Sorry, I don't get the "It's OK , we will be back next year"

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I have to say I choose to be an optimist, true the history of the Hawks has been a lot of heat-break but when Pete arrived and infused the positive vibes into this franchise, we turned around and have had one of the best three year runs in history.

True it's tough to make these games and win them but that's what makes winning them so sweet and I wouldn't have it any other way.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Loss is absolutely brutal. But all I ever wanted as a Seahawks fan is one Super Bowl title. This one would have been amazing, but in the end, icing on the cake. I've been a fan since I was six, in 1991. I've seen so many ups and downs can drive myself crazy about games like tonight. The only thing to do right now is enjoy the journey and embrace the next step, which is next season. It was a great season that ended poorly, there have been many worse, but only one that was better.

seahawks08

Reaction score
rjdriver":1n3t9vn9 said:
That's what I'm seeing all over this board. I don't get it. I have loved this franchise since its inception. I am holding three crying children because they are so hurt and devastated.

I agree that this team will be damn good for a number of years, but it takes a lot if things rolling in your favor to make a Super Bowl. Injuries, momentum, the right calls , big plays. Super Bowls are extremely hard to make and win, but to be within feet of winning and literally give it away. There are no guarantees, this could be the last Super Bowl we play in. I hope above hope that I am wrong, but we just gave away a Super Bowl.

Much respect for those whose faith in the future helps with this loss. I have faith as well. Remember the Patriots hadn't won in 10 years. Don't expect these opportunities to come often, I want them to..... But......

I'm just so devasted right now. Maybe this is a crap post man. I'm just hurt.

I understand the pain, but what else can we do, pack up and leave, or be optimistic and go for it next year? There is nothing wrong is being positive.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
KatarHol":33v7j4jl said:
Teach your kids some perspective.

They're 5,8, and 11. They get emotional when they are tired.

Classy post man.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Team isn't strong enough at WR to balance the offense....if we are fair about it, 37-50 is what Brady's line was.....with 2 INT's....not a lot of help with Avril, Mebane, Lane and Jordan Hill injury eventually came back to bite us and leaving Simon on a smaller quicker elusive WR like Edelman is ripe for the picking.

Draft and find a real WR, sign Maxwell and draft a top CB and find a legitimate option to trade for at WR.....Schneider passed on offering a high pick for a Vincent Jackson type of player, who makes way too much money, but realistically, no one and I mean no one watched the 1st 20 minutes of this game with a good feeling on how we did offensively....we essentially played 2 decent quarters of football and if not for a miracle catch, we would have been hard pressed to get to the redzone.

The playcall was horrific, but realistically, it was really the defense and injuries that piled up on the DL and with Lane that opened the door.....Simon for all his hype and size, isn't a good enough player at this level and figure on this last point.

IF you are Russell Wilson and you have limited offensive weapons and the team is built around defense and running the football, you probably can shave off 5M a year off the salary he would have captured if we won going away....the improvement of the roster is inevitable, the prime of the team is here and Seattle will get back....teams that don't get back are aging and lack the defense to get the roster built around a great QB.....Seattle and Wilson will let us know if this is about money or about rings....Wilson doesn't need 20M a year and you cannot get elite WR's in via trade or FA....

Norwood and PRichardson are either non factors or injured and neither cannot be counted on for anything significant next year.....Kearse as a FA and your choice of Walters as a punt returner.......Lockette as a hybrid special teams guy and OR thinking you can fast track Matthews into a starting WR.....You can make a run at Randall Cobb of the Packers and kill two birds with one stone....weaken the Packers and strengthen the Seahawks.....OR you find and come up with a legitimate trade for a size and playmaking WR.....

I don't think you can roll the dice and draft another WR that is a high pick, because you would be obligated to play that player and keep him on the roster....I think it's going to be via trade....

Sign Wagner, Maxwell, Wilson on a discount and reload......if you are looking for mutliple championships over an extended period of time, this is the formula needed.....may not look like it tonight, but there isn't a better roster or team built to get back and win more titles and that is the case regardless of tonights result.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I understand your angst. I'm dreading going to work tomorrow where undoubtedly everyone will want to talk about the game. And just imagine how the team feels.

Still, feeling lousy won't change the outcome. This is still a great team. What's next?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rjdriver":2yua7txe said:
That's what I'm seeing all over this board. I don't get it. I have loved this franchise since its inception. I am holding three crying children because they are so hurt and devastated.

I agree that this team will be damn good for a number of years, but it takes a lot if things rolling in your favor to make a Super Bowl. Injuries, momentum, the right calls , big plays. Super Bowls are extremely hard to make and win, but to be within feet of winning and literally give it away. There are no guarantees, this could be the last Super Bowl we play in. I hope above hope that I am wrong, but we just gave away a Super Bowl.

Much respect for those whose faith in the future helps with this loss. I have faith as well. Remember the Patriots hadn't won in 10 years. Don't expect these opportunities to come often, I want them to..... But......

I'm just so devasted right now. Maybe this is a crap post man. I'm just hurt.

What choices do we have? Fire Bevell? I'd say that's up to JS and PC. Jump off a bridge over a football game? Sorry, that's not an option for me.

Look forward to next season? Why not?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
No matter how many Super Bowls the Hawks win from here on out, we will always know they should have had one more ring. That doesn't get erased just because they win one again.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
As a Ram fan, I can tell you first hand that feeling of complacency can lead to greater pain later. I don't wish going off into the abyss like we did on anybody... except NE.

Not even SF because I like have a well respected division.

Tough finish, SEA fans. I am also pissed and perplexed. I have to get up for work soon and can't sleep.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
No guarantee with anything and the NFC has more strong teams. But I'd be surprised if RW doesn't win another SB so as long as you keep him you'll be up there.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":a0mmtyx0 said:
I don't blame you. RIght now I'm calm, but I"m going to be up and down emotionally all week about this, maybe longer.

We HAD this game, and one poor play call blew it. Admittedly, it was a great play by the DB, but that call never should have been made.

:thirishdrinkers:

Cheers and a love. Everything you wrote is true.

I will not be able to understand this game from a Hawk fan perspective, but - that last play sucked.

Much love to all Hawk fans.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Because what else can you do? When s**t hits the fan and you almost accomplish your main goal, you look to the future and envision getting there again and winning it the next time. It's only human nature

gulliver

Reaction score
I like the OP. Nothing wrong with the sentiment.

I agree that I just don't understand the people who have already recovered and are talking about next year before the loss is even 12 hours old. Many of us fans have invested countless hours, thousands of dollars and cardiac fits into this team in 2014-15 alone. Losing the way we did is like a shock divorce or something. I question (and envy) how invested a person is if they are able to shake it off before their head hits the pillow.

Folks, in all likelihood, we are NOT going back to the SB next year. Or the year after that. Or for the next 5 years. I'd like to believe we are, but we take it for granted now, having gone twice in the last couple of years. It could be 30-40 years before our next ring. This is not easy, and you have to understand we may--but probably will NOT--get this chance again in the near future.

DHawk

Reaction score
I wish I could be that way. I might have actually slept last night. This one just... ugh.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NFC West weaker next year.

Still nobody in that conference who can match up to us.

We will make additions in the off-season.

Believe.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
rjdriver":2vvolv7a said:

Same hear with my 12-year old. He’s lying on the couch clutching his Seahawks helmet to his chest, while my wife and I are yelling at the TV, “why didn’t you run?”, and then he stands up and runs over and jumps on my lap crying heavily. That hurt more than the loss. Best I could tell him, is that this is what makes Football such an exciting game to watch, and that we just watched one of the most exciting SB ever .

CPHawk

Reaction score
razor150":3w3p03i4 said:
Dan Marino went to 1 Super Bowl in his career, his 2nd season. He said the same thing. You have to win them when you have the chance, there is no next year. Nothing is guaranteed.

Dan Marini wasn't in the 2nd youngest team, with a stud RB and the top D in the NFL.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Let's all gather around a pool of spilt milk and lament about what could have been. :roll:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
KatarHol":2uimcmcv said:
Teach your kids some perspective.

Of all the crazy, irrational, knee jerk posts that come after losing a game of this magnitude the way we did, this is by far the dumbest one I've ever seen. Parent your own damn kids.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
They aren't even our rings. As fans, we didn't accomplish anything.

Football is meant to entertain us and make us emote until we eventually die.

I would say this season gave me thrills, very high highs, and low lows.

In other words, it gave me a great range of the human emotional experience - which is more than I can ask for from something I am not personally involved in.

The second I stop crying after losses like these and cheer after wins like last year's is the day I move on to something else.