St. Louis Rams Owner Ready To Move To LA

RedAlice

Reaction score
We probably won't know until next year, but either option seems viable currently.

This San Diego Union Tribune article has all of the current facts and rumors, and is probably one of the most un-biased reports on everything. Is long, but if you're interested in the topic it's a good read.

The Kroenke - Stockbridge group is starting the process of getting 8k sigs from Inglewood's registered voters in order to possibly slide in with an adopt rather than a public vote. If Kroenke can get the public vote skipped, this likely moves fast.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jan ... s-stadium/

Spanos is stalking Kroenke.

RedAlice

Reaction score
On nfl.com, mixed in with all the Pats headlines.....looks like this could be getting closer to maybe possibly happening. I didn't think they would release anything else until after the SB.

"After two decades away, the NFL is closer than it has ever been to returning to Los Angeles.

And after so many false starts since the Raiders and Rams bolted at the end of the 1994 season, one league source said, "We're beginning to see the goal line."

The early January announcement that Rams owner Stan Kroenke is planning an extravagant Inglewood stadium sent shockwaves through NFL circles, but -- according to those with direct knowledge of the proceedings -- was met with quiet applause at the league office, which has been waiting for a powerful plan like this one to get behind. And despite St. Louis and Missouri officials responding quickly with their own stadium vision, the momentum here has very clearly shifted west."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -la-return

Also, they submitted 20k signatures from Inglewood to the city council today for verification to either get the zoning approved or have it put on the ballot. They need 8k to be valid to move forward. They collected these in 3 weeks time.

korboko

Reaction score
Stan Kroenke shouldn't be the villain. I mean, isn't he just making a wrong... right? The Rams were taken from LA and now he's taking it back.

RedAlice

Reaction score
korboko":1erpwhle said:
Stan Kroenke shouldn't be the villain. I mean, isn't he just making a wrong... right? The Rams were taken from LA and now he's taking it back.

He's not a villian. Well, maybe to those who live in St. Louis.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1brm7d06 said:
korboko":1brm7d06 said:

He's not a villian.

I beg to differ, he wants locking for crimes against humanity for his hair alone.

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3b34fp4v said:
RedAlice":3b34fp4v said:
korboko":3b34fp4v said:

He's not a villian.

I beg to differ, he wants locking for crimes against humanity for his hair alone.

You may not differ, begging or not. He can die his hair purple, shave it off or grow an afro for all I care as long as he moves my team back home.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":2b6jhqe0 said:
You may not differ, begging or not. He can die his hair purple, shave it off or grow an afro for all I care as long as he moves my team back home.

Cleveland????

RedAlice

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1s6oi5ms said:
RedAlice":1s6oi5ms said:

Cleveland????

Cleveland is where they were born. It is not where they were raised or where their home is.

LIke me, I was born in Arizona, but my home is in San Diego.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Like old times.
Growing up in Washington back in the 1960s and 70s before the Seahawks, it seemed like there were 3 teams that Washingtonians liked - The Vikings, The Packers, or the LA Rams. I liked the Rams back in the days of Roman Gabriel , Jack Youngblood, Jack Snow. Even had a Rams gym bag I took to Jr. High. Had a choice between two high schools, Stadium and Wilson but I chose Wilson because that was their Mascot.

But that love ended in 1977 when I went to my first Seahawk game. I would welcome them back to the west coast, but I'm all Seahawks.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
I live here in the St.Louis area. Realistic Rams fans (what is left of them) have felt that Stan Kroenke would move the team since he bought the majority steak in the team in 2010. And to be honest, L.A. can have them. Just like when the Rams left LA for St.Louis, the Rams organization is a joke. It's been since the 2003 season since they had a winning season. And since 2004 since they made the playoffs. They had the worst 5 year record in NFL history from 2007-2011. They have drafted terrible. They have spent hundreds of millions in free agency in the past 10 years just to see their investments bust.

They have a Head Coach in Jeff Fisher who has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Tennessee Titans. He has only 2 winning seasons in his past 10 years as a head coach. His last playoff win as a Head Coach was the 2003 season. Yet he is given free reign with no pressure to succeed because their owner views the Rams as a revenue source. Just like he does all of his sports franchises. As long as Kroenke is the Rams owner, they will never have success because he is just there to collect the hundreds of millions from the NFL television deals and revenue sharing from all the rest of the NFL franchises. The Rams have turned into the 1990's Kansas City Royals in that matter. He is an absentee owner who doesn't care about winning or losing.

There has been an alienation the past few years by the Rams organization here in the St.Louis area. They have already cancelled their fan fest for 2015. Their players have a gag order on them and have done little to no media stuff all year. Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, and their COO Kevin Demoff used to do a lot of media stuff here. This past season they were all invisible.

Do I care if the Rams leave? No. They have been so woeful here that in 20 seasons in St.Louis they have given this city 4 winning seasons.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Playmaker21":wu91v5dx said:
I live here in the St.Louis area. Realistic Rams fans (what is left of them) have felt that Stan Kroenke would move the team since he bought the majority steak in the team in 2010. And to be honest, L.A. can have them. Just like when the Rams left LA for St.Louis, the Rams organization is a joke. It's been since the 2003 season since they had a winning season. And since 2004 since they made the playoffs. They had the worst 5 year record in NFL history from 2007-2011. They have drafted terrible. They have spent hundreds of millions in free agency in the past 10 years just to see their investments bust.

They have a Head Coach in Jeff Fisher who has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Tennessee Titans. He has only 2 winning seasons in his past 10 years as a head coach. His last playoff win as a Head Coach was the 2003 season. Yet he is given free reign with no pressure to succeed because their owner views the Rams as a revenue source. Just like he does all of his sports franchises. As long as Kroenke is the Rams owner, they will never have success because he is just there to collect the hundreds of millions from the NFL television deals and revenue sharing from all the rest of the NFL franchises. The Rams have turned into the 1990's Kansas City Royals in that matter. He is an absentee owner who doesn't care about winning or losing.

There has been an alienation the past few years by the Rams organization here in the St.Louis area. They have already cancelled their fan fest for 2015. Their players have a gag order on them and have done little to no media stuff all year. Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, and their COO Kevin Demoff used to do a lot of media stuff here. This past season they were all invisible.

Do I care if the Rams leave? No. They have been so woeful here that in 20 seasons in St.Louis they have given this city 4 winning seasons.
Damn, that was an awesome and savage post. Way to cultivate Clay-Bennett level hate amongst your own fanbase, Rams ownership. What a waste.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1tm5zx2p said:
Damn, that was an awesome and savage post. Way to cultivate Clay-Bennett level hate amongst your own fanbase, Rams ownership. What a waste.

Ya, it is bad. I feel bad for the people in this city because this will be the 2nd NFL franchise to leave in a 30 year span. People hate Kroenke here. I have friends that work in the Rams office. When Kroenke took over he started running the place like Wal-Mart (which is where his wife made her money). He laid off a bunch of long time employees with big salaries. He also dropped everyones health insurance and made them go out and pay out of their pocket for their own insurance. He also does everything as cheap as possible and sees everyone as replaceable. Moral is at an all-time low there and they can not get quality assistants coaches to come in.

They will likely move in 2016, so the 2015 season will be a lame duck season here. I imagine they will have a hard time getting 10,000 every home game. The majority of the crowd will be opposing teams fans.

korboko

Reaction score
RedAlice":3sg2ekcf said:

What if the new LA Rams couldn't have St. Louis' history including it's single championship? I'm assuming you wouldn't care.

Kinda like the new Charlotte Hornets have no record of it's history in New Orleans.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I doubt that would happen since they'd be returning to LA, not leaving St. Louis for a totally new city.

Maulbert

Reaction score
korboko":1ka8ubpg said:
RedAlice":1ka8ubpg said:

What if the new LA Rams couldn't have St. Louis' history including it's single championship? I'm assuming you wouldn't care.

Kinda like the new Charlotte Hornets have no record of it's history in New Orleans.

The St. Louis Rams aren't grandfathered in like the Browns were. They've been itinerant for their entire existence. Their history goes with them.

korboko

Reaction score
Maulbert":2p47nzl3 said:
korboko":2p47nzl3 said:
RedAlice":2p47nzl3 said:

The St. Louis Rams aren't grandfathered in like the Browns were. They've been itinerant for their entire existence. Their history goes with them.

Kinda sucks for St. Louis fans than.

RedAlice

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":156kg04g said:
Playmaker21":156kg04g said:

When I am in St. Louis, I am there to see the Rams. Was for pre-season last year, normally is for regular season games. This dude seems pretty much on par person for person who I meet in St. Louis.

Why do you think I want my team out of a city who hates them so much?????

St. Louis fans are the WORST fans in the NFL. They absolutely suck.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":rzs2wkx7 said:
RedAlice should be giddy. Also, hurray for less travel time for the Seahawks starting in 2016 or 2017.

Red Alice is so annoyed by the constant back and forth on this topic.

I need one thing: an answer. Am I watching my beloved Rams in god-awful helll hole of the midwest for the rest of my life, or are they moving home where I can spend some serious money on season tickets??

No one knows and it's a circus.