Something about RW just don't look...

A

Anonymous

That's it, I'm grabbing-up a #3 Rangers jersey, post haste.

Just feels right.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's a little irritating seeing him pose in a Rangers uniform but we just need to give the kid a break.

He had aspirations of becoming a MLB player but his heart and soul are with the Seahawks.

Let's let him have his MLB "day in the sun". It won't hurt us.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1hw4zclc said:
It's a little irritating seeing him pose in a Rangers uniform
Unless you're the most high strung person on the planet, there is absolutely nothing irritating about seeing Russell Wilson in a Rangers jersey, or doing what he's doing in that regard. In fact, the added exposure is nothing but a good thing for the Seahawks.

chrispy

Reaction score
I don't think there's any reason to be concerned about this training camp. However, RW has stated very clearly that he does have dreams of being a two sport athlete. Everyone here that has said he doesn't want to play baseball is just incorrect. He couldn't have been any clearer in the Charlie Rose interview, most recently. That doesn't mean he have that opportunity. I'm sure there are contractual restrictions. He also has physical and mental restrictions if he continues to dedicate himself to football as he has for the past 2 years. I'm not saying he'll ever play two sports. I'm just saying that he does want to play two sports.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I LOL'd when I heard a caller on KJR mad about Wilson signing with the Rangers because they're a rival of the Mariners.

I have news for you M's fans, you have no rivals. Horrifically bad teams have no rivals..............a rivalry would mean you're actually competitive and beat the other team once in a while.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":90j7mjtd said:
I LOL'd when I heard a caller on KJR mad about Wilson signing with the Rangers because they're a rival of the Mariners.

I have news for you M's fans, you have no rivals. Horrifically bad teams have no rivals..............a rivalry would mean you're actually competitive and beat the other team once in a while.

Sadly that's the truth

drdiags

Reaction score
Wow! Concerned mother. Way to take the high ground guys! It always has to be about some smug put down. Thanks for the suggestion.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like it isn't just a Concerned Mom thing. At least the local reporters down at the Rangers spring training were looking for clarification.

[youtube]LVmw0yInY_M[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
I am fully convinced that if he wasn't the starter, and wasn't due 120+ million dollars, he would be taking this very seriously. But he can't. Almost feel bad for the guy, as someone who dreamed my whole life of playing two sports professionally. You know he wants to. It is going to take every ounce of restraint he has to play it cool and not try to get in there and get dirty.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Looks like he's having fun to me. The pressure and scrutiny on him is heavy from fans, media and coaches. I hope he enjoys himself and comes back ready to rock and roll. As long as he's ready to play when training camp starts. And he's given no indication that he won't.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1uextb9o said:
The M's really missed the boat. Nothing new there.

He might not have accepted an invitation from the M's in an effort to avoid being tied to a horribly led organization.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":lpadz6hc said:
Sgt. Largent":lpadz6hc said:

Sadly that's the truth

ummm... PADRES.

lol

JMR

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":381v7gye said:
Reaneypark":381v7gye said:
The M's really missed the boat. Nothing new there.

He might not have accepted an invitation from the M's in an effort to avoid being tied to a horribly led organization.

Well, a forward thinking business decision like drafting RW would have represented a move toward a better run organization. I think you would have seen more Ms Wilson jerseys in Safeco than anything else.

I guess to the good side, having Wilson's rights in the Ms organization probably would have made it even more tempting for him to play both sports since he wouldn't even have to change addresses to do it.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
As much as i would have liked russell to be playing with the M's it would have just been another distraction for a team that needs to get back to the business of winning baseball games. Also i wouldn't be down with the mariners being able to win back a large chunk of the fan base with such a transparent marketing move.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bump.

pa2unegy.jpg

Monistat

Reaction score
Ranger's drafted him in the rule 5 draft. Because he wasn't active in baseball they had to pay 12,500$. Not sure if the money went to RW or to Colorado.