Prosise
Joeckel

Toss-up:
Bennett
Graham
Sherman

adeltaY

Reaction score
I also question cutting Prosise. The guy isn't earning much so we might as well give him another shot. Remember Paul Richardson was very much unavailable for a couple years and has been really good for us this year.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Most of these names won’t happen

I would be more likely to say coaching staffs might be gone. But Kam or Sherman will be back. These are Charles Woodson, Ray Lewis type talents. They’ll be kept around, Kam especially given his cap hit. NFL drafts are a crapshoot and replacing those players is more easily said than done

Despite all the rants and the wishing, the Seahawks will keep many of their veterans and try to dig more through the draft. Mainly to get top talents like another Shaq Griffin. We’ll try to renegotiate some contracts. I can at most see us trading away one or two members of the LOB. But they won’t all be gone

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Kam comes back unless he decides to leave on his own accord and retire. I'll say that Bennett's return is dependent on whether or not Avril comes back. If Avril returns, so will he. Sherm isn't going anywhere. Neither is Graham.

I think they part ways with

Joeckel
Aboushi
Lacy
Rawls
Richardson (Sheldon)
Coleman
Lane

I hope I'm wrong about Sheldon

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I feel like Kam and Avril will both retire unfortunately. But you can't really blame them, they have rings, have made a lot of $, and you don't wanna' mess with neck injuries.
Can't afford Sheldon Richardson, so they lose him, but get a 3rd back later on as a comp, so that's solid.
I think they sign P Rich to an extension sometime during the 2018 season.
And, it might be a little bold, but it feels like they are going to part ways with Bennett. And they have a big decision on Earl, predicting they let the season play out in 2018 before deciding what to do, see if he can get healthy, wants to keep playing w/out the LOB etc.
Joekel, Lacy and Lane will be gone, hopefully. And they are clearly done w/Rawls. One more year of Sherm and Penalty Ifedi (puke) then they move on from them in 2019. They probably will give Shead next year to show what he can do.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
As long as Ifedi is gone, the rest is irrelevant. I bet that guy has more penalty yards than any RB has rushing yds.

massari

Reaction score
Bennett - only if they can get a 2nd or early 3rd round pick for him
Graham - If he asks for more than $6M per
P Rich - If he asks for more than $6M per
Joeckel - If he asks for anything more than $2M per
Lane
Lacy
Aboushi
Walsh

If Kam, Avril and Sherman come back and are a shell of themselves, then they should be cut. They obviously have no trade value.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I think it would be crazy to let Sheldon go. The dude is a beast and his impact is highly undervalued.

Steve2222

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2bbw1fwe said:
Sherman?

WHY in the hell would you let Sherman go?

Ever since he's been gone we're like 2-4 and the defense is giving up 30 a game.

Everyone has been having this argument for years -- It's Kam that's most important, It's Earl that's most important and Sherman is only good because of them.

Well, now we know.

The defense struggled last year without Earl, and it struggled without Kam, but without Sherman it has COMPLETELY SUCKED.

Defense was pretty bad in 2014 when Wagner missed time as well

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What on earth makes anyone think they will cut Sherman in the offseason is beyond me. SIlly talk.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32zeo6ck said:
Well, he'll likely going to ask for 15 mil a year, at least. Just don't have the cap for that.

They absolutely do. If they want to resign him, they will.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who thinks they will cut Sherm? Can't see that happening. I can see him playing one more season here and then the team parting ways with him though.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
original poster":krjydqa2 said:
I see absolutely no reason that they can't be right back in the playoffs next year. Don't think that's homerism in the slightest, either.

I'm right here as well, if...

They get rid of cable and bevell.
Richard isn't great but is probably serviceable as Pete is the defensive mind. Still need to also cut/release/trade:
Rawls
Lacy
Graham
Ifedi
Lane
Prosise
Avril
Maxwell
Walsh

There are other cuts, but the above are in my mind the "for sures"

I think a competent line coach/running back coach and a smart creative young OC could make the biggest difference. Our scheme and strategy is atrocious. Just watch the plays called by any of the other top ten teams and you will see how horribly simple and completely lacking in misdirection our plays are.

If we bite the bullet, we could return to the playoffs next year.

Our biggest hurdle now is the Rams, who have done the above. A young creative and intelligent coach good at identifying weaknesses and focusing on strengths.

Before Sioux answers with one of his patented mind numbingly ignorant retorts, I want to remind everyone he is consistently wrong in his predictions and observations, so just ignore him.

We now are 2nd in line because we didn't have the cahones to do what was needed after the Superbowl loss, and have been slowly regressing untill now. If these coaching changes aren't made, we will continue our slow roll to the bottom.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's amazing that people have all the sudden crowned the Rams the next New England after ONE good season.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":190i7v01 said:
It's amazing that people have all the sudden crowned the Rams the next New England after ONE good season.

I have not crowned anyone, but looking at the specifics of their coaching scheme, strategy and implementation, looking at the talent on the roster, and our resistance to change what we are doing poorly, it's definitely not a stretch to say we have an uphill climb.

I'm not saying they are Lombardi front runner, but we are a hot mess and have been on a downward trajectory.

The Rams are on an upward trajectory. Pete just talked yesterday about accountability, but we have seen for several seasons now that a zone blocking scheme and the coaching and development of our offensive line has been abysmal. We have now thrown quite a bit of money and draft picks at the problem and really have only made minor progress.

Is the "accountability" speech just lip service or is it an actual wake up call?

Yet to be determined

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1fxzk5pj said:

No one is crowning them as such, but you're naive if you think they haven't caught up to us in talent and have arguably surpassed us in coaching.

San Francisco is coming too. They have a QB now and a mountain of cap room.

If we sit by idly and continue the same ol' song, we're going to get lapped by the division before you know it.

Latest posts