Starters not on the team next year predictions:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pyx5iki said:
Now we're screwed. We've got injured untradable vets on the bench, and 30% less picks over the next two years to replace them.

Exactly why we need to start doing mooore with less Brofessor.

And it aint happening with Cable here! :141847_bnono:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cq7a9ga said:
Seymour":3cq7a9ga said:
Sgt. Largent":3cq7a9ga said:
Seymour":3cq7a9ga said:
Misguided anger when there is nobody to step in for them and keep us competitive. That anger should be toward the draft and who is making those choices IMO.

What good are draft picks when we turn them into Ifedi's and McDowell's while passing on many many solid starters?

That's why you trade aging vets, for draft picks.

It also creates a wider net for a better chance of hitting on the picks.

So you trade aging vets for draft picks that you have been missing on continue to miss on?

Got it. :2thumbs:

We had 10 last year, yet are forced into signing Walsh, Lacy, Joeckel.

You left out Pocic, Griffin and Jones, all contributors this year, and good contributors..............

I said no top starters (all pro / game changers) in 5 years, that is it.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I don’t even like Sherman, but I wouldn’t get rid of him just for cap savings. He strikes me as a guy that will come back and be the same dude after injury. He is one of the best CBs out there, and is worth the money.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm is gonna' be so fired up to get back. That chip will be large. I doubt they let him go, and I hope they don't. He helps Shaq out a lot, even now from the sidelines. And he's the type of player that many QB's ignore on purpose. Can't really put a price tag on that kind of respect from the opponent.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Starters who will not return to the Seahawks next season:

Avril, Bennett, Graham, Maxwell, Walsh, Joekel, Iefedi, Lacey

JGreen79

Reaction score
As bad as Ifedi is... I'd rather have him sit on the bench and get paid 2.25M as a backup than cut him and pay him 3.31M.

(According to Spotrac)

mrblitz

Reaction score
when ifedi played guard, the seahawks were mauling the falcons in the divisional playoffs. it was when ifedi went out that everything went south. maybe put ifedi back at guard, or give him another season to gel at tackle. definitely, scrap this zone blocking rigarmarole and get down to the brass tacks of putting a hat on a hat, and getting the big push.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
:vodka:
SoulfishHawk":5pvpqcwx said:
Well, he'll likely going to ask for 15 mil a year, at least. Just don't have the cap for that.

No one's giving him that much

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's no reason yet to be scared of the Rams long-term. They are more talented than we are right this minute for two reasons.

1) Up until their kicker got hurt this week they've had top 3 injury luck while we've had bottom 3 injury luck. There's no reason to expect this to continue indefinitely into the future.

2) The Rams are underpaying a huge chunk of their team on cheap rookie contracts. The price of success is that those rookies are going to want deals and extensions. Each year that comparative advantage will slowly disintegrate as they sign their rookies to fair deals.

Given both of those points I think a vocal 20% of this forum is wildly overreacting regarding both coaching staffs. We've had a ton of success when we've had the kind of health that the Rams did this season and the jury is completely out on how McVay can keep the team together over the long haul.

inda2o6

Reaction score
My prediction is These are cuts or retires: Avril, Wilhoite, Walsh, Lane, Lacy, Joekel, Jimmy G, Sheldon, Oday, Maxewell, Rawls.
Re-sign Duane Brown or extend him, not sure of his contract length.
Re-sign Luke Willson, Paul Richardson, Bradley McDougle.
Add Free-agents with the rest of the money.

original poster

Reaction score
inda2o6":1dhkyxey said:
My prediction is These are cuts or retires: Avril, Wilhoite, Walsh, Lane, Lacy, Joekel, Jimmy G, Sheldon, Oday, Maxewell.
Re-sign Duane Brown or extend him, not sure of his contract length.
Re-sign Luke Willson, Paul Richardson, Bradley McDougle.
Add Free-agents with the rest of the money.

Duane Brown is under contract next year however will almost definitely be extended this off season, could well reduce his cap hit for 2018. Same applies to Earl Thomas, if they chose to go down that route.

Here's my predictions -

Not on the team that are under contract for next year -

Cuts -

Richard Sherman (not entirely sure on this one) - $11M cap saving
Cliff Avril - $7.5M cap saving
Jeremy Lane - $4.75M cap saving
Jon Ryan - $2M cap saving

Resigned -

Bradley McDouglad
Dion Jordan
Justin Coleman
J.D. McKissic