St. Louis Rams Owner Ready To Move To LA

NFLFan45

Reaction score
Put me in the camp of thinking it's a leverage move.

I know I know, I'm "delusional" but I just think Stan is trying to get the best deal in STL he can.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":2xe1u3n4 said:
Like old times.
Growing up in Washington back in the 1960s and 70s before the Seahawks, it seemed like there were 3 teams that Washingtonians liked - The Vikings, The Packers, or the LA Rams. I liked the Rams back in the days of Roman Gabriel , Jack Youngblood, Jack Snow. Even had a Rams gym bag I took to Jr. High. Had a choice between two high schools, Stadium and Wilson but I chose Wilson because that was their Mascot.

But that love ended in 1977 when I went to my first Seahawk game. I would welcome them back to the west coast, but I'm all Seahawks.
Interesting,in the 70's I remember seeing the Vikings on local tv and the Raiders..I was a Raiders fan before the Hawks came..Glad the Hawks came along..

candyman4881

Reaction score
RedAlice":b1tbp9k8 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":b1tbp9k8 said:
Playmaker21":b1tbp9k8 said:
I live here in the St.Louis area. Realistic Rams fans (what is left of them) have felt that Stan Kroenke would move the team since he bought the majority steak in the team in 2010. And to be honest, L.A. can have them. Just like when the Rams left LA for St.Louis, the Rams organization is a joke. It's been since the 2003 season since they had a winning season. And since 2004 since they made the playoffs. They had the worst 5 year record in NFL history from 2007-2011. They have drafted terrible. They have spent hundreds of millions in free agency in the past 10 years just to see their investments bust.

They have a Head Coach in Jeff Fisher who has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Tennessee Titans. He has only 2 winning seasons in his past 10 years as a head coach. His last playoff win as a Head Coach was the 2003 season. Yet he is given free reign with no pressure to succeed because their owner views the Rams as a revenue source. Just like he does all of his sports franchises. As long as Kroenke is the Rams owner, they will never have success because he is just there to collect the hundreds of millions from the NFL television deals and revenue sharing from all the rest of the NFL franchises. The Rams have turned into the 1990's Kansas City Royals in that matter. He is an absentee owner who doesn't care about winning or losing.

There has been an alienation the past few years by the Rams organization here in the St.Louis area. They have already cancelled their fan fest for 2015. Their players have a gag order on them and have done little to no media stuff all year. Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, and their COO Kevin Demoff used to do a lot of media stuff here. This past season they were all invisible.

Do I care if the Rams leave? No. They have been so woeful here that in 20 seasons in St.Louis they have given this city 4 winning seasons.
Damn, that was an awesome and savage post. Way to cultivate Clay-Bennett level hate amongst your own fanbase, Rams ownership. What a waste.

When I am in St. Louis, I am there to see the Rams. Was for pre-season last year, normally is for regular season games. This dude seems pretty much on par person for person who I meet in St. Louis.

Why do you think I want my team out of a city who hates them so much?????

St. Louis fans are the WORST fans in the NFL. They absolutely suck.

As a Rams fan living in St Louis, I take HIGH offense to what you typed. Get over yourself.

As Playmaker typed out, the number of winning seasons since the Rams moving to St Louis is 4....FOUR in 20 seasons. Is this the city's or fanbase's fault? The fact the team still sells out 88% capacity without a winning season in over 10 years (2003) with an owner that obviously wants to move the team out of the city should be commended.

I would love to see the support the LA market would give a team under similar circumstances.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
candyman4881":3b4vkyaf said:
RedAlice":3b4vkyaf said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3b4vkyaf said:
Playmaker21":3b4vkyaf said:
I live here in the St.Louis area. Realistic Rams fans (what is left of them) have felt that Stan Kroenke would move the team since he bought the majority steak in the team in 2010. And to be honest, L.A. can have them. Just like when the Rams left LA for St.Louis, the Rams organization is a joke. It's been since the 2003 season since they had a winning season. And since 2004 since they made the playoffs. They had the worst 5 year record in NFL history from 2007-2011. They have drafted terrible. They have spent hundreds of millions in free agency in the past 10 years just to see their investments bust.

They have a Head Coach in Jeff Fisher who has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Tennessee Titans. He has only 2 winning seasons in his past 10 years as a head coach. His last playoff win as a Head Coach was the 2003 season. Yet he is given free reign with no pressure to succeed because their owner views the Rams as a revenue source. Just like he does all of his sports franchises. As long as Kroenke is the Rams owner, they will never have success because he is just there to collect the hundreds of millions from the NFL television deals and revenue sharing from all the rest of the NFL franchises. The Rams have turned into the 1990's Kansas City Royals in that matter. He is an absentee owner who doesn't care about winning or losing.

There has been an alienation the past few years by the Rams organization here in the St.Louis area. They have already cancelled their fan fest for 2015. Their players have a gag order on them and have done little to no media stuff all year. Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, and their COO Kevin Demoff used to do a lot of media stuff here. This past season they were all invisible.

Do I care if the Rams leave? No. They have been so woeful here that in 20 seasons in St.Louis they have given this city 4 winning seasons.
Damn, that was an awesome and savage post. Way to cultivate Clay-Bennett level hate amongst your own fanbase, Rams ownership. What a waste.

When I am in St. Louis, I am there to see the Rams. Was for pre-season last year, normally is for regular season games. This dude seems pretty much on par person for person who I meet in St. Louis.

Why do you think I want my team out of a city who hates them so much?????

St. Louis fans are the WORST fans in the NFL. They absolutely suck.

As a Rams fan living in St Louis, I take HIGH offense to what you typed. Get over yourself.

As Playmaker typed out, the number of winning seasons since the Rams moving to St Louis is 4....FOUR in 20 seasons. Is this the city's or fanbase's fault? The fact the team still sells out 88% capacity without a winning season in over 10 years (2003) with an owner that obviously wants to move the team out of the city should be commended.

I would love to see the support the LA market would give a team under similar circumstances.....

Candyman: I take HIGH offense to your offense.

My OPINIONS are MINE. They are my total and honest personal opinions based on my experience going to St. Louis. My time, my money, my effort. My time spent in a city who seems to HATE the RAMS who I LOVE.

This is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

I spend my $$$$ to go watch the Rams play. I buy expensive tickets behind the bench. I have put in my time in St. Louis and my opinion is my experience.

Oh, and: I spend my $$$$ even for this losing team. I LOVE them. through and through. St. Louis does not.

RedAlice

Reaction score
BTW, in the interest of free trade and all: I post as Red Alice on all nfl team websites. There is one me: me. I say what I think and that will never change. I am not a homer, I do love my team. I hate St. Louis with a massive fiery hatred. I love the Rams and them being in Los Angeles where they BELONG.

There is only one team whose fans hate me: Rams. My team has the weakest fan base right now. It will change when they move home.

If they don't move home, then I am forced to visit midwest hell hole forever. And I will, cuz I love my babies.

But, IF they come home: haha.

I reposted a comment from here, the OP of this thread to the St. Louis board and I got slaughtered:

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/vie ... 8&start=24

candyman4881

Reaction score
So you attack a city calling it a "hell hole" and considers St Louis the worst fan base and you are surprised someone called you out? The Rams "home" is where they currently are, in St Louis. If they move to LA, then that will be the new "home". Some of you LA fans constantly put down St Louis and act like we are second class citizens. That is what I take HIGH offense to. I also don't get the spending $$$$ on the team somehow makes you a better fan than others (I am a season ticket holder since 2010 btw) so I don't get the innuendo that your opinion matters more since you have spent $$$$ as you put it.

I am resigned to the fact that the team is probably moving unfortunately however I am curious to see what the turnout will be if the Rams dont make the playoffs or have a winning season in 10+ years in LA

Finally, telling me to go XXXXmyself is classless.....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anybody else feeling oddly patriotic after reading RedAlice's rant about that "midwest hell hole"?

:salute:

I'm not sure I can agree that Rams fans are the worst as far as team support goes, the 49ers fans emptying out Levi's during the 3rd quarter of half their games this year would seem to put them at the top of that list, but the city of St. Louis sure doesn't seem very supportive of the Rams overall from what I can tell, for sure.

RedAlice

Reaction score
candyman4881":2ovcnzmt said:
So you attack a city calling it a "hell hole" and considers St Louis the worst fan base and you are surprised someone called you out? The Rams "home" is where they currently are, in St Louis. If they move to LA, then that will be the new "home". Some of you LA fans constantly put down St Louis and act like we are second class citizens. That is what I take HIGH offense to. I also don't get the spending $$$$ on the team somehow makes you a better fan than others (I am a season ticket holder since 2010 btw) so I don't get the innuendo that your opinion matters more since you have spent $$$$ as you put it.

I am resigned to the fact that the team is probably moving unfortunately however I am curious to see what the turnout will be if the Rams dont make the playoffs or have a winning season in 10+ years in LA

I sincerely and in the true spirit of respect for someone else who loves the same team I love: apologize for the xxxx comment. I have deleted it and regret getting upset in the moment.

Candyman, I will forever respect you as a true Rams fan. On topics re: the Rams.

As to St. Louis: we will have to agree to disagree. I respect that you spend your $$ owning season tickets. I am not allowed to own season tickets to my team, because Georgia moved them to the midwest hell hole (and I will never apologize for that name calling - it is).

I spend as much or more than you visiting my team.

We both love them. I am sorry for the personal attack. My opinion of St. Louis is based on my personal time there. IF I found the same support for the Rams in St. Louis that i find for the Eagles in Philadelphia: I would be your biggest supporter on why the Rams should stay in that hell hole.

I LOVE the way PHILLY supports their team.

oh, and I do not now nor have I ever lived in Los Angeles. I hate LA. I live in San Diego.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27fnnfoa said:
RedAlice":27fnnfoa said:
Throwing batteries at their own players and booing Santa Claus?

When I was there to see them play the Rams: they loved on me.

Really, that city defines what I call team support and love. I am so jealous. I want my team to be as loved as the Eagles are. I have been to two games now: all amazing.

At the end of the Rams@Eagles game: Rams came back. I am first row behind the Rams bench. Surrounded by Eagles fans.

2 minutes to go.

They start pounding the chairs. Standing up chanting and yelling.

to me: Sorry Rams fan! We love you but we have to beat you!!!

No hatred. Nothing mean. Respect the whole game. Love the Eagles's fans. Yes, I want that level of support for my Rams. And yes, I rep the Rams in enemy territory.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I was just flippin' you crap since Philly fans have been responsible for like, half of the most embarrassing sports fan moments in history. ;)

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33esxlg8 said:
I was just flippin' you crap since Philly fans have been responsible for like, half of the most embarrassing sports fan moments in history. ;)

Hmmm, well they were nice to me.

I was also at the snow game v Detroit and those fans are intense. huge respect.

Same like as Seattle fans respect. I just hate when I go to St. Louis and everyone one I talk to hates the Rams and loves that baseball team. Annoys me.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38uv6oh1 said:
I've never attended a sporting event in Philly, so I have no personal experience with it, but a good friend of mine who is a Philly born-and-raised Eagles fan admits that he thinks their fans are the worst so I take him at his word, considering some of the stuff they've done.

I will personally take my personal I was there experience as better fact of what I know over your friend.

Thank you very much.

btw: I intend to specifically attend many more sports events in Philly simply because I find their fans so fun. Going to hockey in a couple weeks. I love that town for their team support. I might be a secret Philly fan soon.

candyman4881

Reaction score
RedAlice":2vejhii9 said:
candyman4881":2vejhii9 said:

I sincerely and in the true spirit of respect for someone else who loves the same team I love: apologize for the xxxx comment. I have deleted it and regret getting upset in the moment.

Candyman, I will forever respect you as a true Rams fan. On topics re: the Rams.

As to St. Louis: we will have to agree to disagree. I respect that you spend your $$ owning season tickets. I am not allowed to own season tickets to my team, because Georgia moved them to the midwest hell hole (and I will never apologize for that name calling - it is).

We both love them. I am sorry for the personal attack. My opinion of St. Louis is based on my personal time there. IF I found the same support for the Rams in St. Louis that i find for the Eagles in Philadelphia: I would be your biggest supporter on why the Rams should stay in that hell hole.

oh, and I do not now nor have I ever lived in Los Angeles. I hate LA. I live in San Diego.

Thank you for the apology, even though your comment about spending more than me is irrelevant, it doesn't make someone a better fan because they spend more money on the team ( even though I believe your comment is false....)

Obviously I am biased, but I don't think many cities would support the crap the Rams have put out there for over a decade. The last Rams playoff win? At Seattle in 2004....

Other cities with much better teams have had issues over the years. Cincinnati had to request extensions to avoid blackouts, Green Bay did the same for a playoff game vs the 49ers lady year, and even Pittsburgh drew 45,000 vs the Bengals on Sunday night football in 2013 in week 15 when the steelers were still in playoff contention.....

I don't think LA supports this team better than St. Louis. They might for the first few years, but look at Lakers games now that Kobe is out and the team sucks.....

I think there are 2 issues with the Rams:
- the stadium ( which will be resolved one way or another in the next year)
- the owner - I don't believe Kroenke cares if the team wins or loses (look at his other teams) just as an asset for his investment portfolio

RedAlice

Reaction score
candyman4881":34pzy0uh said:
RedAlice":34pzy0uh said:
candyman4881":34pzy0uh said:

Thank you for the apology, even though your comment about spending more than me is irrelevant, it doesn't make someone a better fan because they spend more money on the team ( even though I believe your comment is false....)

Obviously I am biased, but I don't think many cities would support the crap the Rams have put out there for over a decade. The last Rams playoff win? At Seattle in 2004....

Other cities with much better teams have had issues over the years. Cincinnati had to request extensions to avoid blackouts, Green Bay did the same for a playoff game vs the 49ers lady year, and even Pittsburgh drew 45,000 vs the Bengals on Sunday night football in 2013 in week 15 when the steelers were still in playoff contention.....

I don't think LA supports this team better than St. Louis. They might for the first few years, but look at Lakers games now that Kobe is out and the team sucks.....

I think there are 2 issues with the Rams:
- the stadium ( which will be resolved one way or another in the next year)
- the owner - I don't believe Kroenke cares if the team wins or loses (look at his other teams) just as an asset for his investment portfolio

I might love you Candy. You seem more reasonable than any one I have experienced in St. Louis. Sorry if I come across crass.

I don't live in LA. I actually hate LA. I live in San Diego and grew up in AZ. I have no answer for what LA will support, I give not two fingers to what LA does or does not do.

I want my team back home so I can own season tickets. I want my team home so my business can involve the team I love. I have been to St. Louis many times now and am not happy with what I find there in regards to Ram support. St. Louis in general does not love the Rams.

If you own decent season seats, you prolly spend close to what I do each year to see 5 Rams games. My boyfriend this year convicned me that I should stop spending my money in St. Louis so I travelled to see my games this year with the exception of the Packer pre-season game which was a surprise present to me from him.

After that he said: If you don't like St. Louis, then go see them play in other cities.

GREAT advice that I followed.

IF RAMS FANS had been welcoming to me: I woulda gone there. ST. LOUIS Rams fans are not welcoming.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Candyman: What is your home board?

I am banned from anywhere Avenger chose to ban me.

I have yet to see a good Rams board.

getnasty

Reaction score
If the Rams put the same product on the field they have for the last 10 years in LA, that place will be a ghost town in no time.

RedAlice

Reaction score
getnasty":2fz4hz86 said:
If the Rams put the same product on the field they have for the last 10 years in LA, that place will be a ghost town in no time.

Exactly. Hence why the move will be a huge marketing NFL big deal. And....hence why the Rams do not have a QB for the year BEFORE they move to LA.

Get ready for the NFL marketing ..... it will not be now. But when it happens, hold on.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Warner and Pace both missed the HOF.

Nothing good will happen for the Rams right now.

When it is announced ths time next year that they are moving to LA - let the spin start.

Latest posts