Tell The Truth Tuesday

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I honestly wonder if Rawls will ever get back to what he was last year. I hope he can take some time and get fully healthy.

What's the over/under on total Jimmy Graham redzone targets this year? 8?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I want Pete to demonstrate some of that "always compete" mantra when it comes to offensive coordinators. That position on the Seattle Seahawks staff seems to be a royal family kind of thing; no one can take it until the current king croaks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yxes1122":23eretas said:
I don't understand how splitting Tukuafu out wide on 1st and 20 creates a mismatch.

Cos he's bigger. Duh.

I'll go with, Bradley Sowell is a future average LT.

Robert Quinn is kinda good.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Carroll should also probably acknowledge that he won the award for the #1 biggest mistake by any coach in Week #1 (USA TODAY).

Went up against tough competition but clearly beat out all competitors by allowing a gimpy Russell to play with a high ankle sprain that was clearly not healed.

Bonus points for the magestically stupid move of trying run the read option with same gimpy QB.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
It is time to make sacrifices on defense to prop up the offense.

Time to start letting go of some of our players that are nearing the twilight of their career and replace them with higher tier o-lineman that can protect Wilson long enough to make more than one read.

Bevell makes me want to punch a kitten. Yes he is hamstrung by a sub-par o-line, but for the love of God adjust or go away forever.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2qrczpd8 said:
Russell Wilson is the only reason bevell still has a job

Exactly.

There's only one flavor of game plan in Bevell's book, and it's vanilla.

Couldn't have had less of an imagination preparing for a team that has now beat us 2 in a row, and 4/5. So tired of this guy.

hawker84

Reaction score
anonFAFA":38hsl58k said:
hawker84":38hsl58k said:
You made a claim, he refuted it with scores that don't look like ugly wins at all. You then claim he cherry picked 12 games out of 40. He came back with data that says the Seahawks won 22 games between 2014 to 2015 (out of 32). Even if you could make the argument that 51% of ugly wins means "usually", that would still be wrong as they seem to have won more than half their games with scores that don't look like they were ugly wins. They look like dominant wins. I don't see how requiring the defense getting a turnover makes it any less dominant. I don't see why great field position makes it any less dominant. In fact, those things are probably, more often than not, what makes a team dominate over another.

It seems to me that your claims (with no stats) have been refuted by a couple of stats. You then demand more stats from him to further back his numbers up. To tell you the truth, I'm more convinced with his argument and am now waiting to see if you can come up with stats from those 12 games that back your theory up and refute his. I'm all for changing my mind, but his numbers have me more convinced at this moment in time.

So you got me curious, and decided to do a little digging on some of the games in 2015 he listed as dominating wins. Here's some info on those games.

First off there was more than 32 games played if you count post season, so not sure 51% is accurate? Anyhoo: let's just start with 2015......

1. Cards - week 17 - 36 to 6 - No doubt, dominating win by the Hawks. We scored 30 in the first half and led Arizona by 24 going into the 3rd quarter. We scored two more field goals in the second half, shut them out in the second half. Great win down there.

2. Browns - Week 15 - 30 to 13 - So off the top of my head and looking at the box scores this looks like a dominating victory by the Hawks, and it was by all accounts. But let's take into account we were playing the Johnny Football led Browns and their vaunting 27th ranked defense. Their leading tackler that day was Tashaun Gipson, ya that's what I said too, Who?
besides having the 27th ranked overall defense they were:
27th points per game - 27.0
30th against the run
22nd against the pass

So yes great win against one of the league's cellar dwellers.

Niners (both games) 20-3 and 29-13 respectfully. Both great wins against a Colin Sackorpick lead offense and a completely gutted 9ers Defense. Let's look a little closer. Despite the loss of how many pro bowl caliber players on D, the 9ers still managed to have the:

29th ranked overall defense
29th against the run
27th against the pass

Yep they pretty much sucked on both sides of the ball. Again one of the leagues worst teams last year.

Da Bears - 26-0 Hawks win. Again good game, we did what we're suppose to do against a craptastick Jimmy Clausen lead bears team with arguably one of the worst O lines in the league. But I'm more interested in the offense, so let's see how they ranked defensively.

14th overall defense ( not bad at all )
22nd against the run
4th against the pass (damn good)

Great win against a decent D, but let's face it their offensive was atrocious and could not stay on the field, and we all know what happens when the D is on the field all game. By the way, we lead 6-0 going into the 3rd quarter which further validates my claim that this offense starts slow, even in a dominating win.

Vikings - 38-7 - great win up there. But let's not pretend that Bridgewater wasn't in a little over his head in his second year. A year in which he threw 292 completions on 447 attempts for a whopping 65.3%. 14 TD's against 9 picks and just over 3,000yrds. The Vikings were as good as they were because of their D. A defense we faced missing Linval Joseph (pro bowler) and on our very first drive lost Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith. Their top 3 defenders ( the equivalent of losing Bennett, Wagner and Kam ). Those 3 then faced us in the playoffs, little bit of a different defense with them in there, yes? But none the less great win.

So in my opinion, we did what we're suppose to do against teams like these (hence my cherry picking comment). How did we fair against teams who actually were pretty good? Shall we delve into that?

P.S. I got my numbers from NFL.com so if they're wrong blame them....

Dude, I honestly don't know what you are talking about right now. You claimed that the Seahawks are always going to win ugly. Someone comes along and refutes that. Then you come along and basically say that the Seahawks take care of business when they should. Now you're asking about the performance against good teams?

Man, I just want to basically say that your comment that when the Seahawks win, it's usually ugly seems to be factually wrong given that it looks like 12 of the 22 wins were won in dominant, good performance fashion. The other 10 could have been ugly and the Seahawks will have still won in a non-ugly way for most of their games.

Never said they always win ugly, said they usually win ugly. And I said he cherry picked games to prove his point, you disagreed, asked me to prove it with stats, I did and you still call BS? Ok I concede. I stand corrected. I guess I should have said, Seahawks usually win ugly unless were playing the worst teams in the league....

Fade

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is the team is in survival mode right now. First off, they have to take care of business against the Niners.

Then strongly consider resting anyone hobbled in week 4, especially RW if he looks bad again this week. (Trade an AFC loss, for an additional week of recovery.) Then come back after the bye in week 6, ready to make a run for the division.

They will need to go 10-2 for a 12-4 record, which should be enough for the NFCW, especially if they can pull off a 5-1 division record. This is why the Rams loss is so brutal. They have to pretty much play perfect ball after they comeback from the bye.

#Wednesday

I needed an extra day to think about it.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
For the first time since 2012 season ended, I think that Carolina is better than Seattle home or away and it's the first time I've come to grips that it's up to Seattle as a team to show that is not the case....

It's TBD until I see Graham, Vannett, Rawls, Prosise and Ifedi all integrated into the lineup. ALL 5 pieces are items that we penciled in at some point as something that could develop into a better version of last year.

Ifedi over Britt-Yes.
Britt over Lewis-Yes
Glowinski over a not healthy Sweezy-Yes
Shead over Cary Williams
Kam Chancellor over Dion Bailey
Year 2 of Frank Clark or overpriced Bruce Irvin-Yes
Year 2 of Tyler Lockett over Year 1 of Lockett-Yes
Deep threat of Paul Richardson-Yes
Full season of Jeremy Lane-Yes

Concerns are:

Gilliam Year 2 is worse than Year 1.
Sowell is a terrible replacement for Okung, but I'd rather have paid Jeremy Lane and drafted Jarran Reed vs going first and 2nd round on the offensive line or resigning Okung.
Would like to see George Fant if Sowell struggles and Webb at RT vs Gilliam......my instincts are that Gilliam is "too comfortable" and needs to be pushed.
Long snapper is kinda solved, but scary to watch and the weather hasn't gotten bad yet.

drdiags

Reaction score
OL is where I expected it would be though not expecting to have to see Webb in place of Ifedi.

WRs are just not that good in my opinion.

I expect the team to trade Jimmy Graham since there is no chance they re-sign him and they cannot figure out how to use him.

To date, the Rams and 9ers fans saying the Seahawks have slipped below them in the division are having a nice chuckle.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is baffling to me that we specifically seemed to want to "fix" the OL and somehow made it worse.

I guess losing our LT was a big part of that but it really looks bad for now. Not saying that the line could not get better, because it frankly cannot get worse.

Before, our pass protection was helped by some good run blocking which kept the rushers guessing and limited the beeline to the QB. Now, with very little danger in letting a run free they can just concentrate on nailing our less mobile QB. Which make the pass blocking even more difficult and ineffective.

To be fair though, I am firmly in the "What the HELL is Wilson even doing playing at all?!?!?" camp. I didn't like it against LA, won't against SF either. With a healthy Wilson we stand a slim chance, with a gimpy one that never got a chance to heal? No chance.

Latest posts