OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Rat":31p7psrn said:
davidonmi":31p7psrn said:
Rat":31p7psrn said:
He would flourish in that offense, with an elite QB (second best in the NFC behind Rodgers) and the league's best wideout on the other side.

Going from the leagues most run-heavy team to the most pass-heavy team would be interesting.
lol stafford elite, ahead of Brees, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Cutler, and Kaepernic?
no

I would trade any of those guys straight-up for Stafford, laughing the whole time.
and while you make that trade everyone else will be laughing at you. Except if it was Cutler, or Ryan, I think that would be relatively fair
Did you watch the Baltimore game, the decisive game in their season

Hawks46

Reaction score
I honestly figured Tate would hit the open market, just to gauge interest, if anything.

Either he thinks he's worth more than we do, or the Seahawks offered a lowball contract.

I don't see this as meaning much. I do think that the very strong draft class of WRs will supress FA WR market value. If Tate starts going to much over 5 mil/year, why wouldn't you just draft a guy that could end up being better ?

Chapow

Reaction score
Rat":os965y8c said:
Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot. Our front office made a brilliant move trading for him, then instead of naming him the starter right away and building around him like they should have, they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

:shock:

You crazy

dunceface

Reaction score
kidhawk":3b3leaek said:
For years, free agents would come to Seattle to set their value then sign with a "more desirable" team. Seems that now the shoe is on the other foot and we are that "more desirable" team, so I can completely see Tate getting the market value for his services then coming back here and working out a deal. If someone overpays for him, he's definitely not irreplaceable, but I'd like to see him stay if the price fits in the long term team goals. He really is fun to watch when he has the ball in his hands

THIS.

Off-topic: Rat is off his meds again!

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13wg29rw said:
Kennedyin92":13wg29rw said:
A few years there and he'll be as forgotten as Burleson was,
Like Burleson was for the Seahawks, too?

No, I was strictly speaking about when he went to Detroit. Burleson was electric for the Hawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rat":fondvc86 said:
Hasselbeck":fondvc86 said:
For some reason having a hard time believing the QB analysis from a guy that still has Charlie Whitehurst as his avatar.

And lol at Wilson for Stafford straight up.
Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot. Our front office made a brilliant move trading for him, then instead of naming him the starter right away and building around him like they should have, they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

I would absolutely trade Wilson for Stafford. Easily. That's nothing against Wilson, who is legitimately great.

This single post is filled with so much crazy that I can't even speak...

Jville

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1tvz4e46 said:
Again, "that offense" in Detroit is gone. Jim Schwartz and Scott Linehan are gone. Jim Caldwell is in, and is on record that he wants a run-heavy offense that controls the line of scrimmage.

They are on a roll ..... they can't hear you. Off topic and regurgitating old arguments. It gets sidetracked like that around here.

randomation

Reaction score
Rat":s2odrpil said:
He would flourish in that offense, with an elite QB (second best in the NFC behind Rodgers) and the league's best wideout on the other side.

Going from the leagues most run-heavy team to the most pass-heavy team would be interesting.

2nd best in the north maybe there are a lot of qbs in the nfc better then Stafford, Wilson had nearly as many tds fewer picks and wasn't throwing to calvin johnson also higher rating higher completion, Stafford's stats are more inflated then Lucks and that is saying something.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawks46":3n1iqh85 said:
I honestly figured Tate would hit the open market, just to gauge interest, if anything.

Either he thinks he's worth more than we do, or the Seahawks offered a lowball contract.

I don't see this as meaning much. I do think that the very strong draft class of WRs will supress FA WR market value. If Tate starts going to much over 5 mil/year, why wouldn't you just draft a guy that could end up being better ?

Because a rookie WR stands a much greater chance of never being any where near as good as Tate is now than ever being better.

The bust rate on WRs (any players really) is quite high.

Rat

Reaction score
randomation":18ldjtr1 said:
Rat":18ldjtr1 said:

2nd best in the north maybe there are a lot of qbs in the nfc better then Stafford, Wilson had nearly as many tds fewer picks and wasn't throwing to calvin johnson also higher rating higher completion, Stafford's stats are more inflated then Lucks and that is saying something.

Stafford's pick % wasn't bad at all for how much he had to throw the ball. He's WAY better than people realize.

Wartooth

Reaction score
If Tate leaves, it'll be his choice.
I'm sure Seattle made him a fair offer, he didn't like it, and so will now see if he can get more.
I don't really know how well he would do up there; the Lions are kind of in transition right now, or again!
It could be boom or bust for him in Detroit.
I do think if he does leave, that John and Pete will get busy getting ADB extended.
I also think that John and Pete got a bigger target picked out for Russell that will come along later.
If that turns out to be the case, I'd be good with it.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":i293lbik said:
Rat":i293lbik said:
Hasselbeck":i293lbik said:
For some reason having a hard time believing the QB analysis from a guy that still has Charlie Whitehurst as his avatar.

And lol at Wilson for Stafford straight up.

I would absolutely trade Wilson for Stafford. Easily. That's nothing against Wilson, who is legitimately great.
Why would they name him the starter? They've never done it and will never do it. Everything is earned and whitehurst wasn't good to begin with and then couldn't hack it mentally either.
I've always felt that QB competitions are deleterious to a franchise. A team needs to know who its leader is.

randomation

Reaction score
Rat":290temqx said:
randomation":290temqx said:
Rat":290temqx said:

Stafford's pick % wasn't bad at all for how much he had to throw the ball. He's WAY better than people realize.

His TD numbers were pathetic for how much he threw the ball, he has not had a single year over a rating over 100 he isn't that good. Give Russ Megatron and he would make Stafford look like a high school qb, the only reason Stafford still has a job is Calvin Johnson not even a question.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Lions hardly have any salary cap space available at all. I doubt they'll be able to break the bank for Tate.

tubbs51

Reaction score
davidonmi":37j4wt2l said:
Rat":37j4wt2l said:

lol stafford elite, ahead of Brees, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Cutler, and Kaepernic?
no
I agree with you to a point. However i would take Stafford over Romo, and Cutler and maybe Kaep and Ryan.

He'll make an informed decision hopefully and realize he'll be going to an offense that's transitioning from Pass Heavy to a run heavy offense with Joique (Sp?) Bell as a tail back instead of Beastmode.

Rat

Reaction score
The Lions are not going "run heavy", I don't care what Caldwell says. It's mostly empty rhetoric to convince their dejected fans that things will be dramatically different from the last regime.

They still have Stafford and the league's best offensive weapon. They're not suddenly becoming the NFL's version of last year's Stanford team.

jack_patera

Reaction score
oh the dilema...chase the mighty $$ or chase rings....how much $$ is enough? i would chase rings and pass on 80 million dollar homes and whatnot and could survive on 5-7-10 mil/yr...but then again, if someone was to pay me 15, i'd be a fool not to go after it...i just want as much of the band to stay together...akroyd and belushi should never have split up...sting should've never left the police...and big red should still be here in seattle! don't go tate...!

Rat

Reaction score
He'd be going to a great team that can contend, and getting paid. Some of you talk like he's thinking of signing with the Raiders.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Rat":3epogc3w said:
Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot...they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

:13: Same exact reason Russell Wilson never succeeded here.

Stafford: 61 career games. 73 INTs. 109 TDs.

If the Lions pay big enough, I won't blame Golden for swapping the Emerald City for Post-Apocalyptic Town. He won't ever reach a SB again, but he'll have the cash to ease his pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.