Take the win but that fake punt was horrible play calling

Largent80

Reaction score
White Devil":1junvnzv said:
People need to remember that was a kicking ball, which as Tony Romo knows, are pretty damn slick.

Check this out....First look at those bicep muscles, second, that face, 3rd slick friggin ball.

5CRxaxP

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2y2dcdzp said:
It was a bad play call being ahead by 21 points but a good play call in the sense everyone was fooled. Look at the green in front of Ryan. If he hadn't bobbled the ball (which was one of the craziest things ever), he had a good chance to possibly even score a TD.
A shocking amount of green, a lot of it was blockers. :)

I flat-out loved the play and I'm sure he will be just fine.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Largent80":2zo7zswj said:
White Devil":2zo7zswj said:
People need to remember that was a kicking ball, which as Tony Romo knows, are pretty damn slick.

Check this out....First look at those bicep muscles, second, that face, 3rd slick friggin ball.

5CRxaxP

I blame the uniform. Even the ball was repulsed by it.

SirTed

Reaction score
You can't really "save" fakes like that. More than anything, it's the Seahawks noticing poor play / cheating their assignments but the Rams. It's not like the Hawks can just keep that in the can and run it on any team at anytime...that's not how special team fakes work.

I'm totally good with that play.

But unlike others, I have my doubts about Ryan's availability for the game in 10 days.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
A friend who was at the game says Ryan was actually airlifted to Harborview.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If he had looked at the numbers maybe he would have realized that is a left-handed football.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gngqxis said:
Like I said, if you're gonna call it, make sure you pull Ryan aside before the play and tell him to get the hell down after getting the first down, cause now we're in big trouble if he's out for even one game.

How do you know they didn't?

Just because he didn't slide waaay before anyone was near him doesn't mean he wasn't told to. Believe it or not, players don't always do exactly what the coaches tell them.

He probably thought he had plenty of time to slide, but then started bobbling the ball and by the time he had full control of the ball again it was too late.

pmedic920

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":gwra4181 said:
Largent80":gwra4181 said:
White Devil":gwra4181 said:

5CRxaxP

K ball. Ask Romo how slick they are ;)

Yea, I've heard people say the "K" balls are different but very few know that as well as the teams punter.

Am I right?

:{)

potatohead

Reaction score
To the guys who think Seattle was running up the score, you do realize they killed the last two minutes of the game with kneel downs the last three plays?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
potatohead":34wlhssz said:
To the guys who think Seattle was running up the score, you do realize they killed the last two minutes of the game with kneel downs the last three plays?

No doubt. I don't get the "running up the score" whiners.....waaaah waaah waaaah...the game is 60 minutes long, if you don't like that teams are scoring during that time, then figure out how to stop it and do that. Quit whining about it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
acer1240":3bkhblnf said:
Nope. That call was cutthroat and exactly the right one

Exactly.

We Jeff Fisher'd the Rams, and it was 3 years over due. The only issue I have with it is not seeing Fisher's face on the sidelines when we ripped off 33 yards on that play.

It wasn't dangerous. If Ryan hadn't fumbled the ball and was reaching all over to contain it, he would've seen that Ram player and gone down on his own or been able to protect himself better.

I can say with 100% confidence that fumbling at the end wasn't part of the original play call. I can't even believe I have to type this....33 yard fake punt and people are actually complaining about it ? Good grief.

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":12pps0x0 said:
If he had looked at the numbers maybe he would have realized that is a left-handed football.
Fire the ball boy! He should know better than to put a left handed ball out there. I want an investigation!

:twisted:

Hawks46

Reaction score
nash72":r7uhf1z1 said:
It was a jerk call. There's 6 minutes left and up by 21 points and fake punts are being called? Kick the ball and show some dignity. The only thing that play accomplished was getting Ryan hurt and giving the Rams a reason to take cheap shots. Not needed.

Since when do the Rams need a reason to take cheap shots ?

Or maybe you missed that earlier play where that Rams' DLman tried to put his elbow through Wilson's face mask. It was blatantly obvious he did it on purpose, and that was well before the fake punt.

You must not be watching many Rams/Seahawks games if you haven't realized by now that the Rams are continually trying to injure Wilson. I put the over/under on elbows and forearms to Wilson's ear hole at 15 in the last 3 years worth of Rams games.

Seafan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ytysmi9 said:
Way too cute, way too dangerous on so many levels.

Is it Bevell or Schneider who makes that call? I assume Bevell? And if you're Pete, do you have a chance for final say and give a big "no" in that scenario? I would think so.

Ryan goes down, the Rams likely pissed because it feels like Hawks are trying to run up the score, it's calls like that that make Seattle seem so damn stupid sometimes.

Division Champs, a "W", (sloppy as it was) but man, we didn't need that particularly idiotic play calling.

And on a related note, seeing Bennett go down like he did was damn scary. His head snapped backwards in that possible neck/spine injury kind of way and he goes limp. So glad to see him get up and walk off under his own power. Guy is a warrior.

You are so accustomed to poor playing calling. That was a great play call and excellent execution.

nash72

Reaction score
DJrmb":1i7tncdh said:
People here complain about so many close games and "why we can't just blow someone out" and then get mad when we do what it takes to do just that. For anyone that thinks we should have backed off on offense and taken the foot off the pedal I hope you've never complained about going into "Prevent" defense...

The game was already a blow out. The fake punt had absolutely nothing to do with that and was unnecessary.

Last thing I will say is that there is no such thing as "rubbing it in" in the NFL. These are all professional teams with equal opportunity. Every team plays with the same rules, the same salary cap, and the same opportunity to compete. This isn't college where you have division 2 teams with a severe disadvantage in recruiting and revenues. There's no mercy rule. There's no handouts in the NFL, you compete until the end, period.

BS. Coaches and teams have agendas in the NFL just like any other sport. If a coach doesnt like the opposing coach for whatever reason and he has a chance to run it up, he will. The fake punt was just that. The Rams have a history of doing those same kind of trick plays against us so Pete gave one back knowing that the game was already over and even if it failed it couldnt hurt us.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wait. Wait. Wait.

You are telling me that winning by 21 or 28 points is "running up the score???"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhaa

I mean, I know we have gotten used to Carroll's tight game, win by one score philosophy, but come on man.

Running up the score???

Running up the score is what Atlanta did to the Rams last week 42-14

Running up the score is what Hawks did to the Panthers the week before. 40-7

But winning by 21-28 points is running up the score?

HahahahhaahahahahahahhahaahA

Clark the shark

Reaction score
In hindsight it was terrible but you gotta stick it to the rams, running up the score on Greg Williams is always a good time. I wouldn't want to run up the score against other teams but nothing is funner than blowing out the rams. It's too bad jeff fisher wasn't coaching in this game. They are by far the dirtiest coaching staff I've ever seen.

253hawk

Reaction score
I can't believe in this day and age people are still whining about 'running up the score'. How many games did we choke away last season because we didn't keep the pedal down? How about Carolina almost having the biggest playoff collapse in history? The 2012 divisional game. The 2014 NFCCG. Oilers/Bills. Chiefs/Colts. You leave the door open just a crack and you're risking getting it kicked in on your face.

It wasn't even a trick play; it was predicated entirely on the complacency of the Rams' formation. The call was fine, it may have even been up to Ryan to decide whether to run or kick. All he had to do was make sure the center fielder was going to clear out to go block for the returner and it was easy running. Is he there? Yes -- punt it. No -- run it. Not much smoke and mirrors there. It's not Carroll's fault that Ryan doesn't know when or how to slide. And Pete's never been the type to worry about injury, because you can't be carry that fear around all game from play to play.

Latest posts