St. Louis Rams Owner Ready To Move To LA

candyman4881

Reaction score
RedAlice":de0x12lq said:
Candyman: What is your home board?

I am banned from anywhere Avenger chose to ban me.

I have yet to see a good Rams board.

I honestly wish there were more fans like you. The fan base is torn right now with the LA vs St Louis thing. The sooner it gets resolved, the better.

I go back and forth between STLtoday, although it is insufferable right now, and Rams on demand, which basically forbids talk on the stadium issue.

There is no good Rams board right now.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
candyman4881":2yrb5qa2 said:
RedAlice":2yrb5qa2 said:
Candyman: What is your home board?

I am banned from anywhere Avenger chose to ban me.

I have yet to see a good Rams board.

I honestly wish there were more fans like you. The fan base is torn right now with the LA vs St Louis thing. The sooner it gets resolved, the better.

I go back and forth between STLtoday, although it is insufferable right now, and Rams on demand, which basically forbids talk on the stadium issue.

There is no good Rams board right now.....

Ok. Fair response.

I am going to put you in a bad position and ask you this:

Why did Rams On Demand ban me because of my argument on this board with Avenger? I have never posted at ROD, and I feel that I would be a good addition to the Rams fans there.

Avenger banned me from his site because of my argument on this board about my dislike of Bradford. Then ROD followed immediate.

Why?

To be clear: I think Avenger is an idiot. I will not hide that fact. I do not know why ROD has banned me for that opinion. I also think RamsFanz is an idiot.

I see what those two do on other teams boards constantly. It is embarrassing.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@ candy.

As soon as this LA/ST Louis thing is resolved.

Either way. If the team I LOVE with my whole being is going to be based in that place on the Mississippi River, then they immediate get my whole support.

I am going to love the Rams. There is NO issue about that. I LOVE THE RAMS. All in.

So, Once this is resolved, I am also going to spend $$$$$ to get a good website going. I do not give any bad word at all if I am hated by Rams fans - there will and MUST be a Rams fan board that is equal to what the Hawks have here.

It is just pure stupid there is not. And, I WILL interfere to create and or support one.

I am a RAMS FAN: and I am not going AWAY just cuz AVENGER hates me.. He can go hug his mommy.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
Red Alice, let me ask you this. The attendance fell sharply in the final several years in L.A. due to an inferior product on the field placed there by the Rams Ownership and front office.

Let's say they move to L.A., which I believe will be the case. What if the same losing and ineptitude continues with this organization? Stan Kroenke owns a team to make money. Not to win. Look at the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and the St.Louis Rams under his ownership. He is a throwback to owners in the 70's and 80's who were there to spend as little money possible and make as much money as possible.

I just wonder how many years it will take the L.A. crowd to tire of this as well?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Playmaker21":1sn0lsqr said:
Red Alice, let me ask you this. The attendance fell sharply in the final several years in L.A. due to an inferior product on the field placed there by the Rams Ownership and front office.

Let's say they move to L.A., which I believe will be the case. What if the same losing and ineptitude continues with this organization? Stan Kroenke owns a team to make money. Not to win. Look at the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and the St.Louis Rams under his ownership. He is a throwback to owners in the 70's and 80's who were there to spend as little money possible and make as much money as possible.

I just wonder how many years it will take the L.A. crowd to tire of this as well?

I dont live in LA. You sound like an LA hater: so, go enjoy that discussion on Rams Talk with all of your friends. I have no interest in your BS.

RedAlice

Reaction score
From the LA Times:

Stan Kroenke won't be empty handed this week when he arrives at the NFL owners meetings in Arizona.

The St. Louis Rams owner will be packing finished schematic plans for the world's most interactive and integrated football stadium, a futuristic, $1.86-billion, privately financed venue proposed for the Hollywood Park site in Inglewood.

Kroenke is not quite ready to put a shovel in the ground, but the major pieces of the project are now fully drawn, allowing the global sports and real estate billionaire to show the small army of architects and engineers at his disposal have made significant progress.

Representatives of Kroenke and HKS, the architecture firm he's employed, met with the Los Angeles Times recently in San Francisco to provide a first look at the detailed plans.

The timing of the meeting — days before the NFL convenes Monday at the Arizona Biltmore resort — wasn't coincidental. The league's owners will ultimately decide when and where the nation's No. 1 sport returns to its No. 2 market.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -83117878/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2j32svai said:
Playmaker21":2j32svai said:
I live here in the St.Louis area. Realistic Rams fans (what is left of them) have felt that Stan Kroenke would move the team since he bought the majority steak in the team in 2010. And to be honest, L.A. can have them. Just like when the Rams left LA for St.Louis, the Rams organization is a joke. It's been since the 2003 season since they had a winning season. And since 2004 since they made the playoffs. They had the worst 5 year record in NFL history from 2007-2011. They have drafted terrible. They have spent hundreds of millions in free agency in the past 10 years just to see their investments bust.

They have a Head Coach in Jeff Fisher who has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Tennessee Titans. He has only 2 winning seasons in his past 10 years as a head coach. His last playoff win as a Head Coach was the 2003 season. Yet he is given free reign with no pressure to succeed because their owner views the Rams as a revenue source. Just like he does all of his sports franchises. As long as Kroenke is the Rams owner, they will never have success because he is just there to collect the hundreds of millions from the NFL television deals and revenue sharing from all the rest of the NFL franchises. The Rams have turned into the 1990's Kansas City Royals in that matter. He is an absentee owner who doesn't care about winning or losing.

There has been an alienation the past few years by the Rams organization here in the St.Louis area. They have already cancelled their fan fest for 2015. Their players have a gag order on them and have done little to no media stuff all year. Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, and their COO Kevin Demoff used to do a lot of media stuff here. This past season they were all invisible.

Do I care if the Rams leave? No. They have been so woeful here that in 20 seasons in St.Louis they have given this city 4 winning seasons.
Damn, that was an awesome and savage post. Way to cultivate Clay-Bennett level hate amongst your own fanbase, Rams ownership. What a waste.
Yep, sounds like they are going with the "Clay clay" plan. It reads like what went on with the Sonics!

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":316z2563 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":316z2563 said:
Playmaker21":316z2563 said:
I live here in the St.Louis area. Realistic Rams fans (what is left of them) have felt that Stan Kroenke would move the team since he bought the majority steak in the team in 2010. And to be honest, L.A. can have them. Just like when the Rams left LA for St.Louis, the Rams organization is a joke. It's been since the 2003 season since they had a winning season. And since 2004 since they made the playoffs. They had the worst 5 year record in NFL history from 2007-2011. They have drafted terrible. They have spent hundreds of millions in free agency in the past 10 years just to see their investments bust.

They have a Head Coach in Jeff Fisher who has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Tennessee Titans. He has only 2 winning seasons in his past 10 years as a head coach. His last playoff win as a Head Coach was the 2003 season. Yet he is given free reign with no pressure to succeed because their owner views the Rams as a revenue source. Just like he does all of his sports franchises. As long as Kroenke is the Rams owner, they will never have success because he is just there to collect the hundreds of millions from the NFL television deals and revenue sharing from all the rest of the NFL franchises. The Rams have turned into the 1990's Kansas City Royals in that matter. He is an absentee owner who doesn't care about winning or losing.

There has been an alienation the past few years by the Rams organization here in the St.Louis area. They have already cancelled their fan fest for 2015. Their players have a gag order on them and have done little to no media stuff all year. Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, and their COO Kevin Demoff used to do a lot of media stuff here. This past season they were all invisible.

Do I care if the Rams leave? No. They have been so woeful here that in 20 seasons in St.Louis they have given this city 4 winning seasons.
Damn, that was an awesome and savage post. Way to cultivate Clay-Bennett level hate amongst your own fanbase, Rams ownership. What a waste.
Yep, sounds like they are going with the "Clay clay" plan. It reads like what went on with the Sonics!

I wish all of this was true, sincerely. But, it doesn't seem to be.

drdiags

Reaction score
I still don't understand how the Chargers can claim any type of domain regarding Los Angeles. I know San Diego is close but their position seems like the guy stuffing his face and guarding the entrees from others. I guess when the Rams and Raiders left, that created a zone around San Diego that they could claim as part of their fanbase and NFL audience.

Not sure how the NFL bylaws work, I guess the Seahawks could claim Portland as part of their domain if the NFL ever tried to expand there?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So apparently the plans for Kroenke's stadium will allow it to host two teams.

But while the numbers are big and the drawings were pretty, one of the more interesting elements is that Kroenke’s plan includes the ability for two teams to share it.

While the addition of two home locker rooms, two sets of offices and two owners suites might seem small, it’s a potentially significant move.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... two-teams/

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ptujxsp said:
candyman4881":1ptujxsp said:
So you attack a city calling it a "hell hole" and considers St Louis the worst fan base and you are surprised someone called you out? The Rams "home" is where they currently are, in St Louis. If they move to LA, then that will be the new "home". Some of you LA fans constantly put down St Louis and act like we are second class citizens. That is what I take HIGH offense to. I also don't get the spending $$$$ on the team somehow makes you a better fan than others (I am a season ticket holder since 2010 btw) so I don't get the innuendo that your opinion matters more since you have spent $$$$ as you put it.

I am resigned to the fact that the team is probably moving unfortunately however I am curious to see what the turnout will be if the Rams dont make the playoffs or have a winning season in 10+ years in LA

Finally, telling me to go XXXXmyself is classless.....

I sincerely and in the true spirit of respect for someone else who loves the same team I love: apologize for the xxxx comment. I have deleted it and regret getting upset in the moment.

Candyman, I will forever respect you as a true Rams fan. On topics re: the Rams.

As to St. Louis: we will have to agree to disagree. I respect that you spend your $$ owning season tickets. I am not allowed to own season tickets to my team, because Georgia moved them to the midwest hell hole (and I will never apologize for that name calling - it is).

I spend as much or more than you visiting my team.

We both love them. I am sorry for the personal attack. My opinion of St. Louis is based on my personal time there. IF I found the same support for the Rams in St. Louis that i find for the Eagles in Philadelphia: I would be your biggest supporter on why the Rams should stay in that hell hole.

I LOVE the way PHILLY supports their team.

oh, and I do not now nor have I ever lived in Los Angeles. I hate LA. I live in San Diego.

I've lost all respect for you. To trash St. Louisans and the midwest as you have makes me smile that you have to drink your own urine to live in socal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":2cmqss5l said:
I still don't understand how the Chargers can claim any type of domain regarding Los Angeles. I know San Diego is close but their position seems like the guy stuffing his face and guarding the entrees from others. I guess when the Rams and Raiders left, that created a zone around San Diego that they could claim as part of their fanbase and NFL audience.

Not sure how the NFL bylaws work, I guess the Seahawks could claim Portland as part of their domain if the NFL ever tried to expand there?
I am quite certain the Hawks would claim Portland as their territory.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yqd2hhm said:
drdiags":2yqd2hhm said:

I am quite certain the Hawks would claim Portland as their territory.

They definitely claim Portland as their territory.

Seahawks actually have a massive following. Washington, Oregon, and BC is all Seahawk territory.

Geographically we cover massive territory and the amount of people following the Seahawks puts us definitely in the top 10 in the NFL.

We're easily the most popular team in Canada west of Ontario. Although last year we clocked in with the most merchandise sales in all of Canada.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Its amazing that on a Seahawk board, two Rams fans are fighting with one another about which city the Rams belong in.

I never knew there was this LA-STL spat over the Rams.

Also its amazing there are LA Rams fans, I swore off that NBA team in Oklahoma years ago.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to understand the history, they don't hate the Rams, they hated Georgia Frontiere.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
The Rams going back to LA would take the Hawks out of my back yard once a year (Omaha), but I can't say that beyond that, I give two craps where they are located.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Red Alice - I post at ROD and at realramsfans.com and they are both decent boards. I don't know why you'd have been banned, because IMO you seem like a very knowledgeable fan and poster. Sounds like someone has a personal vendetta against you.

And I'm with you Red. I live in Ohio and have been to St. Louis a few times in the past few years, most recently the Broncos game last year (what a game to go to....)

There were as many Bronco fans as Ram fans. I have no horse in the STL/LA race....STL is closer to Ohio, so if anything, I'd be pro STL.

But I just can't be. The fans have done too much of a disservice to the franchise. The attendance numbers don't look bad because STL is centrally located and thus, Denver, Minnesota, GB, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, SF, Seattle, Arizona, New Orleans, etc. fans can attend. But Ram fans are often outnumbered or close to and unfortunately, there is no stat to track that. So attendance numbers don't mean squat to me.

When I was there this past year, I went into a mall and ask about Rams gear....they said "Whoaaaaaa, haven't seen a Rams fan in a minute".

LOL - for real?? Really??? and that was just a few miles from the stadium.

And let me ask the STL fans a question - so the team stinks for years, with no hope of turning it around (we do have hope, but let's pretend like we don't) - still has to make money, so what would you have them do with fan attendance being so poor - keep in mind that they can tell at the games how many Ram fans there are vs opposing teams fans - what would YOU do?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":jrkfzy7q said:
And let me ask the STL fans a question - so the team stinks for years, with no hope of turning it around (we do have hope, but let's pretend like we don't) - still has to make money, so what would you have them do with fan attendance being so poor - keep in mind that they can tell at the games how many Ram fans there are vs opposing teams fans - what would YOU do?

[youtube]aCbfMkh940Q[/youtube]

Ramfan128

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":12uqz93g said:
Its amazing that on a Seahawk board, two Rams fans are fighting with one another about which city the Rams belong in.

Also its amazing there are LA Rams fans, I swore off that NBA team in Oklahoma years ago.

It's funny you bring this up. I've had interesting conversations about this with other Ram fans. I think any fan can stop being a fan once they get rid of the team name....if we moved to LA and became the LA Sharks for example, I wouldn't be a fan.

But so many fans would stop being a fan if the team left their city....so I guess a question I could ask you is, if the Seahawks moved to Oklahoma and became the Oklahoma City Seahawks.....or if you were a diehard Sonics fan, if they became the OKC Sonics instead of Thunder.....would you still be a fan??

I couldn't care less where the Rams play....we've played in Cleveland, LA, and STL, and could move yet again....as long as they are the Rams and don those horns, I love watching them play.

While the STL fans bash LA, the truth is, many of them would no longer be fans if they left STL period....even somewhere other than LA. And I think this speaks to the type of fans a lot of them are....there are individuals that are great football fans in STL - they get offended when we group them together, and they should. Problem is there aren't enough.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1bmsbijb said:
hieroglyphics":1bmsbijb said:

It's funny you bring this up. I've had interesting conversations about this with other Ram fans. I think any fan can stop being a fan once they get rid of the team name....if we moved to LA and became the LA Sharks for example, I wouldn't be a fan.

But so many fans would stop being a fan if the team left their city....so I guess a question I could ask you is, if the Seahawks moved to Oklahoma and became the Oklahoma City Seahawks.....or if you were a diehard Sonics fan, if they became the OKC Sonics instead of Thunder.....would you still be a fan??

I couldn't care less where the Rams play....we've played in Cleveland, LA, and STL, and could move yet again....as long as they are the Rams and don those horns, I love watching them play.

While the STL fans bash LA, the truth is, many of them would no longer be fans if they left STL period....even somewhere other than LA. And I think this speaks to the type of fans a lot of them are....there are individuals that are great football fans in STL - they get offended when we group them together, and they should. Problem is there aren't enough.

Are there a lot of Arizona Cardinal fans left in St. Louis?

Latest posts