Steelers vs Bengals

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
GeekHawk":invpov7q said:
Based on the reffing, I'm nervous about a potential Superb Owl rematch. I think we just saw the corporate orders.
Why? Both teams were taking shots at each other. Then Cincinnati had a meltdown that had to be seen to be believed. Besides Denver, Kansas City or New England will disabuse Pittsburgh when the time comes.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":10yk05bg said:
I do hope both of Steelers come to my house to discuss Renaissance composers, Italian wines and which Dylan record is the best.

Blonde on Blonde for this Steeler hater.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":15ovjkhg said:
GeekHawk":15ovjkhg said:
Based on the reffing, I'm nervous about a potential Superb Owl rematch. I think we just saw the corporate orders.
Why? Both teams were taking shots at each other. Then Cincinnati had a meltdown that had to be seen to be believed. Besides Denver, Kansas City or New England will disabuse Pittsburgh when the time comes.
I hope you are correct, I hope they get blown out, or they may just ride of wave of penalty flags to the Super Bowl.

HawkGA

Reaction score
How was the first Stealers touchdown a touchdown? He didn't control it until it was behind his leg and by that time he only got one foot in.

As to the personal fouls, I don't know how they don't call that one on the Cincy fumble. And how Porter doesn't get tossed for being on the field? If the refs do their job there, Pacman never comes running in. Disgraceful.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkGA":1plzzlhp said:
How was the first Stealers touchdown a touchdown? He didn't control it until it was behind his leg and by that time he only got one foot in.

As to the personal fouls, I don't know how they don't call that one on the Cincy fumble. And how Porter doesn't get tossed for being on the field? If the refs do their job there, Pacman never comes running in. Disgraceful.
He got both feet in and did a somersault and was in full possession of the ball throughout. Look I hate the Steelers but that catch was among the best in playoff history.

HawkGA

Reaction score
It was a cool "catch" but looking on the replay (I only saw highlights on ESPN.com), the ball was moving and while he did eventually secure it, it wasn't until the point where he only had one foot in.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1g9plpoi said:
MizzouHawkGal":1g9plpoi said:
GeekHawk":1g9plpoi said:
I hope you are correct, I hope they get blown out, or they may just ride of wave of penalty flags to the Super Bowl.

Those aren't penalty flags...they are terrible towels.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":3eltpxre said:
Sports Hernia":3eltpxre said:
MizzouHawkGal":3eltpxre said:
GeekHawk":3eltpxre said:

Those aren't penalty flags...they are terrible towels.
Same difference.

peppersjap

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1n7ln6jd said:
HawkGA":1n7ln6jd said:

He got both feet in and did a somersault and was in full possession of the ball throughout. Look I hate the Steelers but that catch was among the best in playoff history.
I completely agree. I hate the Steelers but that catch was sick! There was not a time where you could see the ball move. The funny thing was I just thought it was a clean catch watching it live, when they slowed it down I was blown away. You have to give props when they are deserved! Great catch!

peppersjap

Reaction score
HawkGA":34isem0h said:
It was a cool "catch" but looking on the replay (I only saw highlights on ESPN.com), the ball was moving and while he did eventually secure it, it wasn't until the point where he only had one foot in.
I never saw anything but complete control!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
peppersjap":2qbyc77r said:
HawkGA":2qbyc77r said:
He was still attempting to secure it on his leg and by the time it stopped moving he only had one foot in. A great catch but one that really wasn't a touchdown.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":7mxd5n31 said:
peppersjap":7mxd5n31 said:
HawkGA":7mxd5n31 said:
He was still attempting to secure it on his leg and by the time it stopped moving he only had one foot in. A great catch but one that really wasn't a touchdown.

The ball was definitely moving until he pushed it against his leg, at which point he never got a second foot down. Very impressive none the less.

Rob12

Reaction score
Bengals need to decide if they want Marvin Lewis or Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones.

Good grief, what a collapse. The Bengals are such an undisciplined, stupid team. Lewis is now 0-7 in the playoffs.

253hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3fmcciqq said:

The ball was still rolling up his right leg as his left was in the air; it shouldn't have been a catch. There's no way you can have possession if the ball is pinned against your body and rolling like that.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont know who to hate more, the team with a serial rapist as the race of the franchise or those natural born losers. I sure hope Peyton's inevitable meltdown happens after the divisional round. Rapistburglar's streak of free passes should end.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Rob12":3o2ojemp said:
Bengals need to decide if they want Marvin Lewis or Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones.

Good grief, what a collapse. The Bengals are such an undisciplined, stupid team. Lewis is now 0-7 in the playoffs.

The bengals shouldn't have even been in the game. Playing against one of the hot AFC teams with their backup QB. Surprised it was even close.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis did a great job with a backup QB (from Alabama). They had the lead with less than 2 minutes to play. They had the ball after an INT and just needed to run out the clock. Would be stupid to blame the fumble on the coach. Would be even more stupid to blame the Burfuct and Pacman stupidity on the coach, who took them to the side prior and told them in no uncertain terms that they should behave. These players have their own agenda and will most likely be gone.
Yes, the buck stops by the coach. But I wouldn't blame this loss on him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Joey Porter facing discipline as per Shefter...too little too late...should of been a flag. Nothing for Shazier who started this whole mess...Never thought I would say this but go Broncos....ugh I just puked in my mouth...

Latest posts