction score
Was listening to the radio today and Clayton came on and made a pretty good point about the Solari change. He basically says that Solari is still a good coach, but he has an old school 'bigger is better' philosophy when picking O-linemen and that Dickerson will want more mobile O-linemen that can handle the various motion based offensive system Waldron is trying to implement.

Good stuff.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2zoa219y said:
“Hurtt, we believe in you! We believe in you soooo much we are going to hire an Associate Head Coach of Defense to keep an eye on things AND we are trying to hire DC coordinator level people to take jobs way beneath their resume level to make sure you dont john it up. But the point is we believe in you and your depth of experience. Just forget you’ll be the least qualified person in the room. Just be grateful PCs son won’t also be standing over your shoulder. Just PC himself”

CzY6oaYl

RiverDog

Reaction score
If you contrast the amount of resources Pete gave Solari during his stay, from 2018-2021, with the previous 4 years when Tom Cable was our OL and assistant HC, from 2014 through 21017, there was a huge deficiency between the resources we dedicated to the offensive line vs. what he gave Cable:

2014 Justin Britt (2), Garrett Scott (6) Total picks all positions: 9
2015 Terry Poole (4), Mark Glowinski (4) Total picks all positions: 8
2016 Germain Ifedi (1), Rees Odhiambo (3), Joey Hunt (6) Total picks all positions: 10
2017 Ethan Pocic (2), Justin Senior (6) Total picks all positions: 11

Number of OL selections: 9. Average round: 3.78. Total picks all positions: 38. Percentage of picks used on offensive linemen: 24%.

2018 Jamarco Jones (5) Total picks all positions: 9
2019 Phil Haynes (4) Total picks all positions: 11
2020 Damien Lewis (3) Total picks all positions: 8
2021 Stone Forsythe (6) Total picks all positions: 3

Number of OL selections: 4. Average round: 4.5. Total picks all positions: 31. Percentage of picks used on offensive linemen: 13%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... /draft.htm

During the 4 years from 2014-17, Pete gave Cable a #1 draft pick and two #2's. The highest selection he gave Solari in his 4 years was a #3. Add into the above information the fact that the trade for Duane Brown occurred in 2017 when Cable was the OL coach.

It's pretty clear that Pete was not giving Solari near the resources that he gave Cable, yet he expected better results than Cable gave him.

kf3339

Reaction score
RiverDog":3p1egeoh said:
If you contrast the amount of resources Pete gave Solari during his stay, from 2018-2021, with the previous 4 years when Tom Cable was our OL and assistant HC, from 2014 through 21017, there was a huge deficiency between the resources we dedicated to the offensive line vs. what he gave Cable:

2014 Justin Britt (2), Garrett Scott (6) Total picks all positions: 9
2015 Terry Poole (4), Mark Glowinski (4) Total picks all positions: 8
2016 Germain Ifedi (1), Rees Odhiambo (3), Joey Hunt (6) Total picks all positions: 10
2017 Ethan Pocic (2), Justin Senior (6) Total picks all positions: 11

Number of OL selections: 9. Average round: 3.78. Total picks all positions: 38. Percentage of picks used on offensive linemen: 24%.

2018 Jamarco Jones (5) Total picks all positions: 9
2019 Phil Haynes (4) Total picks all positions: 11
2020 Damien Lewis (3) Total picks all positions: 8
2021 Stone Forsythe (6) Total picks all positions: 3

Number of OL selections: 4. Average round: 4.5. Total picks all positions: 31. Percentage of picks used on offensive linemen: 13%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... /draft.htm

During the 4 years from 2014-17, Pete gave Cable a #1 draft pick and two #2's. The highest selection he gave Solari in his 4 years was a #3. Add into the above information the fact that the trade for Duane Brown occurred in 2017 when Cable was the OL coach.

It's pretty clear that Pete was not giving Solari near the resources that he gave Cable, yet he expected better results than Cable gave him.

This is a very good analysis read, but also shows neither OL coach has had a real push to acquire the right OL troops for the trenches. In some ways this also mirrors our approach with the DL as well. There just hasn't been the real focus to build effective lines that can dominate and win in the trenches. I don't think we really have had strong lines on either side since about 2015. Very sad, but also true.

kf3339

Reaction score
sutz":11l390cd said:
Was listening to the radio today and Clayton came on and made a pretty good point about the Solari change. He basically says that Solari is still a good coach, but he has an old school 'bigger is better' philosophy when picking O-linemen and that Dickerson will want more mobile O-linemen that can handle the various motion based offensive system Waldron is trying to implement.

Good stuff.

I certainly hope he is correct.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1rrsraj0 said:
“Hurtt, we believe in you! We believe in you soooo much we are going to hire an Associate Head Coach of Defense to keep an eye on things AND we are trying to hire DC coordinator level people to take jobs way beneath their resume level to make sure you dont john it up. But the point is we believe in you and your depth of experience. Just forget you’ll be the least qualified person in the room. Just be grateful PCs son won’t also be standing over your shoulder. Just PC himself”

JFC dude.

Maybe take a short break from posting. It sounds like this place is starting to negatively affect your mental health.