Thanks For A Great Season

fan4life

Reaction score
kearly":3ng9u3b7 said:
Personally, I hated the year 2015. From the SB til week 6, there was a decade's worth of heartbreak for Seahawks fans. Really all season long there were only two wins I'll cherish, Pittsburgh and Arizona. From Chancellor's holdout to the injuries to the shocking ineffectiveness of our pass D to Seattle finding ways to lose games in new and exciting ways, it was a year full of pain that I hope to never see ever again as long as Pete and Russ are here.

That said, 2015 was also a turning point season where Seattle became more feared for their offense than their defense. Russell has emerged as one of the very best pocket passers in the NFL, and Thomas Rawls looks like he could give Seattle a Jamaal Charles career path. I'm very excited for the return of Graham and Richardson as they seem tailor made to fit this new spread heavy style of offense.

My only doubts about Seattle's future are related to the pass defense. It seems like the league has solved Pete's cover 3. Seattle's pass rush seemed like it needed to blitz to get home all year, so that might be something to look at as well.

I think the goal for Seattle should be to get home games next playoffs and then hope for three straight non-weird games in the postseason. If that happens, Seattle can be champs again. I will never trust them to win 4 straight on the road if only because something as seemingly innocent as sodding a field a week before the game could make it a weird game for Seattle, and they'd have no control over that as a visitor.

:13:

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
It was a good season - definitely memorable. Just like our season, we started off horrible, then got better and better until we were virtually unstoppable. But it was too little, too late.

I'm actually not sad or even disappointed this evening. I think after being down 31-0 to arguably the best team in the NFL this year at their field, and seeing our Hawks fight back like they did in the 2nd half and play nearly flawless football with a lot of heart, gives me a lot to look forward to for next year. If it's possible to feel good about a loss, this is it. I'll take this loss any day over last year's Super Bowl.

wayuptherehawk

Reaction score
to Pete and co.

thanks for the season. Truly memorable, and I love this team. no quit, as was evident today. Amazing fight.

onepicknick

Reaction score
This was a great season but the one thing I think they need to build on is what Pete says needs to be changed a little.

Can you win a game in the 1st Q can you win a game in the 2 nd Q can you win a game in the 3 rd Q can you win a game in the 4 th Q.

You need to show up in all 4 quarters not just one or two. A lot of the time this year we didn't show up in one to two of the quarters.

Own The West

Reaction score
I personally think the season started and ended with Kam's holdout. His training camp surprise put us in a bind -- whether to move on or plan on him being here. In the short term it disrupted our preparation for the season and cost a 5th rounder for his emergency replacement. In the long term it cost us 2-3 wins, the opportunity for home field in the playoffs, and his half-hearted play infected the whole defense. If he can't get "All In" by next season, I hope we can get somebody else to buy into him based on his past performance a la Taylor Mays II.

As for the offense, hopefully 2016 will be a year of stability. I'm indifferent as to whether we keep Okung or not; if we don't Bailey's a better run blocker and Okung might get us a 3rd round comp pick in 2017.

Hopefully RW gets hungry again. I felt his play was the same as last year, just with an upgraded receiving core (namely Locket for Lockett). Next year I'd like to see him get the ball out quicker and take some of the loft off his throws -- like today he overthrew a couple deep routes, but if he starts hitting those it's for 6, rather than those arcing 50/50 balls with no YAC opportunity.

On the whole, I think we will be better next year with a little house cleaning and some more depth from the draft. Until then, I'm going to start forgetting about this season starting ... now!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Own The West":b8n3gifq said:
.........and take some of the loft off his throws -- like today he overthrew a couple deep routes, but if he starts hitting those it's for 6, rather than those arcing 50/50 balls with no YAC opportunity..........
Not sure that will ever happen because of his height. Makes his release point lower. And I'm a huge Russ fan so not denigrating him.

Own The West

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2l0iz7v9 said:
Own The West":2l0iz7v9 said:
.........and take some of the loft off his throws -- like today he overthrew a couple deep routes, but if he starts hitting those it's for 6, rather than those arcing 50/50 balls with no YAC opportunity..........
Not sure that will ever happen because of his height. Makes his release point lower. And I'm a huge Russ fan so not denigrating him.

I should have been more clear. I want to see him drive his throws down field more instead of launching these rainbows that draw a crowd as they come down. Generally when he's running the 2:00 drill he drives his throws like he did in the second half today, but for some reason he normally floats the ball in there so our receivers lose what separation they had by the time the ball gets there.

So I know he's capable, I just think he doesn't want or prefers not to.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Proud of our team and the way they fought all year.

Played hard - but not always smart - along with some very questionable game plans / calls by our coordinators. We saw a lot of that Sunday in the 1st half.

Still plenty to look forward to in the future, especially if some real changes happen with both the staff and the roster.
We are a good team, but need to get back to being great.

Largent80

Reaction score
Awesome turnaround after being 2-4.

Looking forward to going to New Orleans this upcoming season.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
These are all great seasons! This is a great era! Be sure to appreciate what we have here, which is a very well put together organization that will keep us in the playoff picture and Superbowl discussion for a decade. A lot of teams would have rolled over after that flash-bang yesterday, but these guys have heart. This is a great TEAM and we are great fans, enjoy the ride!

byau

Reaction score
Very grateful for a fantastic season, a fantastic group of guys. This is STILL the golden age of Seahawks football right now.

I love their grit. I love that they won't stop fighting. I love that their baseline is their belief that they can pull off those miracle wins.

Love this team. Golden age of Seahawks football right now.

GO HAWKS

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. Thanks to everybody here. I enjoy the discussions. I'll disappear for a while but be back. As to the season, Wow. There were so many nailbiters my fingers are all an inch shorter now. (-: We weren't too far off. If we pulled this one off, I think we would have punished the Cardinals and be back with a crack at the Broncos or Patriots. Wouldn't that have been fun. A few days ago I could have added the Steelers to that list. I enjoyed watching the offensive explosion we saw this year. This make me look forward to next year even more. Lockett, Rawls and Clark added to the mix. Who will they find for next year? I am confident they will find some more talent. Go Hawks.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the season was great or not, but it sure was fun!....and that's why I watch football. I look to be entertained. And even though we definitely had some low times, we also had some wonderful times.

Look how we overcame a 2-4 start and made it to the playoffs. No quit in this team, and no quit in this Fan! :les:

And while I'm here, let me get my brownie points in:

Thanks to Rockhawk & Anguish for keeping this home-away-from-home, going. Thanks to HH82 for being a terrific, compassionate, yet humble, Lead Admin. And last but not least; Thanks to all the Mods and former Mods who try to keep this place from becoming a completely chaotic disaster. (Yes, I typed that with a straight face...honest!)

AlaskaJaxx

Reaction score
"These are all great seasons! This is a great era! Be sure to appreciate what we have here, which is a very well put together organization that will keep us in the playoff picture and Superbowl discussion for a decade. A lot of teams would have rolled over after that flash-bang yesterday, but these guys have heart. This is a great TEAM and we are great fans, enjoy the ride!"

Sorry, I didn't use the official quote system, but wanted to finish the thread before responding --- as its been a tough 28 hours! I'm 'all good' now and SoCalSeahawk "Nailed" it, a perfect, eloquent explanation of the dream we're enjoying. I'm 45 and lived in the PacNW my entire life. With four younger brothers, dad couldn't afford King Dome regular season games but we always caught a preseason or two --- from Zorn through Kreig, Hasselback --> Seneca Apple juice to #3 ---> the "Real Curt Warner" through Shaun's 2,000 yard season and BeastQuake to SB 48, 49's heartbreaker BUT most exciting SB I've seen in years, if not 'all time as a '12' and Largent through DJack to today's Mad Do(u)g Baldwin ---> the last four years have been an absolute Dream Come True

With respect to the Carolina organization and their readiness yesterday -- my hat's off but I truly hope Arizona exposes you and finishes what we started the second half of yesterday's game, put together with week six's first ½ of play and we win 54-3 I believe! If the young LOB were to have shown face in January 2012 the final :39 seconds without timeouts from their (Atlanta) 20 yard line after Russ drives us down to take the lead in the game as a freshman in the league --- & had we made a SINGLE stop Q 1 & 2 yesterday or one less offensive mistake, bad sack or pick (6) --- we're two plays from four NFC championship games in a row. Four years ago -- the year we lost in the same round of the playoffs as wildcard, Russ's first season -- we were 'up on Atlanta' by scoring with less than a minute and a LONG drive. Taking the lead I believe the first time of the game. We kick off, touchback, they're on their own 20 with 'less than a minute' (it seems like :37 or :39 seconds), not TOs, and our defense had played well second ½. First play Matt Ryan, Roddy White, 30 yards, second play Ryan to Julio, another 15-20 putting the, in field goal range with the clock stopped 'cause Julio got outta bounce. Remember this story? Cause had we pulled it off, San Fran was up next - a team we'd SMOKED week 16 or 17 of the regular season -- by high double digits -- & the team that would eventually rep the NFC in SB 47 --- the rest is history. Pete attempts age old silly 'ice the kicker' (in a dome) by calling late time out. He was in motion when refs blew, and missed the FG! Second attempt, he makes it moving Atlanta to the NFC Championship game v. San Fran. Two SBs back to back and this year, started much the same as last year --- as we seemingly enjoy using September as our pre-season by getting 88 and 24 back involved or in 88's case, initiated to the offense. 2-4 when the two go down --- & I'm a HUGE Marshawn fan. As big as they get. But the 88 move, I was skeptical --- and I think getting him involved in the core unit's game plan may have thrown a chemistry built over three years 'off' a bit in the beginning. As much a 3 & 88 worked together in the off season, I still believe in my heart Jimm G was a weird, initial fit for the team in Bev's playbook. That said, he's definitely an asset with Luke, I am your Father, Wilson healthy and able to 'block' & catch unlike 88 --- Rawls healthy and #24 sharing the load and eliminating ½ the 400 carries of a usual season may just get another year outta Beast Mode but I'm a bit skeptical as well of his coming back off gut surgery to carry against one of the troughest from eight in the league -- with as formidable a linebacker core as ours, arguably -- the last 9 or ten game short pass system #3 was so successful with was out the window -- anticipating that 60/40 run/pass split we're known for -- essentially sidelining the greatest, most proficient "Pocket Passer" of the SEASON! Who'd have thunk? Working 24 in to the game a bit slower than they did --- as in sure Carolina practiced all week stopping him against their own beast Tolbet --- using the play action or the quick passes to Luke, Doug, Kearse or long shots on first to 16 would've kept chemistry wed played with the better part of the season, established some first quarter confidence and possibly invigorate the defense for a stop or stand as well :)
Woulda, shoulda, and coulda - the second ½ was an absolute JOY to see. Watch. And look forward to with next season starting a couple weeks from now. With the draft, free agency and some cap room with the right moves. Offensive line needs some depth and a Walter/Hutch combo on the blind side of Russ. We've GOT to build a line up. Not sexy, but important. Get #31 paid. Regardless of Kam's coverage challenges -- #29 compliments him just fine. Then make absolutely sure Wagner, Avril, Irv, & KJ have their paper guaranteed --- with some help for Mebane in a DTack position --- Bennett is already unstoppable -- defense is in excellent shape. Maybe a bit more depth and experience @ CB to rotate in as a second safety or their standard coverage with Jeremy Lane.
I'm not disrespecting Lynch, but yesterday our first ½ looked like we'd given in and were ready to hit the golf course. Possibly understandable as the team's core had played deep into January four straight seasons, early February twice back to back including last year. BUT, the Magic Formula and potion Bevel and Wilson cooked up the last ten weeks of play was something to see. The defense in most of these games was equally potent --- icing a LOT of playoff teams from ever even reaching the EZone. Couple field goals and nothing more. The Ram game was a big one that hurt us with seating and a key defensive tape study for a well rested Panther team that was healthy --- old RiverboatRivera and staff did a helluva job punching us in the nose and taking away our feet, our biggest attribute in the first half. Switching cleats on 52 players during play while substituting or constantly turning the ball over just doesn't work. Isn't possible for the equipment staff and should have been a known before play. But turf and rare snow in Charlotte isn't an excuse -- the first two minutes - maybe three were the key. Those 20 points -- had we held out one its a different outcome. We beat them by nearly 50 if you add first half of first game, second half of the second game. But they beat us when it mattered and for that, my respects. The Seahawks won all their games this year in the first three quarters of the regular season. When years past --- this is where we fell short, much like yesterday. Finishing strong and getting the win
I was very concerned pre game when EVERY NFL channel's analysts chose Seattle to win. That scared me. And the blown opening few minutes to the game showed exactly how two or three key plays in a game can eliminate even the most valiant efforts of coming back to win.

In summary, TL/DR --- they're my favorite team and I can't remember missing a game or an 'era' of Seahawk ball that's been as exciting as the era we're enjoying today. Whether you're a new comer or long time Seahawk fan, there's NOTHING to be bummed or ashamed about. We're a bone crunching, ass kicking team that'll maintain its core players for a while. We've got the toughest quarterback in the NFL (has he missed a snap since taking Flynn's gig four years ago? He certainly didn't miss one this year and took more and bigger hits than any QB in the league!) with the highest Pocket Pass rating (everyone's biggest 'concern' even after going 37-6 TD/Int in Wisconsin his senior year) in the league! Second most rushing yards - & essentially a double tailback threat at all times keeping one of the 11 across the line in check! He did it without 24 9/10 times on offense this year, erasing ANY doubt about his ultimate reliance on the 'heartbeat of this team' (analyst speak) - Marshawn Lynch. Rawls is an unsuspected talent like the third round returner turned prolific downfield threat, #16, Lil' Lock and the other dozen or so pro bowl deep draft picks or undrafted studs Pete, John and Personnel have so well targeted in the past. But switching focus, 2016's talent scouts HAVE to find some athletic big boys to protect Russ's back.

Great. Job. HAWKS! Love the team. The season while tough game ½ to swallow yesterday -- finsished with an extraordinary ½ of ball leaving a significantly brighter outlook ahead than if we'd been steam rolled or phoned in the final ½ cause it's impossible to win down 31-0. They're believers and I'm too. We're less than the fingers on one of our hands plays from four back to back to back to back NFC Championship appearances. Atlanta and Carolina. Tough but true and the ONLY TEAMs in the NFL to have appeared in three back to back were the Bills (4) and lost all of them. As well, Dolphins 40 years ago and almost 50 for the 65-67 Packers. Without half the teams. So in the NFL modern era of 32, it's yet to be done. And to nearly get there with arguably the toughest season schedule & with the injuries to key players we faced says even more about the team and their desire to play, win and represent us that can't. The Twelves!

Go Hawks! (& for the remainder of the next four weeks, Cards, NFC West, Represent!) --- unless your a silly Bawwston fan, there's no team in the last decade this dominant this many years in a row --- defense four straight and many answers answered this year about an offense with a LOT of upside. For many years to come with #3 signed

Now, to the management. Don't go sexy. Go OLine. Protect that asset in offense. We. Need. 3 to get to three! To win 3 and 3 more. That's 12 for is 12's that have waited 30 years for a run like this (25, as it started five ago!). Don't take it for granted. Only 12/32 make it to the post season. Only 25% of the league past wildcard weekend. We've done the latter four years in a row, two of which we were the BEST of 32, just didn't feel like proving it a year ago --- and for the team to come back after last year's SB loss, the last play --- and the first six weeks of the season - 4 games out of first in our division says a LOT for the fortitude of this team --- that's hopefully in its same look 16/17 with a health pair of good TEs, RBs and an O Line that measures up to the rest of the team -- defense, special teams and skill players on offense.

To the mods, I've followed Hawks.net for years but only recently registered. It's an excellent site populated by a very engaging and intelligent forum. Different than most the rest of the league.

To the Team --- WAY. TO. GO Fellas! Another amazing gift you've given us this season as fans and a HUGE pat on the back to all Of you. What an Aweseome Year --- and an amazing run of four. Keep it going! We'll ALL be here for ya making the CLink even louder next year, than last. Enjoy the off season as you deserve it. Just stay in shape, healthy and don't do anything silly to get injured.

AK Jaxx

A

Anonymous

Hi there, AlaskaJaxx!

First off, welcome! Glad to have you here. One hell of a first post, and trust me, almost all of us here share your enthusiasm. It takes some seeds to lay it all out like you did here, and I'm proud of you for doing so.

I have only three words of advice for you. So, here we go:

1.) Paragraphs.
2.) Commas.
3.) Brevity.

Go Hawks!!!
:icon_new:

TwilightError

Reaction score
It was a hard season but in the end it was a hard fought season with a very difficult starting point. I'm proud how they made this a quite successful season in the end, with no need to feel any shame.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":59kzr62p said:
Redneck Voodoo":59kzr62p said:
Cardinals fan here: I am saddened to see that the two best teams will not be playing in the NFCCG. Your guys really showed heart in that second half and as much as I can't stand Pete Carroll, I was rooting for you, hard. NFCW is still the best in the NFL and I hope we represent well. Go Cards and will look forward to hating you guys next season... :) .

Wipe Cam's smile off his face. Hoping for a Cardinals win.

I grade it as a Good-to-very-good season. Very entertaining at times, and I appreciated seeing progress in a number of areas on O.

I view Car vs Ari as W for me, no matter the outcome.

If the Cards win, Cams dancing azz as well as that of the very unprofessional punk that is Shaq Thompson will be sent to their sofas. I'll also be happy for Fitz getting another chance at a SB before he retires. If the Panthers win, I'll feel sorry for Fitz, but sending the very pompous "New Sherriff'" home with a red face will more than offset my sympathy for Larry. I'll also be happy for Kuechly, who is a true pro, so there is that.

Plenty of positives either way!

Looking forward to next season! GO HAWKS!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Own The West":1qxfwh7c said:
hawksfansinceday1":1qxfwh7c said:
Own The West":1qxfwh7c said:

I should have been more clear. I want to see him drive his throws down field more instead of launching these rainbows that draw a crowd as they come down. Generally when he's running the 2:00 drill he drives his throws like he did in the second half today, but for some reason he normally floats the ball in there so our receivers lose what separation they had by the time the ball gets there.

So I know he's capable, I just think he doesn't want or prefers not to.

Eeeeeya, good points, though I think some of what you speak of is a balancing act.

In Russ's first preseason with us -pretty sure this was immediately after the rookie minicamp- Pete told Russ that he was concerned about 'lack of touch' on his deep ball. According to the coaches, Russ 'fixed' that issue from that point on. So we get into the conflict of: Earlier arrival of the ball vs throwing a more catchable pass (and doing your coaches' bidding).

As far as your comments about Russ being 'same as last season,' I couldn't disagree more. His release on average is noticeably quicker, especially after the mid-season adjustments, and that is backed up watching the tape and taking a stopwatch to it. His performance from and willingness to stay in the pocket has improved as well. 34 TDs vs 24 last season, a franchise record in passing yards, highest passer rating in the league. First player in NFL history to pass for 4000+ yds 30+ TDs and rush for 500+ yds. Did he do any of that last season? Pray tell, where does this 'stayed the same' statement you make manifest itself??

Latest posts