Stressing too much during the games?

HawkGA

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":pkso9h4r said:
I've been pretty good this year, I don't get too emotionally invested like I have in the past. I've only had to apologize to my wife twice this year! Once after blocked kick vs Tenn ("What the hell? Why are they kicking? The kicker is hurt, it's on the 3, who's holding? What in the worl-YOU'VE GOTTA BE SHITTING ME!!!!WHAT THE *&$#!.....Sorry honey....) and the other last weekend when Thomas tipped the ball right to the NOLA receiver.

The older I've got, the more I realize my life doesn't change one iota if they win or lose. May as well just cheer for them, be happy when they win and shrug my shoulders when they don't.

Amen.

jblaze

Reaction score
I'm glad I came across this thread, now I don't feel so neurotic about my own issues.

I get pretty nervous about 30 minutes before the game. During the game, I'll get up and yell at the TV or pace. I'll point out the stupid things the commentors say. I'll point out open WR's and yell at RW to throw the damn ball. I'll yell at the defense based on formations the opposing offense is in. When Lynch is running in the open I will tend to jump up and down.

The past few weeks I have had quickies with the wife at halftime and that tends to take the edge off.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
I do not drink alcohol.

During the MNF(Green Bay 2012) I drank 8 cups of coffee(the thermoses were filled during timeouts, consumed 4 24oz Diet Pepsi's, the cold diets in the fridge were cleared out) all in the 2nd half, repeated the same thing last year against Atlanta all in 2nd half of the game.

Something tells me this will happen again starting the 2nd half late Sunday.

8 years ago during NFCCG the next play after Seneca Wallace catch on sidelines was over the middle catch by Stevens for first TD against the Panthers) my palms were purple blue from pounding the counter after Jerramy caught the ball; was shaking knowing they were finally going to Super Bowl.

The purple in the palms went away in two days.

It is amazing my kidneys still work.

Intense is the only word to describe me at home in my house, wife can only watch in the basement and me upstairs when Seahawks are on.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I can't stand watching with negative people or more specifically with people who spend all game being angry and telling everybody why things are going wrong. My brother and brother-in-law, God love em, but I always end up sitting between them and they spend the whole entire game arguing about why things aren't going well. It drives me mad. Sometimes alone is the way to go.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":32s13d02 said:
I can't stand watching with negative people or more specifically with people who spend all game being angry and telling everybody why things are going wrong.
Hehe. I take it that you avoid the game-day forum then. It gets pretty angsty in there if it's not a blowout. :D

StoneCold

Reaction score
This is so funny. I get excited and bit of butterflies, but I don't stress. I usually have something to eat before and I drink during the game. Sunday I'm purposefully going to a bar to watch to feed off the energy of the crowd.

SC

Seeker

Reaction score
You have anxiety now and smoke before this game and your heart will beat out of your chest.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I drank brown liquor straight for the Saints game and was able to relax enough to sit back on my couch and go through the game.

I also woke up really early and exercised. My body was tired.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I watch the games just barely sitting on the edge of my normally-relined recliner. Exceptions are when I watch re-plays of our wins. I can sit back and relax for those. I never re-watch a loss.

My wife is a football fan as well... having grown up a Griz fan in Missoula. So she loves her football and she has definitely adopted the Hawks as her team once she and I hooked up about seven years ago. We watch all the Hawks and Griz games together... usually with a drink in our hand.