Sorry, I don't get the "It's OK , we will be back next year"

rjdriver

Reaction score
That's what I'm seeing all over this board. I don't get it. I have loved this franchise since its inception. I am holding three crying children because they are so hurt and devastated.

I agree that this team will be damn good for a number of years, but it takes a lot if things rolling in your favor to make a Super Bowl. Injuries, momentum, the right calls , big plays. Super Bowls are extremely hard to make and win, but to be within feet of winning and literally give it away. There are no guarantees, this could be the last Super Bowl we play in. I hope above hope that I am wrong, but we just gave away a Super Bowl.

Much respect for those whose faith in the future helps with this loss. I have faith as well. Remember the Patriots hadn't won in 10 years. Don't expect these opportunities to come often, I want them to..... But......

I'm just so devasted right now. Maybe this is a crap post man. I'm just hurt.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Nah man, no worries.

Everyone is gonna deal with this the way they see fit.

I'm an optimist...so while it hurts,I'm already looking onto the next season.

Don't apologize for how you feel, man.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not a crap post at all. Look at all the breaks we needed just to get to this game.

We should have our second Lombardi, who knows how long it will be before we get another shot at that

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't blame you. RIght now I'm calm, but I"m going to be up and down emotionally all week about this, maybe longer.

We HAD this game, and one poor play call blew it. Admittedly, it was a great play by the DB, but that call never should have been made.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
darell bevel must look everyone in the eye and say I cost us a ring.
that's it.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I felt the same way after the bitter Atlanta loss in 2012.

Who knows... hard to put a positive spin on this right now.

rsm650

Reaction score
I thought our only chance at the SB was over after the Atlanta meltdown in 2012. Boy was I wrong...

razor150

Reaction score
Dan Marino went to 1 Super Bowl in his career, his 2nd season. He said the same thing. You have to win them when you have the chance, there is no next year. Nothing is guaranteed.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Yes. It sucks. But its a game. What really sucks is that tomorrow I have to go back to fighting my school board to integrate my disabled child in a regular school class room. A win would have suspended that reality for a few more hours. A loss, means I can not forget about this reality for a little longer.

theascension

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately we could never get back. Marshawn could quit. We could blow the draft and not get a good WR or RB. You really never know. That's why this one hurts a lot.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3b06eyie said:
I don't blame you. RIght now I'm calm, but I"m going to be up and down emotionally all week about this, maybe longer.

We HAD this game, and one poor play call blew it. Admittedly, it was a great play by the DB, but that call never should have been made.

I'm feeling pretty much the same way. I'm not sure that I'll be emotionally bi-polar this week, but they played their asses off this year and we should be proud of that. It was a phenomenal game, one of the better SB's in years, and Seattle beat themselves. By that I mean of course....Bevell.

rideaducati

Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing you can do about this game...nothing. Some of us look ahead and see that the Seahawks are STILL a damn good team and we will be back next year. It's NOT ok, but what can we do about it now?

Life will go on...hopefully without Bevell in Seattle.

rideaducati

Reaction score
theascension":1ljfuz1i said:
Yeah unfortunately we could never get back. Marshawn could quit. We could blow the draft and not get a good WR or RB. You really never know. That's why this one hurts a lot.

Looks to me like they have a pretty damn good WR with Matthews.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
canhawkfan":3tl7e6ph said:
darell bevel must look everyone in the eye and say I cost us a ring.
that's it.
Except that he's already on record as saying that Lockette could have been stronger to the ball. Bus, meet player!

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
rjdriver":1jp45szb said:
That's what I'm seeing all over this board. I don't get it. I have loved this franchise since its inception. I am holding three crying children because they are so hurt and devastated.

I agree that this team will be damn good for a number of years, but it takes a lot if things rolling in your favor to make a Super Bowl. Injuries, momentum, the right calls , big plays. Super Bowls are extremely hard to make and win, but to be within feet of winning and literally give it away. There are no guarantees, this could be the last Super Bowl we play in. I hope above hope that I am wrong, but we just gave away a Super Bowl.

Much respect for those whose faith in the future helps with this loss. I have faith as well. Remember the Patriots hadn't won in 10 years. Don't expect these opportunities to come often, I want them to..... But......

I'm just so devasted right now. Maybe this is a crap post man. I'm just hurt.

Yeah...i'm not gonna lie..im sooo f*** annoyed I cant see into the future/next year...screw that. I don't wanna switch on the TV for the next few days to see that fake tooth twat talk about his legacy and all that Super Bowl winning s***

I am legit seetihng and I quite get why no one that I saw tonight was as annoyed as me!

deucediggity

Reaction score
It's not a crap post, some might have learned to deal with the pain that way. I did. I've never felt so bad after as I did after XL. I never wanted to feel like that again over a game. So, I try to let it go as soon as possible. Better that way for me.

Exittium

Reaction score
They're not hard to make if you play in an incredibly weak division, and owners best friends with the comish

jake206

Reaction score
I understand your perspective. I'd prolly feel worse if I saw it with kids. But to me it all depends on how the team take this loss. That's why I like listening to post-game interviews after losses. Disappointment and loss define a person/team's character. Let's me know why I like the players/coaches on this team. Resiliency and good life lessons.

motivated87

Reaction score
We might not ever make it back. so yeah hold the optimism. cant play in every super bowl.