Something I fail to see in any posts

hawker84

Reaction score
good take on both your posts hawk45.. agree'd .. why does wilson continue to go to obumonu (or however you spell his name) on 3rd downs, where the heck is Miller, why are we not trying to get him the ball more? and as far as the youth thing, i was fortuneate enough to play a little college ball, i guarentee you i was no better at catching the ball in college than i was in highschool... no excuses there, sorry tate, turbin, back up tight end, can't remeber his name right now...

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
While the clock was hitting zero, we were already watching CSI. I guess some people recover from losses quicker than others. Me? about 8 seconds.

canucklhead

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":5zsq0667 said:
This is the San Francisco 49ers.
This is one of THE best defenses in the league, and no pushover.
This game was played in a hostile location, which has always been a problem for us

These combined as it stands makes it already a difficult game as it is. But most of us seem to be drunk on the Kool-Aid of last week and we forget where our offense was for the first 4 games. This is in all honesty, nothing new. There should be no Golden Standard set for our team at this point. We have a great defense. We have talented players. And most importantly, several rookies starting for this team. We simply cannot expect to play perfectly every game, especially working out the kinks of a new quarterback.

When we go and win games handily and consistently ON THE ROAD we should be upset with performances like this. We know they can play better, we know they will. But you cannot expect a young team to click on all cylinders every quarter of every game. Once we all understand this, ours lives will be a lot easier.

What I felt after the game was simply that if this was 2,3,4 years ago the Seahawks would have lost 27-6 instead of 13-6. I'm not at all blaming or killing Wilson (love the kid) but our offense is as anemic as it's been in the recent past as far as putting the ball in the freakin' endzone. Difference is in the past Gore would have rushed for 200 yards and the Niners would have punched in a couple more TD's.

In other words we've seen this game before offensively. Difference is that even when giving up some yardage our defense is damn stout when it comes to giving up points.

canucklhead

Reaction score
Other than inconsistent play I think alot of us have a problem with Tate because of the 'tude. He very much seems to believe he's ALOT better than he actually is.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
I didn't expect to win this game (although I did think we had a chance) so I got over it pretty quickly.

My take is that the drops, poor run defense, and getting out-coached for half-time adjustments cost us the game. I thought early on that Wilson really had a chance to get in the groove but each of the drops were momentum killers. Our run defense looked terrible for much of the game; no push up front and the LBs seemed to be frequently out of position.

I went into the half thinking that we'd really squandered some opportunities but that we'd make the necessary half-time adjustments and close out the game in the second half. Unfortunately, SF made much better half-time adjustment than we did...surprised me but probably shouldn't have.

Sigh. Eleven days is going to be a long time. I think I'll just avoid any "fire x" and "bench y" type threads until then.