Sub-forum Suggestion... Just a suggestion... Dragons...

chris98251

Reaction score
Off season traffic will slow way down after the draft, if there is any real interest you will see threads in the Sports forum start popping up, if there is enough then I would suggest a sub forum, not until.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea! Please make it so...Seattle Football! Jimmy Zorn...Playing at CLink...Makes sense.

I plan on going to some games. I love the idea of football in the "off season".

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tical21":2q4s3sln said:
why don't we have add several sub-forums? Food and Beverage, Fitness and Health, Husky Basketball, Seattle Mariners, Hobbies, Shows, Movies...

Well, the difference from what you listed, Mr. Debbie Downer, is that it's professional football played at CenturyLink Field.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":3nh2sx5c said:
I think it's a great idea! Please make it so...Seattle Football! Jimmy Zorn...Playing at CLink...Makes sense.

I plan on going to some games. I love the idea of football in the "off season".

Oh, there it is. An endorsement from the .NET Godfather himself... BOOYEAH!!! :lol: Thanks Todd! :2thumbs:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Or just a pinned thread somewhere. Will the xfl survive more than a year or two? Vinny Mac is losing cash like crazy right now with wwe stock plummeting.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2wlvyri3 said:
Or just a pinned thread somewhere. Will the xfl survive more than a year or two? Vinny Mac is losing cash like crazy right now with wwe stock plummeting.

From what I've read and heard, they have a 3 year, paid-for commitment. So it won't be a one and done like last time. By then, hopefully a few more cities come on board and make this at least a USFL run :lol:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Don't know how many people check out the Sports Bar on a regular basis, but I'm gonna start a Gameday thread for the Seattle Dragons @ DC Defenders game in that forum, and it's open now for discussing the big game tomorrow. Curious to see how many people jump in to comment.

Below is just a random link from the Seattle Times....

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/the ... ns-opener/

Seafan

Reaction score
johnnyfever":15qwu52e said:
I'll be watching. They are ranked 8 of 8 teams, so I dont have my Hope's up but I'll be pulling for them!

Don't listen to that negative shot in the dark analysis. Their defense is solid. They have two solid QBs and Keenan Reynolds, Kasen Williams, Fred Ross, and Austin Proehl are WRs. They have an outstanding group of RBs. Most importantly they have Mike Riley as OC and Jim Zorn as HC.

My niece works for the team as video coordinator. She invited me to their closed scrimmage on MLK day. I got field passes and she had already talked me up to Jim Zorn, Mike Riley and BJ Daniels. I talked to all three of them after the scrimmage. The scrimmage wasn't for the teams. It was for the league to work out the kinks in their system and make sure their referees were all on the same page. There was no tackling and players who got over physical were kicked out of the scrimmage. After four quarters they then staged an overtime to once again work out the particulars. Oliver Luck (League President, former NFL QB and father of Andrew Luck) was there. Since the scrimmage was against the DC Defenders the team kept everything vanilla and players like K. Will and K. Reynolds didn't play but were there. Also the team needed to cut 18 players the next day so as expected they played the bubble guys. BJ looked good but didn't play much as they played four QBs. Jim Zorn and Mike Riley know they can depend on Daniels but also realize they have a young kid with great arm talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see them play both.

I'm looking forward to seeing opening day tomorrow. It's still all a mystery. I asked Jim Zorn if building a team from scratch reminded him of 1976 and the Hawk expansion season and he agreed. He told me some great stories from 1976 where he was calling players by their numbers because he didn't know their names.

The Dragons are in the top 2 in ticket sales and obviously play in the best venue. I hope more Seattle sports fans embrace the Seattle Dragons and the XFL. One nice thing is every game is televised.

Go, Dragons! Breathe Fire!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":zscvt3yy said:
I think it's a great idea. There are plenty of former Seahawks on the team plus their coach is Seahawk legend.
Is Steve Largent or Big Walt the coach?Oh Jim Zorn is :roll:
I'm sorry but legend means different to me.
As for making a sub thread..Everything but
the Hawks always goes in the Sports Bar.
I'll be checking the game out..I lke that 3
options of extra points..There is no kicking
besides KO's right?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow that is pretty awesome Seafan! Great experience for sure. Who knows what will become of the Seattle Dragons? Die out after the initial XFL contract is up or do they ride the wave of a resurgence in the league's second incarnation?

Either way it will be fun to root the team on due to their obvious PNW ties.

IndyHawk, I have to address your comment:

Is Steve Largent or Big Walt the coach? Oh Jim Zorn is :roll: I'm sorry but legend means different to me.

Kinda crappy IMO. As a fellow 12 you damn well know what he meant. Is Zorn up there in stats with Largent and Walt? No, but in Seahawks Nation Jim Zorn is absolutely a Seahawks Legend. Come on man. :les:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":y9argz8b said:
johnnyfever":y9argz8b said:
I'll be watching. They are ranked 8 of 8 teams, so I dont have my Hope's up but I'll be pulling for them!

Will the "12" thing hold up for a team that's not the Seahawks? Will the flags be there? I think they will, because it's more about Seattle pro football fans love for our teams IMO... Should maybe be in Dragon colors though. Although not gonna gripe if I see a bunch of 12 flags in the familiar colors. Really looking forward to the Home Opener. You guys know our road opener is the XFL opener. The first game. So there should be a lot of pomp and circumstance. :lol:

The numbers on the flag probably look closer to the Dragons'. As someone who hasn't seen the Dragon uniforms, I'm assuming because it ain't even close to the Seahawk numbers.

(And yes, I realize it's based off their previous uniform set. I just think it's ridiculous that they don't match).

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I will make some changes to the sub forums this weekend. Expect some big changes.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Although I knew the Seattle Dragons were an XFL thing, and I knew the XFL was starting this week, I've seen this thread many times and never clicked it. I thought it was just some sarcastic plea for a random forum. Done more as a joke more than anything. Then I saw the Dragons forum this morning and put the two together. Now of course I feel like an idiot, but it's a great idea. Glad it came to fruition

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Great idea ! I was out for the NY vs TB game and I’ll tell you this the football looked good , the crowd was awesome . I was telling everyone in my section you wait till the Seattle team goes into CLink ! Seattle fans do it the best . I’m expecting a warm welcome and a rowdy loud crowd supporting them . The dragons are going to have the strongest fan base of them all