Tate visiting Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Reaction score
davidonmi":32hfz128 said:
Rat":32hfz128 said:
He would flourish in that offense, with an elite QB (second best in the NFC behind Rodgers) and the league's best wideout on the other side.

Going from the leagues most run-heavy team to the most pass-heavy team would be interesting.
lol stafford elite, ahead of Brees, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Cutler, and Kaepernic?
no

I would trade any of those guys straight-up for Stafford, laughing the whole time.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Rat":1husikmk said:
He would flourish in that offense, with an elite QB (second best in the NFC behind Rodgers) and the league's best wideout on the other side.

Going from the leagues most run-heavy team to the most pass-heavy team would be interesting.
Hahaha, no

Tate does make a ton of sense in Detriot though...

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Hope he enjoys Detroit. A place where marginal free agents get paid exorbitant amounts of money to experience minimal success. A few years there and he'll be as forgotten as Burleson was, but at least he'll get paid, right?

kidhawk

Reaction score
For years, free agents would come to Seattle to set their value then sign with a "more desirable" team. Seems that now the shoe is on the other foot and we are that "more desirable" team, so I can completely see Tate getting the market value for his services then coming back here and working out a deal. If someone overpays for him, he's definitely not irreplaceable, but I'd like to see him stay if the price fits in the long term team goals. He really is fun to watch when he has the ball in his hands

Hawknballs

Reaction score
from perusing a few lions forums, their fans dont even want tate. lots of hate. That's too bad.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Forget the teams, can you imagine that change in cities? Going from living in Seattle to Detroit?! I can't even imagine wanting to go from Calcutta to Detroit, never mind from Seattle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rat":zc6zi78y said:
davidonmi":zc6zi78y said:
Rat":zc6zi78y said:

lol stafford elite, ahead of Brees, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Cutler, and Kaepernic?
no

I would trade any of those guys straight-up for Stafford, laughing the whole time.

For some reason having a hard time believing the QB analysis from a guy that still has Charlie Whitehurst as his avatar.

And lol at Wilson for Stafford straight up.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Rat":3973sz42 said:
davidonmi":3973sz42 said:
Rat":3973sz42 said:

no

You would rather have Stafford than Wilson? You are a smart guy...so I can only assume you are kidding.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":10yrhxmk said:
He could put up crazy stats there. Stafford throwing 650 times and Megatron across from him.
The HC and OC has changed since last season. Not sure they will continue to pass that much.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Rat":zk8g70sf said:
davidonmi":zk8g70sf said:
Rat":zk8g70sf said:

no

Don't worry; you wouldn't be laughing alone. The rest of the league would be laughing at you too.

That said, Tate would do well there. Hope like hell he doesn't sign with them.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
I really believe it will be a mistake if we let Tate go somewhere else. obviously I don't think we should go 6-7 million a year, but we is a very big part of our offense. How much longer can we be a run first team, and with Harvin and Harvin lite (Tate) that will only help ease the load off the beast..

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Stafford is definitely an elite passer and a borderline elite quarterback, all things considered.

More to the point - Tate would put up huge numbers in that offense and he needs to make a big splash with this contract as I wouldn't expect him to get another big deal.

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jg275bf said:
For some reason having a hard time believing the QB analysis from a guy that still has Charlie Whitehurst as his avatar.

Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot. Our front office made a brilliant move trading for him, then instead of naming him the starter right away and building around him like they should have, they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

I would absolutely trade Wilson for Stafford. Easily. That's nothing against Wilson, who is legitimately great.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Again, "that offense" in Detroit is gone. Jim Schwartz and Scott Linehan are gone. Jim Caldwell is in, and is on record that he wants a run-heavy offense that controls the line of scrimmage.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Rat":jkqowmn5 said:
Hasselbeck":jkqowmn5 said:

Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot. Our front office made a brilliant move trading for him, then instead of naming him the starter right away and building around him like they should have, they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

I would absolutely trade Wilson for Stafford. Easily. That's nothing against Wilson, who is legitimately great.

I wouldn't go that far. Let's not get carried away. I have a hard time believing the FO saw something in Wilson so easily, so quickly, but never saw the same in Whitehurst if it was there, which I didn't think it was.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Rat":27hvccru said:
Hasselbeck":27hvccru said:

Why would they name him the starter? They've never done it and will never do it. Everything is earned and whitehurst wasn't good to begin with and then couldn't hack it mentally either.

Status
Not open for further replies.