Sorry, I don't get the "It's OK , we will be back next year"

Slick

Reaction score
I'm going to systematically post pictures of kittens in threads like this.

himalayan-kittens.jpg

ptisme

Reaction score
What a weird playoffs for the NFC:
Dal beats Det in a tough loss for the loser.
GB beats Dal in a ....
Sea beats GB in a .......
NE beats SEA in a .....

Crazy!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":g1ng3dml said:
Yes. It sucks. But its a game. What really sucks is that tomorrow I have to go back to fighting my school board to integrate my disabled child in a regular school class room. A win would have suspended that reality for a few more hours. A loss, means I can not forget about this reality for a little longer.

Fight on Brother! Better luck with the school board! :les:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Not a crap post at all, we all feel bad.

But I like some others look at this another way...

Consider all the fans out there that have a team that has never even been in the SB, let alone been there 3 times and won it once!

I feel damned fortunate to be a fan of such a great "ELITE" team as our beloved Hawks!!

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
No team in over 40 years has ever lost a Super Bowl and then come back to win it. 72 Dolphins last to do it. Its a nice thought though

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is what people who have no idea about football say, and I heard a lot of the "it's ok, we'll win next year!" from all the idiots at the party I went to (mainly the finer gender)......probably because they've only been Hawk fans for like 18 months.

It takes too much talent, effort and a lot of luck, game wise and injury wise to win in the NFL. To think we're just gonna roll back in the SB year after year is naive at best, and downright idiotic at worst.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":1sr0nc7m said:
No team in over 40 years has ever lost a Super Bowl and then come back to win it. 72 Dolphins last to do it. Its a nice thought though

Might as well not even try then.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The biggest issue I have is that it feels like we pissed away probably the best ever come back in a championship game, then pissed away maybe the best ever catch in a Super Bowl.

I've been a fan all my life, and the only years I don't have recollection are the first few in the franchise's history. I don't ever remember events coming together like they did for us this year.

Think about it: We went on an incredible run to not just make the playoffs, but win the division. SF had a really off year, they might be better next year. Arizona went through a unprecedented string of injuries at the QB position, which probably won't happen again. The Rams are steadily getting better. Then, we still couldn't get HFA as one of the teams in contention beat us (Cowboys), then we had a 3 way tie to erase that tie breaker. Then, GB lost at Buffalo to hand us the HFA.

All those things are unlikely to happen again. We pissed it away and no one can convince me other wise.

strohmin

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ipta8gz said:
The biggest issue I have is that it feels like we pissed away probably the best ever come back in a championship game, then pissed away maybe the best ever catch in a Super Bowl.

I've been a fan all my life, and the only years I don't have recollection are the first few in the franchise's history. I don't ever remember events coming together like they did for us this year.

Think about it: We went on an incredible run to not just make the playoffs, but win the division. SF had a really off year, they might be better next year. Arizona went through a unprecedented string of injuries at the QB position, which probably won't happen again. The Rams are steadily getting better. Then, we still couldn't get HFA as one of the teams in contention beat us (Cowboys), then we had a 3 way tie to erase that tie breaker. Then, GB lost at Buffalo to hand us the HFA.

All those things are unlikely to happen again. We pissed it away and no one can convince me other wise.

This is exactly what pisses me off about yesterday. Its one thing to win a superbowl or even repeat, but to go through what we did and have the opportunity to cap it off with a victory and celebrate the way we could have???????? AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! Its going to take at least 5 superbowls to make me forget about this loss.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't get the mentality that every year that you follow a team is pointless unless they win a Super Bowl.

Statistically, the odds of doing it are so low that you are just setting yourself up to waste all your time and energy. There are other entertaining aspects of football. Watching the players develop year-to-year, the coaching chess matches, the exciting finishes of individual matchups. Pouring over the X&Os every year, seeing where the team gets better, seeing where they need more work. When they win a championship, I am overjoyed for the players and coaches I follow. If they lose, I feel bad for them, not myself. I'm not the one out there accomplishing anything.

So, yes, next year does give us an opportunity to do this all over again. Some people say we pissed away an opportunity. Others will say we were lucky to even be there. Whatever. Neither answer is wrong. I know how I enjoy following sports; it's up to everyone else to have their own style, I guess.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
gulliver":2suubvov said:
I like the OP. Nothing wrong with the sentiment.

I agree that I just don't understand the people who have already recovered and are talking about next year before the loss is even 12 hours old. Many of us fans have invested countless hours, thousands of dollars and cardiac fits into this team in 2014-15 alone. Losing the way we did is like a shock divorce or something. I question (and envy) how invested a person is if they are able to shake it off before their head hits the pillow.

Folks, in all likelihood, we are NOT going back to the SB next year. Or the year after that. Or for the next 5 years. I'd like to believe we are, but we take it for granted now, having gone twice in the last couple of years. It could be 30-40 years before our next ring. This is not easy, and you have to understand we may--but probably will NOT--get this chance again in the near future.

Eh, in all likelihood, we weren't going to the SB THIS year. All the indicators suggested that we'd be lucky to even make the playoffs.

I truly hope that our team is following a path similar to the one taken by the team we just played. The Pats have been contenders every season with very few exceptions since the Belichick/Brady tandem really took hold. They've managed to stay on top, and there's no reason that the Hawks can't do the same. After the Pats' first SB win, they missed the postseason entirely. But they returned to post back-to-back SB wins.

Clearly, getting to the SB is an incredibly difficult thing for a team to do. But the teams that seem to do it more regularly are the ones with better talent, better coaching, more stability, and the will to do so. I think Seattle can be one of those teams, and see no reason that they can't contend every year while we have our core guys in place. Does that mean I expect the team to return to the SB next year? No, of course I don't expect it. But I believe wholeheartedly that the team is talented enough to make the playoffs, and that anything can happen from there.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
This loss hurts.. bad.... do I think we have a shot next year? yes I do, but nothing is for sure.. way to many what ifs... hell NE has been to the AFC title game the last 4 years and this is their first win in 10... nothing is for sure in the NFL.... no matter if we win anymore.. we will always say we should of had 1 more. :?