Super Bowl Gameday Thread

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That was the worst offensive display in a Superbowl (both teams). 60 minutes and one time total in the redzone combined. It was a Superbore not a Superbowl. Even the halftime show sucked. At least there were the commercials.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
northseahawk":381acu9e said:
I guess the rams took advice and suggestions from Pete, Wilson, and the Seahawks... to not block, not get any offense till the 4th QB, and play crappy qb play.

Or....................it actually has something to do with the defense as well.

James in PA

Reaction score
The way I feel about these Pats is the way I felt about Jordan, Pippen, and Phil Jackson in the 90’s. I’m so sick & tired of them. Its really hard to deal with it while it’s happening so I just have to keep reminding myself that someday they too will be ancient history. It’s just a waiting game now. Father Time is undefeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The NFL arranged for the Patriots to get an easy out. They set up a tomato can to stumble into the Super Bowl so the Patriots could win another. Meanwhile, they energized an LA fan base in a major media market by essentially delivering them a Super Bowl.

So what if it was more Stupor than Super, the NFL got what it wanted. The Rams had no business being there and they proved it.

mrblitz

Reaction score
looked to me like the nfl lost a lot of fans with the non-call back in rams at new orleans.

for me, it was seeing the rams defense come out and maul the patriots early, only to have the patriots let off the hook by that 'you can't tackle the ball carrier so soon' call. right there for me it was like, 'oh so you refs are going to steer this game, too?' right there, that were just kind of a letdown.

i weren't really rooting for anyone, but were fascinated by the crazy level of defense the rams were playing at that moment.

that could really be an aside though, to the fact that goff looked horrible.

Fade

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3r6ezmqw said:
Fade":3r6ezmqw said:
This game perma-ruined Goff for good I think.

This was a fantastic outcome for the Seahawks.

You think he got "Delhommed" ?

In the lockerroom he was apparently a mess, sobbing at his locker claiming he blew it. Combine that with the constant dear in the headlights stares he was giving on the sidelines, missing wide open receivers. etc.

This Superbowl has given him PTSD.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lowest ratings in ten years, New Orleans marched and boycotted the Super Bowl, Patriots said it felt like a home crowd, good job Rams Fans ! Commercials in watching them after the game were Bleh except the Game of Thrones one, which I am partial too anyway. Halftime show was said to be a Bleh as well.

Playing it so safe they had disinterest worked well, Oh I will say the Football legends commercial was good also, Lynch starting off the frenzy Fumble was classic Lynch with his impish Grin.

So in trying to cater to everyone they had a bleh game, bleh commercials overall, bleh halftime show and build up was bleh also, they I heard less about the game and more about what was wrong with it leading up to it then any year I can remember.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1092560674650247168[/tweet]

It was how he performed under pressure—per Pro Football Focus, Goff was pressured on 18 of his dropbacks by New England’s ravenous defense, completing just four of 14 passes for 47 yards and that fadeaway jumper to Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore. The pressured version of Goff in the Super Bowl had a passer rating of 11.3, which is three times worse than if he’d just chucked the ball out of bounds on every single snap.

“What really stings for me, especially as a quarterback, is that our defense played so well — and I wasn’t able to deliver,” Goff told Mike Silver of the NFL Network after the game. “It was me. It was our offense. And we — well, I — couldn’t do my part.

“It wasn’t a game we needed 30 points to win. We needed two touchdowns, and I couldn’t get it done. That’s on me. I’m the guy who has to drive this offense.”

Good for him for owning his mistakes, but those mistakes overcome any goodwill brought about by brutal honesty.

justafan

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1epzjdd9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1092560674650247168[/tweet]

It was how he performed under pressure—per Pro Football Focus, Goff was pressured on 18 of his dropbacks by New England’s ravenous defense, completing just four of 14 passes for 47 yards and that fadeaway jumper to Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore. The pressured version of Goff in the Super Bowl had a passer rating of 11.3, which is three times worse than if he’d just chucked the ball out of bounds on every single snap.

“What really stings for me, especially as a quarterback, is that our defense played so well — and I wasn’t able to deliver,” Goff told Mike Silver of the NFL Network after the game. “It was me. It was our offense. And we — well, I — couldn’t do my part.

“It wasn’t a game we needed 30 points to win. We needed two touchdowns, and I couldn’t get it done. That’s on me. I’m the guy who has to drive this offense.”

Good for him for owning his mistakes, but those mistakes overcome any goodwill brought about by brutal honesty.

He took the blame showing leadership IMO. The Oline got beat the whole game and should have apologised to him. Most QBs play like crap when they get hit that much.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
From what I have read and heard, the Rams have said all the right things after the loss. Outcoached, outplayed, etc.

Commendable

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Mcvay was class all the way after that. To me they played scared and intimidated. I don't like them, but I certainly expected a lot more out of them.

James in PA

Reaction score
Another reason I’m glad the Rams lost: Eric Dickerson. I was seeing his mug all over the place leading up to this game, talking up “his L.A Rams.”