Surprise Cuts? And all other roster cuts!

cheese22

Reaction score
I'd like to see Bell get Bellore's spot. Built like a wrecking ball and plays with high energy. Bellore might be solid on ST's but I'd love to see Bell get coached up to take the few snaps at FB, blowing guys up to open lanes. He can't be too bad on ST's. Might be the time for a change.

suppaball

Reaction score
I'd like to see Bell get Bellore's spot. Built like a wrecking ball and plays with high energy. Bellore might be solid on ST's but I'd love to see Bell get coached up to take the few snaps at FB, blowing guys up to open lanes. He can't be too bad on ST's. Might be the time for a change.
I have been saying for a bit now that you either trade taylor or cut bellore. Would rather trade taylor.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor traded. He has 6.7 mil guaranteed. Get that off the books and bring in someone else. Maybe a legit run stuffing DT.
Trades are easier said than done, of course.

GLio14

Reaction score
Emil Ekiyor is an interesting name from that list you provided. From what I remember hearing about him, he was an absolute road grader but needed work on his pass blocking. Would be a good project. Not sold on Bradford just yet.
Man, as a Bama fan, I'd love him here. I was stunned that he went undrafted. He's good enough to play in this league.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor traded. He has 6.7 mil guaranteed. Get that off the books and bring in someone else. Maybe a legit run stuffing DT.
Trades are easier said than done, of course.

Taylor's full four-year contract was worth just over $6.764M. This year, his cap hit is $619K of his signing bonus plus whatever part of his just-over-$1.5M salary is paid. So without a time machine, the maximum cap savings from moving him would be just over $1.5M. The veteran-minimum salary this year is $1.08M, so if you're counting on the $1.5M cap savings from moving Taylor to bring in a player, you're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I clearly read wrong, because I just saw an article saying he had a full 6.7 guaranteed. Good, makes it easier to trade him then. I don't claim to be a cap expert.
This is what I just read:

Remember that according to projections, Nwosu should have the 29th-most sacks in 2023 with seven, while Taylor is 33rd with a projected total of 6.8. Right now, Taylor’s contract value is $6.7 million, and it is fully guaranteed. We hope the Seahawks see the value in trading him for more cap space and future draft capital.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

sc85sis

Reaction score
I’m a bad USC fan; I’m actually glad they cut Chris Steele. He’s talented, but he was a penalty machine in college. Drove me nuts.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Seahawks players waived or released (20): Sal Cannella, Jordan Ferguson, Malik Flowers, Benjie Franklin, Justin Marshall, Chris Steele, Wayne Taulapapa, Griffin Hebert, Arquon Bush, Tyjon Lindsey, Jalen McKenzie, Liam Ryan, Kendall Randolph, Matt Landers, Matt Gotel, Easop Winston Jr, Levi Bell, Greg Eiland, Tyler Mabry, Ty Okada

sutz

Reaction score
Really no big surprises, imo. Maybe Levi Bill, mild surprise.
Yeah, Bell was maybe a small surprise. He seemed to do well, but our LB room is crowded. Hopefully he gets on the practice squad so he's available at least on a spot basis or to call up in an emergency.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah no real surprises here outside of possibly Bell. Hope too he makes it to our PS.

Latest posts