Statement from Jody, Pete , and John on Wilson

James in PA

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of fans taking sides. Honestly, I've grown tired of both RW *and* Pete/John. There's plenty of blame to go around. Refusing to check down, unnecessary sacks, horrible personnel moves, unimaginative and outdated game plans. I'm just tired of it all. Well, now half of it is gone and the other half will be gone after next season. The Jeff Bezos era can't get here soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well let's hope those 'experts' are better than the 'experts' helping Jody with the Trailblazers.

Because I have seen a number of moves, and they pretty much are all no value.

CJ looks like an All Star now on a what used to be a crappy Pelicans team. What did the Blazers get for that?

Does anyone even care about the Blazers anymore? They used to be must watch TV - they were exciting and played even the best teams in the league tough. Now they are barely worth following.

If we get moves like that, where we get rid of good players for a bunch of JAGs? that will be fun.

Jody is our owner. But the days of having a good owner that helps us win are over.

She is making the case for being one of the lower tiers of owners in the league.

hoxrox

Reaction score
AgentDib":3vae09rn said:
If we are going to be factual, then it started when Schneider went to Josh Allen's pro day and Wilson's camp flipped out about it.

If only the FO was able to acquire Josh Allen back in the day... He's a true elite QB who can do it all. Dual threat, arm talent, can utilize the entire field with good decision making. And he's a gamer too. I was very impressed with how he played in the playoffs.

Russ on the other hand just had too many holes in his game. He wasn't good enough to carry this team deep into the playoffs. When coach let him cook, he burnt the meals. He needed a strong running game to be effective. Maybe he can succeed in Denver. But the 50 million+ per year is going to be their problem now.

As for PC, unless people are going to protest at the VMAC or something, fans just have to deal with it. He's probably going to be here until the team can be sold. And that can't happen until at least 2025.

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bb7k41k said:
What matters most is not what happens to our roster now with FAs or signings.

What matters is who we get as a HC when Pete completely dries up. That is probably 2-5 years away, if we don't get shafted into him installing one of his friends or family members as the next HC or GM.

We just have to wait out the string.

It should be clear to everyone that the only QB we are getting is someone that cannot go literally anywhere else. Or someone that has no choice, because they are a rookie QB.

We are probably in line with the Giants in terms of being an attractive destination of a QB, maybe less because NYC at least gives you exposure.

Certainly the Browns and Panthers are more compelling than we are.

Yep, like I said during last season. The Seahawks are in purgatory until Carroll leaves, and they can restructure the hierarchy, and how they do things.

Wilson was a unicorn. No QB is going to be able to come in here and overcome the coach, and the opponent, and their O-Line. It is an incredibly difficult situation. So the logic of just get a QB and everything will be okay, is faulty.

The timeline for the Seahawks being able to actually start anew is dire. Could be 5-10 years.

Rat

Reaction score
hoxrox":3r3ec6ee said:
If only the FO was able to acquire Josh Allen back in the day... He's a true elite QB who can do it all. Dual threat, arm talent, can utilize the entire field with good decision making. And he's a gamer too. I was very impressed with how he played in the playoffs.

I love Allen; I can easily see him winning multiple MVP awards, but I don't know his career takes anywhere near the same trajectory if we had been the ones to draft him. He was the ultimate "boom or bust" prospect, and he needed an especially good situation for him. I'm shocked it was Buffalo who provided that, but they did give him the support he needed to thrive.

classicaaron

Reaction score
After watching both press conferences i definitely believe Russ more than the Seahawks team. And i 100% cant blame him for wanting to leave after you hear Petes philosophy on what it takes to win. It’s just pure insanity, Russ would have wasted however many more years of his career while Pete is around.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Aircrew":15ij0zbh said:
Russ is in Denver because Russ didn't want to be here. This divorce is all on Russell Wilson and no one else.

So if your wife controls you to the point you can no longer take it and divorce her it is all your fault?

toffee

Reaction score
Jody said the keyword in hers:

FULLY ENGAGED, she was looking forward to everyone fully engaged. Loving her as an owner, she just gave Russell Wilson the finger, and I am proud of her for doing so. No one could challenge at this point that Russell Wilson wanted out and he wasn't fully engaged in Hawks, that's from our owner.

toffee

Reaction score
JustTheTip":4ymg1l61 said:
mistaowen":4ymg1l61 said:
I mean let's be honest with ourselves. Russ wanted full autonomy of the offense like Mahomes has and that will never fly with Pete. No substantial overhaul of the OL ever took place. Schotty was the closest he got to running an offense through him and Pete parted ways. What Russ wants now will never jive with Pete's style and it was time for a divorce. Offense was unwatchable for entire halves of games. How many times did they go into half with like...25 total yards? Only one drive wasn't 3 and out?

I remember that Lions game a few years ago where they just ran them into the ground, something like 40+ carries. Russ simply hit a few easy big gains when needed and the OL feasted. That is everything Pete wants to see.

Now Russ has control of his offense with an offensive minded head coach on a team looking ready for a SB run. Pete gets cap space/draft picks to reload his defense and find the next point guard QB to facilitate the ball control offense. What we fans can hope for is Pete/JS are able to repeat what they previously did quickly. There are a bunch of core building DL guys in this draft that I hope they go and get.

This isn't to say I want PC over Russ, just that this was a needed divorce. And Jody chose Pete. So here we go.

Jody likely chose Pete because she has zero interest in learning enough about the football side of things to make the decisions that need to be made.

This is why Paul was the perfect owner. He was enough a fan of the sport to know what he needed to know to make the tough decisions that should be made from the top. Otherwise, he just let the people he put in place do the jobs he hired them for. I think it is unlikely Paul would have extended Pete.

Paul would have traded Russell last off-season, Pete was the one holding on to Russell, and Jody got talked into by Pete. Paul wouldn't have taken the BS from Wilson.

jeremiah

Reaction score
AgentDib":2torudpx said:
If we are going to be factual, then it started when Schneider went to Josh Allen's pro day and Wilson's camp flipped out about it.

Who wouldn't have wanted to upgrade with a younger and cheaper QB in that year? RW is the reason this team never won another Super Bowl. That, and the lack of discipine on the O line. Way too many holding penalities and false starts. That also is part of RW job, to run the O line on the field. He just didn't have the testicles to chew them out, when they deserved it. I for one can say, I liked to watch Russ play, but I pulled my hair out so many times on his sacks, I am now bald.

jeremiah

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":yhlhbyp8 said:
Wasn't there someone who said something about being sure Jody had a team of nfl experts who could whisper in her ear ways to turn the Hawks around and head in the right direction? My memory is fading more and more each day but I could've sworn I saw that somewhere in this forum...

I D K about a team of experts, but Jody was sued for sexual harrassment while running Pauls company. It seems she likes to cradle the buns and b***s of employees. I think it was while running Vulcan. If she were a man, and he was doing this in an NFL franchise, he would have been run out of the league.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
toffee":35wacctz said:

FULLY ENGAGED, she was looking forward to everyone fully engaged. Loving her as an owner, she just gave Russell Wilson the finger, and I am proud of her for doing so. No one could challenge at this point that Russell Wilson wanted out and he wasn't fully engaged in Hawks, that's from our owner.
Enter John63 to counter this in 3...2...1...

TreeRon

Reaction score
misfit":3t1h6pxv said:
No coincidence there are unified statements starting out the exact same way?

Russ was getting traded as soon as it was decided Pete was staying.

This.

Let's pretend we'd have hired a new GM and HC, say, Sean Payton. Do you think the first thing they'd have done was trade Russel Wilson! They'd have cut and traded quite a few players but Russ would have not been one of them.

Jody met with John and Pete and decided Russ was more expendable than either of them.

Pete is NOW bound and determined to prove that he can get to the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl with a "resurrection" of the LOB , a clone of Lynch and a game manager. Good Luck.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
I like the public statements by the leadership of the Seahawks, very professional indeed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3a7495ua said:
mistaowen":3a7495ua said:
I mean let's be honest with ourselves. Russ wanted full autonomy of the offense like Mahomes has and that will never fly with Pete. No substantial overhaul of the OL ever took place. Schotty was the closest he got to running an offense through him and Pete parted ways. What Russ wants now will never jive with Pete's style and it was time for a divorce. Offense was unwatchable for entire halves of games. How many times did they go into half with like...25 total yards? Only one drive wasn't 3 and out?

I remember that Lions game a few years ago where they just ran them into the ground, something like 40+ carries. Russ simply hit a few easy big gains when needed and the OL feasted. That is everything Pete wants to see.

Now Russ has control of his offense with an offensive minded head coach on a team looking ready for a SB run. Pete gets cap space/draft picks to reload his defense and find the next point guard QB to facilitate the ball control offense. What we fans can hope for is Pete/JS are able to repeat what they previously did quickly. There are a bunch of core building DL guys in this draft that I hope they go and get.

This isn't to say I want PC over Russ, just that this was a needed divorce. And Jody chose Pete. So here we go.

Jody likely chose Pete because she has zero interest in learning enough about the football side of things to make the decisions that need to be made.

This is why Paul was the perfect owner. He was enough a fan of the sport to know what he needed to know to make the tough decisions that should be made from the top. Otherwise, he just let the people he put in place do the jobs he hired them for. I think it is unlikely Paul would have extended Pete.
But YOU don't know that for a damned fact...Paul Allen Recognized Pete Carroll's expertise, and the fact that Pete DELIVERED the Lombardi to Seattle only bolstered his resolve & respect for Pete...JODY (not being an expert on the intricacies of Professional Football) OBVIOUSLY followed her Brother's lead.
Some of Y'all are REACHING really hard, and not getting there.

toffee

Reaction score
Cyrus12":170voaq9 said:
toffee":170voaq9 said:

Enter John63 to counter this in 3...2...1...

Counter what? Our owner's words against what?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
"Waaah! Waaah! Jody needs to get involved NOW!! Waaah!"

-Jody gets involved-

"WAAAAH NOT LIKE THAT WAAAAH"

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2iwyaknl said:
"Waaah! Waaah! Jody needs to get involved NOW!! Waaah!"

-Jody gets involved-

"WAAAAH NOT LIKE THAT WAAAAH"

She may not be right, she could very well be wrong in her decisions. BUT, she is not timid, she is not uninvolved, she is in on decisions, by her statement, she was pissed.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Russ has always been about himself. It became worse when he hooked up with Ciara.

I hope that Russ rots in Denver... truthfully.

And his legacy smells like a rotten egg.