Steelers vs Bengals

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2st6lqdi said:
Ron Burgundy":2st6lqdi said:
Cyrus12":2st6lqdi said:
a single fg might win this...
Yupper. That game took about ten years off my life though.

hawkfannj":2st6lqdi said:
Wow this officiating is a flat out bias joke it's pretty blatant .
I'd say we got jobbed out of a touchdown.

A Steelers fan calling out officiating...I hope your kidding...
The hypocrisy runs real deep amongst the stealer fanbase.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
homerun1970":15qcstw0 said:
If you want to call them announcers and it is illegal on anyone to lead with crown. I am not calling fo a hit on defenseless receiver maybe you outta study the other part of rules, you know the ones that arent applied to the stealers.
You would be wrong about that.

Sports Hernia":15qcstw0 said:
No different than the Seahawks fanbase. :th2thumbs:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1m0omo5i said:
I don't think that qualifies as incidental contact.
Doesn't matter because the play was inside the tackle box, as the rule I posted says.

Catch yaz later, my work here is done and I'm watching your game. Good luck, hope you win so we can beat you in the Super Bowl again. :0190l:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
homerun1970":2oyzt4sc said:
It isnt incidental it is spearing.
Read the rule and not what you believe to be true. It doesn't have to be incidental when it's between the tackles.
Tell you what, I'll agree that it's spearing if you agree that the refs missed a flag on the Bungles for running off the field before the game was over.
Also they should have thrown two delay of game flags at different times for the home crowd throwing debris on the field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":yetdtcn6 said:
homerun1970":yetdtcn6 said:
If you want to call them announcers and it is illegal on anyone to lead with crown. I am not calling fo a hit on defenseless receiver maybe you outta study the other part of rules, you know the ones that arent applied to the stealers.
You would be wrong about that.

Sports Hernia":yetdtcn6 said:
No different than the Seahawks fanbase. :th2thumbs:
Get back to me when the Hawks win a Lombardi and the Stealers lose one from bad/biased officiating and then we'll talk.
:th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1gdrluj6 said:
Bitter":1gdrluj6 said:
They needed to be quick with the whistle so as to avoid the impulse to throw the flag that should have been thrown.
I suppose that's true but they still blew the whistle early and it cost us a touchdown.

Regarding Burfict, since we see the Bungles a lot more than you do, here's a rundown:
2014 Put our starting RB LeVeon Bell on IR with a hit to the knee.
2015 Put our starting RB LeVeon Bell on IR with a hit to the knee.
2015 Knocked our QB out for four games with a hit to the knee.
2015 Playoff knocked our starting WR out with a hit to the head.

You might not like the Steelers, and I get that, but Burfict could just as easily be on the 49'ers or Vikings and doing the same thing to your players.

We play the Rams twice a year, you have no argument to make, they are the dirtiest team in the game.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
chris98251":6ha69zu4 said:
We play the Rams twice a year, you have no argument to make, they are the dirtiest team in the game.
Fine enough. I'll take your word for it, I don't follow the NFC as closely.
Bottom line is that Pacman and Burfict cost their team a playoff game with dumb penalties because they can't control themselves and Marvin wasn't smart enough to pull them out when they were visibly out of control. Heck man, they had the game won. Burfict is kind of like Suh in that he can't play a clean game even if the season depended on it, which it did.

camdawg

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":37iwlc2s said:
Bitter":37iwlc2s said:
They needed to be quick with the whistle so as to avoid the impulse to throw the flag that should have been thrown.
I suppose that's true but they still blew the whistle early and it cost us a touchdown.

Regarding Burfict, since we see the Bungles a lot more than you do, here's a rundown:
2014 Put our starting RB LeVeon Bell on IR with a hit to the knee.
2015 Put our starting RB LeVeon Bell on IR with a hit to the knee.
2015 Knocked our QB out for four games with a hit to the knee.
2015 Playoff knocked our starting WR out with a hit to the head.

You might not like the Steelers, and I get that, but Burfict could just as easily be on the 49'ers or Vikings and doing the same thing to your players.

Can I ask you something? Did you enjoy getting your "ill-gotten" 2005 championship started off with Kimo Von Cheapshotten taking out Carson Palmer? If so, then what Vontaze did to Ben is karmic payback.

That said, not only was the hit on Antonio incredibly dangerous, the selfishness is just shocking, even a full day after the game was played. The way to get "revenge" on Pittsburgh was to WIN....which Vontaze was all set up to do.

I don't think Roger Goodell has a choice, he has to suspend Vontaze for multiple games.

And since there's probably a few Redskins fans on here....wanna know why we were justified in saying mean things about Sean Taylor before the 2007 Wild Card game? It was because he tried to turn Darrell Jackson into Darryl Stingley during 2005 Divisional.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
James in PA":2zk87jhp said:
Still really pissed about that game. It was the "perfect storm" of the Stealers getting lucky, the Stealers getting their typical post season favorable treatment from the refs, and the Bungles playing completely stupid and undisciplined. Now, it would seem logical that the Stealers would get smoked against Denver. However, that franchise seems to really run with these lucky breaks. That, coupled with zebra love, could get them back to the big dance. And mark my words: Brown and the rapist are BOTH not missing the next game. Maybe one will be out, but I wouldn't be surprised if both play. "Concussion protocol" my ass. Brown will have a miraculous recovery (i.e. The league will look the other way on this one). And the rapist? Well as usual his injuries are greatly exaggerated. Carted off for what is probably a minor scrape on his shoulder. What a fat, pathetic drama queen. Carted off every damn game and then he's right back out there every time? Watching Stealers games with him is like watching the WWE.
:sarcasm_on: fat injection and waiting for the effects of said injection :sarcasm_off:

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":2jjx805m said:
thebanjodude":2jjx805m said:
But he hit Bernard in the head. How is that within the rules? http://deadspin.com/giovani-bernard-and-the-unfortunate-hit-that-knocked-1752060073

For the record, I don't think the reffing was egregious. There were bad calls made that helped both sides, and I don't think either team ended up with a major advantage.

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

The Steelers had 10 penalties for 142 yards, the Bungles had 8 for 79. The penalty on Coach Munchak was bogus, he was simply trying to stop the Bengals player from hitting the wall and his hands got tangled in the player's hair. The refs missed another one at the end when Burfict, Jones, and a few other players ran off the field into the tunnel after Burfict's INT.
I personally didn't see the "hair tangle" play, but just your explanation sounds like "she fell into a doorknob".

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":13lt1rjz said:
homerun1970":13lt1rjz said:
It isnt incidental it is spearing.
Read the rule and not what you believe to be true. It doesn't have to be incidental when it's between the tackles.
Tell you what, I'll agree that it's spearing if you agree that the refs missed a flag on the Bungles for running off the field before the game was over.
Also they should have thrown two delay of game flags at different times for the home crowd throwing debris on the field.

The rule you quoted pertains to the running back lowering his head on a run, not to the defense. They changed that rule to actually protect defenders.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
camdawg":1u8a8zbs said:
Can I ask you something? Did you enjoy getting your "ill-gotten" 2005 championship started off with Kimo Von Cheapshotten taking out Carson Palmer? If so, then what Vontaze did to Ben is karmic payback.
Yes, very much. Although Kimo was blocked into Palmer. It also brings me great joy to see how pissed off you people still are and blame the refs' calls instead of Mike Holmgren's calls.

That said, not only was the hit on Antonio incredibly dangerous, the selfishness is just shocking, even a full day after the game was played. The way to get "revenge" on Pittsburgh was to WIN....which Vontaze was all set up to do.
If Burfict doesn't make an unnecessary and dirty hit and Jones and other Bungles simply jog back to their sideline while an injured Steeler is attended to, then they win the game.

I don't think Roger Goodell has a choice, he has to suspend Vontaze for multiple games.
He makes dirty hits all the time. The Ravens would like to kill him too.
NFL Network reporting he is suspended for three games.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1fy6q2uq said:
camdawg":1fy6q2uq said:
Yes, very much. Although Kimo was blocked into Palmer. It also brings me great joy to see how pissed off you people still are and blame the refs' calls instead of Mike Holmgren's calls.

If Burfict doesn't make an unnecessary and dirty hit and Jones and other Bungles simply jog back to their sideline while an injured Steeler is attended to, then they win the game.

He makes dirty hits all the time. The Ravens would like to kill him too.
NFL Network reporting he is suspended for three games.

That almost catches him up to Harrison in games suspended for dirty hits.