Tate visiting Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

plyka

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2yyan26k said:
from perusing a few lions forums, their fans dont even want tate. lots of hate. That's too bad.

Most fans outside of Seattle do not think much of Golden. This is why I'm surprised he is leaving. Seattle fans obviously love him, most fans of other teams see him as a replaceable part. They probably think there are at least 15 WRs in this draft alone who are superior.

Chapow

Reaction score
Rat":3ccld3gq said:
He'd be going to a great team that can contend, and getting paid. Some of you talk like he's thinking of signing with the Raiders.

Detroit finished 3rd in the NFC North last year in what was a very down year for that division.

Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Packers, Bears, Eagles, even the Cardinals (10-6 in the best division in the NFL) are all better than the Lions.

I'm not saying that they absolutely can not contend for a playoff spot, because they probably can. I'm just saying that they have a helluva big hill to climb with all those teams ahead of them and I definitely wouldn't call them a great team.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rat":4c09ryoh said:
He'd be going to a great team that can contend, and getting paid. Some of you talk like he's thinking of signing with the Raiders.

A team that can Contend? Are you talking about a team other than the lions because the lions have only been in the playoffs one time since 1999 and the Vikings will be in contention again. Vikings defense can only go up after being horrible last year and blowing 5 or so games at the very end. The offense was top half of the league despite Ponder being the QB 3/4 of the time :thirishdrinkers:

Just for fun I looked it up and the lions havent actually WON a playoff game since 1991...that is BRUTAL. It is actually their only win in the superbowl era. WOW...I didnt even know the lions were THAT bad. Their postseason win before 1991 was in 1957. How can anyone be a lions fan, good lord.

Exittium

Reaction score
I will say this, I'll eat my crow for the whole bennett stuff about money, but nothin pisses me off more when a player blows smoke up everyone's a$$ about hometown discounts. Granted I didn't expect him to take one, but still. "Shrug" I'll give bennett props he was honest.

Cartire

Reaction score
Exittium":3glosoeu said:
I will say this, I'll eat my crow for the whole bennett stuff about money, but nothin pisses me off more when a player blows smoke up everyone's a$$ about hometown discounts. Granted I didn't expect him to take one, but still. "Shrug" I'll give bennett props he was honest.

a discount doesnt mean accepting a crap offer over an amazing offer.

if he has a chance to get 6+/yr from anyone, he should take it. if the discount is anymore then 1 million a year, then its insane to accept it. Read Doug Baldwins transcript about free agency, and you will get the idea. Its not blowing smoke to say youll give a discount and then take an offer thats far superior.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Exittium":3c0slpv7 said:

Until it's a done deal and we find out some other team like Detroit offered a substantial amount more money than we did, it's not really blowing smoke. I'm sure he'd like to stay a Seahawk. But if we offer him quite a bit less than someone else, it's really not a stretch of the imagination to think he'd leave for the money. After all, he said he was open to a bit of a discount to stay, not that he'd take pennies on the dollar to do it.

The difference between Bennett taking say 28 million here and 30 elsewhere is substantially less than Tate taking five here or seven elsewhere. It's two million in each hypothetical case, but a good deal greater percentage of Tate's pay and worth than Bennett's.

Exittium

Reaction score
Cartire":1mwne7ip said:
Exittium":1mwne7ip said:

if he has a chance to get 6+/yr from anyone, he should take it. if the discount is anymore then 1 million a year, then its insane to accept it. Read Doug Baldwins transcript about free agency, and you will get the idea. Its not blowing smoke to say youll give a discount and then take an offer thats far superior.

Wow you completely spun and assumed I was talking about him getting some crap deal.. Lol just an fyi I wouldn't expect anyone to take a low ball deal like that. But all you forum warriors thinks he deserves a still pretty low 4-5mil deal which imo he more worth 6 but hey, "shrug" this forum has been comparable to webzone during the off season. You voice and opinion you get blasted or everything is spun into something else or into a whole new extreme.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
plyka":3t0maesd said:
Hawknballs":3t0maesd said:
from perusing a few lions forums, their fans dont even want tate. lots of hate. That's too bad.

Most fans outside of Seattle do not think much of Golden. This is why I'm surprised he is leaving. Seattle fans obviously love him, most fans of other teams see him as a replaceable part. They probably think there are at least 15 WRs in this draft alone who are superior.
Since when do fans sign free agents?

Chapow

Reaction score
Exittium":1fnxbywy said:

Are you just making a general statement about what pisses you off or are you referring to Tate?

I'm just asking because if it's the latter that would be pretty odd seeing as Tate hasn't signed anything with anyone yet.

He still might end up signing with the Seahawks for all we know, but if you want to be pissed off at Tate for something that hasn't even happened, by all means, go right ahead. Pretty silly though.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
4M a year is life-changing for you. 7M a year, invested right, is life-changing for your kids and grandkids too.

I'm not hating on Tate for whatever he chooses. However, I think it's helpful that Tate and Decker are both floating around out there still. I thought the market would be hot like for CBs and DE/DT players and people would be getting signed right at the jump. Plus, Edelman's out there now...maybe the WR market sucks and Tate will end up back here. I really thought he was gone for sure this morning.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Totally believable. Let's just say Rat sees a LOT of things 'differently,' LMAO! He's stat chaser. Stafford would be in a morgue if he played behind last year's OL.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I was Tate, I would be pretty easily swayed by Detroit.

Think about it. In Seattle, he will always be "pedestrian". This is a run first team. that is not changing, 70 catches in Seattle is like some kind of holy grail. In Detroit? He could see 120 targets easy. (I don't buy the I want to run BS from Caldwell. That team is built to pass on all levels.) He won't have to absorb probably a single double team in Detroit.

Rings vs money and probowls.

Cha Ching.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3dnzgh47 said:
Rat":3dnzgh47 said:

A team that can Contend? Are you talking about a team other than the lions because the lions have only been in the playoffs one time since 1999 and the Vikings will be in contention again. Vikings defense can only go up after being horrible last year and blowing 5 or so games at the very end. The offense was top half of the league despite Ponder being the QB 3/4 of the time :thirishdrinkers:

Just for fun I looked it up and the lions havent actually WON a playoff game since 1991...that is BRUTAL. It is actually their only win in the superbowl era. WOW...I didnt even know the lions were THAT bad. Their postseason win before 1991 was in 1957. How can anyone be a lions fan, good lord.

I had to LOL @ this statement about the LieDowns...Cause it is so damned true!!!!!! :th2thumbs:

Dtowers

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3m0pqk5x said:

Think about it. In Seattle, he will always be "pedestrian". This is a run first team. that is not changing, 70 catches in Seattle is like some kind of holy grail. In Detroit? He could see 120 targets easy. (I don't buy the I want to run BS from Caldwell. That team is built to pass on all levels.) He won't have to absorb probably a single double team in Detroit.

Cha Ching.

Agreed. The only downside? He'd be in Detroit. Yuck.

Cartire

Reaction score
Exittium":3qea4jpe said:
Cartire":3qea4jpe said:
Exittium":3qea4jpe said:

Wow you completely spun and assumed I was talking about him getting some crap deal.. Lol just an fyi I wouldn't expect anyone to take a low ball deal like that. But all you forum warriors thinks he deserves a still pretty low 4-5mil deal which imo he more worth 6 but hey, "shrug" this forum has been comparable to webzone during the off season. You voice and opinion you get blasted or everything is spun into something else or into a whole new extreme.

spun what? Do you come to forums to just make comments like a PFT article or do you want to actually discuss things with people? You were able to get mad at someone for not agreeing with your form of thinking, and simultaneously, compared the whole forum to the webzone. while the whole time, thinking I was "blasting" your opinion. I just told you I dont think it was blowing smoke. Sorry if thats too much for you on the internet.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1jkc63ch said:
4M a year is life-changing for you. 7M a year, invested right, is life-changing for your kids and grandkids too.

I'm not hating on Tate for whatever he chooses. However, I think it's helpful that Tate and Decker are both floating around out there still. I thought the market would be hot like for CBs and DE/DT players and people would be getting signed right at the jump. Plus, Edelman's out there now...maybe the WR market sucks and Tate will end up back here. I really thought he was gone for sure this morning.
I said this before free agency but I'll say it again because of the stacked draft and the fact that all the FA receivers being #2's or slot receivers the market is woefully soft. I see nobody offering Tate above 6 if that.

No hate if he leaves but I believe our offer won't be an underpay when it's all said and done.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ac8i55t said:

Cha Ching.
I definitely could see it for any other team but it's DETROIT! They're arguably the worst NFL franchise ever. And are in the modern era, they are bad, systematically bad, Mariner bad.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Tate is a major source of the "explosive toughness" that this team has built itself around. He'll be missed if he's signed away.

Schneider will have a big job in replacing Tate. Obviously the draft and FA are loaded at WR, but then Schneider has missed on a WR or two before.

If Kearse is for real, and the Hawks hit on a playmaker tight end like Finley, that would help. I'm not necessarily advocating a Finley signing, but if they did, and he worked out. Whoa, what a weapon for Russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts