Statement from Jody, Pete , and John on Wilson

toffee

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":dxkwn26w said:
Russ has always been about himself. It became worse when he hooked up with Ciara.

I hope that Russ rots in Denver... truthfully.

And his legacy smells like a rotten egg.

Members of LOB: Amen

Aircrew

Reaction score
MesquiteHawk":1vil6l6s said:
Aircrew":1vil6l6s said:
Russ is in Denver because Russ didn't want to be here. This divorce is all on Russell Wilson and no one else.

So if your wife controls you to the point you can no longer take it and divorce her it is all your fault?

Your question requires the assumption that the team controlled Russ. I don't see it that way, at all. Pete has a philosophy in his program and you're either in or out. Russ was out because he felt his abilities were better than the system. Pete/John felt, and I agree, that Russ was/is a system QB (albeit a very good system QB) that performed at his best in said system. Russ wanted out, the team didn't want to deal him. However, once Russ and his team forced the issue, management had no choice.

And good riddance. Nothing will tear down an organization faster than a key member not being invested and becoming a distraction to the overall goal. Russ was all about himself, and quite the weasel as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's not with the Hawks any more. Time to move forward. Good luck in Denver, hope they lose every game they play (better draft picks for us)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3u590oni said:
JustTheTip":3u590oni said:
mistaowen":3u590oni said:
I mean let's be honest with ourselves. Russ wanted full autonomy of the offense like Mahomes has and that will never fly with Pete. No substantial overhaul of the OL ever took place. Schotty was the closest he got to running an offense through him and Pete parted ways. What Russ wants now will never jive with Pete's style and it was time for a divorce. Offense was unwatchable for entire halves of games. How many times did they go into half with like...25 total yards? Only one drive wasn't 3 and out?

I remember that Lions game a few years ago where they just ran them into the ground, something like 40+ carries. Russ simply hit a few easy big gains when needed and the OL feasted. That is everything Pete wants to see.

Now Russ has control of his offense with an offensive minded head coach on a team looking ready for a SB run. Pete gets cap space/draft picks to reload his defense and find the next point guard QB to facilitate the ball control offense. What we fans can hope for is Pete/JS are able to repeat what they previously did quickly. There are a bunch of core building DL guys in this draft that I hope they go and get.

This isn't to say I want PC over Russ, just that this was a needed divorce. And Jody chose Pete. So here we go.

Jody likely chose Pete because she has zero interest in learning enough about the football side of things to make the decisions that need to be made.

This is why Paul was the perfect owner. He was enough a fan of the sport to know what he needed to know to make the tough decisions that should be made from the top. Otherwise, he just let the people he put in place do the jobs he hired them for. I think it is unlikely Paul would have extended Pete.
But YOU don't know that for a damned fact...Paul Allen Recognized Pete Carroll's expertise, and the fact that Pete DELIVERED the Lombardi to Seattle only bolstered his resolve & respect for Pete...JODY (not being an expert on the intricacies of Professional Football) OBVIOUSLY followed her Brother's lead.
Some of Y'all are REACHING really hard, and not getting there.

Great, you disagree. My statement is no more of a reach than yours. Paul moved on from Mora after 1 season. He had no patience for excuses and lack of production. My opinion is that he would have seen the decline in Pete's effectiveness by the time that Jody extended him and cut ties and moved forward.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":ke10uxz2 said:
"Waaah! Waaah! Jody needs to get involved NOW!! Waaah!"

-Jody gets involved-

"WAAAAH NOT LIKE THAT WAAAAH"

Actually, I am happy she did something. As long as she takes what happens this coming season at face value the franchise can start to move forward one way or another.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'd bet most owners view their team as a business, and the bottom line is the biggest motivator for change. That bottom line is NOT the same as most fan's bottom line.

Owners want seats filled and the team to be competitive over a season in order to build revenue and the value of their product. They realize that 1/32 chance of winning a Super Bowl is poor odds for any investment, so they invest in winning and filling seats over a season. Pete has done that, and fielded a team competitive enough to generally have a chance to beat anyone, and more often than not, that's been the case.

Of course every owner also wants the prestige of having the best team. But that would be secondary to being profitable in the long term. Pete has done that for the Seahawks while helping them be near the top several times.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Russ is already giving a different account, saying it was definitely mutual and added that he may provide details in a future book.

So glad to be done with this drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will sucker the last dollar out of Seahawks fans in that book. Wouldn’t believe anything he puts in that crap. Man will never be done getting money out of fans.

keasley45

Reaction score
This.

Let's pretend we'd have hired a new GM and HC, say, Sean Payton. Do you think the first thing they'd have done was trade Russel Wilson! They'd have cut and traded quite a few players but Russ would have not been one of them.

Jody met with John and Pete and decided Russ was more expendable than either of them.

Pete is NOW bound and determined to prove that he can get to the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl with a "resurrection" of the LOB , a clone of Lynch and a game manager. Good Luck.
Sean Payton is a smart guy. If he kept him, it would be because Russ is one ofbthe biggest names in the game and this is a business as much if not more than it is a competitive sport. But he also would have seen all the same holes, probably given it a season to see if he could fix Russ / work around them, and then, when he couldnt, traded him.

Good thing for Russ a Sean Peyton type didn't come here. Getting cut loose by a qb whisperer would have stuck the proverbial fork in his career.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
There is something to be said for bowing out gracefully, instead of lingering around like a stale fart because...eh who cares? There is nothing anyone can do about it. Pete has the keys, and he'll be durned if anyone tells HIM how to run a team. Fun times ahead!

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Does anybody buy this bullpuckus anymore?

“Is this a second chance for Drew Lock? Heck yeah, it is. It’s an absolute, clear second chance for him to show, to take us back to where we knew him to be,” said Carroll, adding that the team was high on him heading into the 2019 draft. “It excites the heck out of us.”

John63

Reaction score
That's not how that phrase is used. It's not even clear what you're talking about, spammer.

Your past 3 posts have been this exact phrase. You are quite literally spamming the board.
Let me help u it means he is gone and yet you still can't stop talking about him

John63

Reaction score

“Is this a second chance for Drew Lock? Heck yeah, it is. It’s an absolute, clear second chance for him to show, to take us back to where we knew him to be,” said Carroll, adding that the team was high on him heading into the 2019 draft. “It excites the heck out of us.”

No and you should not.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Let me help u it means he is gone and yet you still can't stop talking about him
I don't need your help, bud. You screeching out a slang phrase you heard on every thread you can stomach reading is arguably embarrassing and literally spam. End of discussion.

Be careful. Your posting style isn't earning you any friends on the Broncos board you joined, either.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’d tired of PeteSpeak long ago.
He’d talk up old Colonel Sanders as a QB if the team signed him.

John63

Reaction score
I don't need your help, bud. You screeching out a slang phrase you heard on every thread you can stomach reading is arguably embarrassing and literally spam. End of discussion.

Be careful. Your posting style isn't earning you any friends on the Broncos board you joined, either.
I have not joined a Broncos board. As to the u obviously did need help

toffee

Reaction score

wow, john63 has taken his talents and gifts to Bronco forums already?